List the beers in your fridge.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Most of my company likes the common stuff, frequently Natty......though it's been so hot lately I've used all the Nattys as slushies.
Rough. I'll drink a PBR when it's super hot.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
When I had my brewery, I had probably 1000 gallons of various styles and brands. Now my fridge is small and limited.

As to the aging question. Alcohol and hops are big influences on not only how long you can age but where the benefits come in.

I have been brewing since 1982. I have had Highly hopped strong reds that were outstanding after being cellared properly for 21 years (forgot they existed). It was extremely smooth and the hops had developed a rich texture on the tongue. I made the mistake of not cleaning the top of the bottle before pouring the first one and it had a bit of a tinny taste to it. Also, one was flat out undrinkable.

I have a dozen or so bottles of a licorice barley wine that I have been aging not so properly for 12 years now yet every time I open one, it has developed more interesting notes. I think it will be best at about 15 years.

My Serrano and Thai chili golden ale Stinging Snout was great after three years. But most light beers don't age well at all.

Love beer and how simple it really is yet how many flavors you can create.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
If this were a real Trillium beer, I'd totally send you some... but it's just a Photoshop :(

C4FpBZNVMAABQdd.jpg

Dude. That's gonna get me drinking Liptons...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Guinness and Smithwicks, only beer needed.
Not a fan of Smithwicks. It has kind of a rusted tin flavor to me. Love me some Watney's Red Barrel on tap though. And Guinness I can drink in any weather at any time. I crafted our nitro stout after Guinness and I came pretty damn close.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Not a fan of Smithwicks. It has kind of a rusted tin flavor to me. Love me some Watney's Red Barrel on tap though. And Guinness I can drink in any weather at any time. I crafted our nitro stout after Guinness and I came pretty damn close.

Smithwicks isn't nearly as good in the states as it is in Ireland. I think it has a lot to do with being in a bottle vs on tap, but it could just be a freshness thing or something. I mostly stick to Guinness here, and Smithwicks when I go back home.

bnw

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Diet beer unfortunately....

Ultra and Heineken Light at the moment

Love the Pilsner Urquell when I can afford the extra calories

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
southern-tier-2x-ipa.jpg

I'm really liking these IPA's (the higher the IBU, the better).

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Doing a tasting tomorrow evening with some friends in order to collect some yeast and repitch it for a homebrew I want to make (not pictured consecration clone).
Screenshot_2017-08-24-19-23-20.png

I guess on Saturday you can call it what was in my fridge.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Smithwicks isn't nearly as good in the states as it is in Ireland. I think it has a lot to do with being in a bottle vs on tap, but it could just be a freshness thing or something. I mostly stick to Guinness here, and Smithwicks when I go back home.

I know squat about beer, but I had a Tsing Tao beer in China and it was GOOD. I was eager to try it again in the states and it was just gawd awful.

I don't think most beers travel well, at least outside of the keg. At all.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I know squat about beer, but I had a Tsing Tao beer in China and it was GOOD. I was eager to try it again in the states and it was just gawd awful.

I don't think most beers travel well, at least outside of the keg. At all.
Believe you're correct. Tsing tao has a green bottle right? Probably was skunky as green does not deter light very well. This is common with Corona (clear), TT, fantome, du Pont and Heineken. Even in brown bottles, sometimes beer does not travel well. I've had inconsistent Chimay Whites and Orval.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just bought some Bud Light, but the star of the drinking weekend is small batch "Bullet Rye." I love me some rye whiskey.