Lions bench Greg Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I got you....

I do disagree that either was like a reach due to "rawness".....Brockers was a beast on tape...He's not a sacker...but a LOS disrupter....

Ogletree was one of the hardest hitting ILB's that I watched in college that year. Very physical player...I was surprised he was a former safety....
which brings me too..
John Johnson has me hoping he can turn it around...He's pretty damn good in coverage...but terrible impact type player...reminds me of Cody Davis.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I got you....

I do disagree that either was like a reach due to "rawness".....Brockers was a beast on tape...He's not a sacker...but a LOS disrupter....

Ogletree was one of the hardest hitting ILB's that I watched in college that year. Very physical player...I was surprised he was a former safety....
which brings me too..
John Johnson has me hoping he can turn it around...He's pretty damn good in coverage...but terrible impact type player...reminds me of Cody Davis.

I like JJ3, actually. He's not the fastest player, but his instincts are what make him a good starter. I feel that he has a big impact on the game, and when Joyner comes back, JJ3 can settle in at strong safety.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
This Lions benched Robinson??

If the Lions want to put GRob in the best possible position to succeed, they should make him the actual bench. ;)(y):fuelfire:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Just another whiff by Fisher among many whiffs. Quick has one catch through 5 games so far. Another high pick whiffed there too.

In the last 4-5 years they have drafted and been as successful according to NFL norms, so it's not like it was the nightmare we saw before then.

Well...we did get a sixth round pick for Robinson, right? Imagine getting another Tanzel Smart or Legatron with that pick.

WTF are we going to do with two kickers though? ;)

Sad because I really liked the pick when it happened.

I don't watch college ball so had no opinion but it was not all that unpopular and most expersd said the Rams had the left side of the OL locked down for a decade.

Shit happens.

Brockers was a beast on tape...He's not a sacker...but a LOS disrupter....

Ogletree was one of the hardest hitting ILB's that I watched in college that year. Very physical player.

Again, I watch no college ball. But when the Rams do pick a player I look at highlights and this is what stood out with Brockers..........he was unmovable.

With Ogletree it was "where did he come from, how did he get over there?" his speed and tackling stood out, big time stood out.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
Shocking...?

4dc6aa1bcef9c7a431429231f74e9d0e.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I got you....

which brings me too..
Sorry but totally disagree about JJ. In two games he's been great in run support, as a rookie with so little experience he's been better at SS than anybody we've seen in a while. TJ did ok sometimes but was inconsistent.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Sorry but totally disagree about JJ. In two games he's been great in run support, as a rookie with so little experience he's been better at SS than anybody we've seen in a while.
No reason to be sorry....I totally get it....his instincts at the FREE SAFETY position are unique....Better than what we've had there...if he's playing SS....I think he's out of position...He'll be in position to make big plays...huge hits and tackles...then wiffs. I just saw a couple plays...where he just misses tackles. I think he intentionally didn't run in an hit Fournette on that TD run...
Which goes with my premise...DB's are coverage guys....but they MUST tackle...they are often the last line of defense. If we have a safety that can't tackle...it makes us weak up the middle. The worst place to be soft.