Little Disappointed in Free Agent Haul

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I know goal is to build team thru the draft but little shocked Rams front office has not try to make a bigger splash in free agency.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
GreeneCounty said:
I know goal is to build team thru the draft but little shocked Rams front office has not try to make a bigger splash in free agency.
empty-pockets.jpg

…..

Legend
The Dude said:
GreeneCounty said:
empty-pockets.jpg

:omg:

You just set the record for ending a thread discussion in one single post, without one single word.

You are now KING of the internet! :mrgreen:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The Dude said:
GreeneCounty said:
empty-pockets.jpg

Could get TO for that and mebbe that's a weapon fe Bradford hahahahahahaha

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I may be in the minority, but I actually think they did pretty damn good. Cash aside (which is the main thing as pointed out already) they convinced 2 top tier players to come here in 2 areas the desperately needed. One is a LT too.

A55VA6

Legend
I thought we did good but I would have liked a safety or something. But I like our pick ups.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
GreeneCounty said:

Well do tell,,, who is it that you would have preferred ?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
If we resign Q. Mikell we will have hit a homerun in free agency, imo.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I thought for a team building talent through the draft and not much cap space we did pretty steller. Picked up 2 big names and stuck to the plan

Give it 3 years and San Fran and Seattle will be cap sore and old

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Rabid Ram said:
I thought for a team building talent through the draft and not much cap space we did pretty steller. Picked up 2 big names and stuck to the plan

Give it 3 years and San Fran and Seattle will be cap sore and old

√on what RR said . I might further add WE will also run the NFCW for the next 3 years too. :ww:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think "making a splash" in FA is overrated, but isn't Jake Long considered a "splash"? Plus Jared Cook, William Hayes, and Darian Stewart it's amazing they got these guys w/ the cap space they got.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Safety concerns me but resigning Mikael would be huge in my eyes. Can we get a loan?

fearsomefour

Legend
I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a safety today....

I was really surprised they got Long to St. Louis. Cook could be a great, not good, a great signing. Keeping Hayes was big. I also like keeping Stewart and Cudjo. Keeping Williams as Oline depth was a surprising choice to me.
With money that a player like Bushrod got from the Bears the Long deal looks better....Long at 80% is better than Bushrod has ever been. If the Rams didnt drop the coin they did on Long and Cook the other options would have been to pick up a few more bodies....a guy like Bushrod at T, Desmond Bryant, Schwartz at G and a low level S would have eaten up about the same amount of money if not more. They went for quality over quanity. If Long can return to form it was a masterful move shoring up both T spots with one signing. Hopefully Cook can fulfill his athletic promise and be an Antonio Gates and not a Troy Drayton.
It sucks to lose Amendola and Jackson, but, Amendolas numbers are very replaceable (due to injury) and Jackson (love him) is a RB with a ton of miles. I would give the administration a solid B+ to this point in the offseason.

wolfman84

Rookie
I think people are forgetting Chris Long and Lauranitis. Had they not been resigned they both would have hit the open market. A lot of our coin went to these two. In my eyes we got Chris Long, Jake Long, JL, Cook, Hayes, Stewart, plus a few others. I think a couple of vet min contracts will be added following the draft, along with some restructures and another possible cut.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Username said:
I may be in the minority, but I actually think they did pretty damn good. Cash aside (which is the main thing as pointed out already) they convinced 2 top tier players to come here in 2 areas the desperately needed. One is a LT too.

I'm right there with you.

Cook and Long are A+ players. We landed quality.

I'm a little worried about our depth and lack of pickups at some positions; but this team has a plan.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Username said:

Your not man. Getting Cook and Long and resigning key guys IMO was as good as we could hope for given the money we had. Of course, they still have some magic to pull to free up space for the draft class.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Concerned on the rb position. Surely we are not going put all the faith in THE BACKS rAMS HAVE NOW?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
GreeneCounty said:
Concerned on the rb position. Surely we are not going put all the faith in THE BACKS RAMS HAVE NOW?
I don't see why not.

I think Pead/Richardson can be very effective. The unknown variable would be Gannaway.

nighttrain

Legend
The Dude said:
GreeneCounty said:
Concerned on the rb position. Surely we are not going put all the faith in THE BACKS RAMS HAVE NOW?
I don't see why not.

I think Pead/Richardson can be very effective. The unknown variable would be Gannaway.
Ganaway looks like a very good runner from tapes i've seen, better than i'd hoped
train