Listening To Gil Brandt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

on my way home from work and he said his top rated player for this draft is Manziel.

Take it for what its worth.

PS. He said he has Clowney as his # 2

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
on my way home from work and he said his top rated player for this draft is Manziel.

Take it for what its worth.

PS. He said he has Clowney as his # 2
I can see that.

I really don't like Bridgewater. I'd rather have Manziel, but he's so darn tiny.

Alan

Legend
Wow! Brings everything else he said or will say into question in my mind.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And to think I liked his evaluation of Bradford???? Manziel really? I think he is ok for the college game but I just don't see him winning with a bad team in the NFL. He might need all of the escapability to survive for 5 years.

Alan

Legend
max liking the little guy:
I really don't like Bridgewater. I'd rather have Manziel, but he's so darn tiny.
I'm not in love with Bridgewater either but I'd take him over Manziel.

tonyl711

Starter
hopefully a lot of teams agree with him, if he goes first we should have no problem trading down. you would have Bridgewater and Clowney for teams to bid over, that could get us a first and second this year and a first next year IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you're not in love with Bridgewater, you should be. Easily the best QB in this class. If you don't buy my analysis, here are some stats:
Bdo1zFpCYAEYZ6B.png

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/2014s-quarterback-conundrum

And in the games I charted, Bridgewater was pressured or sacked on 40.1% of his dropbacks. So this wasn't some guy who had an amazing OL and just sat in the pocket all day picking apart defenses. Guy was on an offense that wasn't special in terms of talent. Does not get the hype he deserves. He's another Aaron Rodgers.

tonyl711

Starter
damn Jerry be quite let the fools think Johnny football is better, if Bridgewater is there at #2 we will win the lottery again IMO. gotta start talking Johnny Football up, lol

Alan

Legend
jrry32 thinking best of class:
If you're not in love with Bridgewater, you should be. Easily the best QB in this class. If you don't buy my analysis

I'd value your opinion about him jrry. I also happen to agree with what you say here. Problem is, you're thinking best of class and I'm thinking best of breed. I'm not really in love with any QB in this class. Second year in a row for me. I think it's better than last years but not by much.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If you're not in love with Bridgewater, you should be. Easily the best QB in this class. If you don't buy my analysis, here are some stats:
Bdo1zFpCYAEYZ6B.png

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/45952/349/2014s-quarterback-conundrum

And in the games I charted, Bridgewater was pressured or sacked on 40.1% of his dropbacks. So this wasn't some guy who had an amazing OL and just sat in the pocket all day picking apart defenses. Guy was on an offense that wasn't special in terms of talent. Does not get the hype he deserves. He's another Aaron Rodgers.

He has the shoulders of a ballerina.

And I've seen enough highlight clips of the guys coming out this year to know the smart move is to stick with Bradford for at least this coming season.

But I'm glad the hype machine is pumping sunshine, I want that to escalate all the way up to draft day.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has the shoulders of a ballerina.

And I've seen enough highlight clips of the guys coming out this year to know the smart move is to stick with Bradford for at least this coming season.

But I'm glad the hype machine is pumping sunshine, I want that to escalate all the way up to draft day.

I don't care if he has the shoulders of female Chinese gymnast, the guy has everything you look for in a top tier QB. Arm talent, technique, mental acuity, work ethic...he's seriously underrated.

I'd value your opinion about him jrry. I also happen to agree with what you say here. Problem is, you're thinking best of class and I'm thinking best of breed. I'm not really in love with any QB in this class. Second year in a row for me. I think it's better than last years but not by much.

I'm thinking of best in breed. Guy is just as talented as Luck was coming out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
"Could that be? Why I think that man has two left feet!"

Gil Brandt fell off of his rocker about 6 years ago. He can no longer be taken seriously. He should retire.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Gil Brandt fell off of his rocker about 6 years ago. He can no longer be taken seriously. He should retire.

Sorry you feel that way,IMO he still sees more people in person than 95% of the other so called experts.

If I'm taking a QB this year Bortles has the only NFL body of the top three,and face it that's where any of them is gonna have to play

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

The guy is still a walking encyclopedia. The facts, scores, and dates he comes up with are truly amazing sometimes.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah one of the venerable greats of the game ,I enjoy listening to him

RFIP

I love Gil but I am not a fan of any QB in this class. If I HAD TO bet the mortgage on one I "gues" it would be TB but I'd never draft him, color me not a fan of his game.

Manzeil is a loud mouth, tiny, weak armed punk. No way no how.

And Bortles is a one year wonder. Buyer beware.