Lillibridge: Preseason Game “Critical” for Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
101ESPN’s Marc Lillibridge on why an upcoming preseason game is especially important to Rams QB Sam Bradford. It’s his next step into getting back to being 100% and the first time he’s faced another team in 10 months. Will he show a connection with Britt and/or Quick?

Listen to Lillibridge Talk Bradford

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Critical that he doesn't have a set back. That's any player coming off an injury.

jjab360

Legend
Lol the only thing critical about this game is that he doesn't get injured.

The only players these games actually matter for are the fringe roster players.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
It took Brady and Palmer some time to get over an ACL injury. It's critical that he feels comfortable with his limited snaps so he can gain some confidence going into the season.

RamsFan14

Starter
You would think beefing up your upper body would be helpful for the long haul, which was pretty smart of the Rams to have him do while injured... Hopefully he's tougher to bring down in the pocket and hopefully he can absorb hits better. Of course... Avoiding the fluke injuries are important, but really there's nothing you can do about those... They're flukes! Man what's going to happen with us if he gets injured... It's going to be a MESS! I pray this doesn't happen!!! Lol

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
You would think beefing up your upper body would be helpful for the long haul, which was pretty smart of the Rams to have him do while injured... Hopefully he's tougher to bring down in the pocket and hopefully he can absorb hits better. Of course... Avoiding the fluke injuries are important, but really there's nothing you can do about those... They're flukes! Man what's going to happen with us if he gets injured... It's going to be a MESS! I pray this doesn't happen!!! Lol

We will rally around Shawn Hill and we will play good football! :cry:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Usually it seems to take QBs a full season to get properly comfortable with their rebuilt knee. Brady and Palmer being two good comparisons. Main hope for this one and all season really is for him to stay healthy. That's going to be important to the Rams and for Bradford going into a contract year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Usually it seems to take QBs a full season to get properly comfortable with their rebuilt knee. Brady and Palmer being two good comparisons. Main hope for this one and all season really is for him to stay healthy. That's going to be important to the Rams and for Bradford going into a contract year.

Someone reported that Bradford's surgery left a pretty big scar on his knee... I think it was Peter King... However (at least as far as the on field injury looked) I would have guessed Bradford's knee injury to be less severe than theirs?

FRO

Legend
It took Brady and Palmer some time to get over an ACL injury. It's critical that he feels comfortable with his limited snaps so he can gain some confidence going into the season.
While it may take Bradford a bit to regain form, the medical technology has advanced so much since their injuries.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
While it may take Bradford a bit to regain form, the medical technology has advanced so much since their injuries.

image.jpg

Last edited:

moklerman

Warner-phile
That's assuming all knee injuries are the same. Palmer's injury was downright devastating and Brady's was much worse than Bradford's too. Since we're talking about the QB's mental ability to get back to form, I think it's also important to note that Bradford was the only one of the three who wasn't injured on his plant leg while in the process of throwing. I don't think he's going to be gun shy at all.

Rambition

Rookie
"critical"? the second preseason game, and first in which he'll even take a blessed snap? and in which he'll probably play one quarter at most? against all odds, the hyperbole thrown around by writers, analysts, etc., when talking about bradford only becomes more frenzied with each passing week.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Lol the only thing critical about this game is that he doesn't get injured.

The only players these games actually matter for are the fringe roster players.
I have to disagree. They are still installing the offense and its important to get some live fire to really get a feel for the system. And Williams is still learning which players are best at what so he can install his crazy defensive schemes. And Bradford still needs to get some rhythm going with the receivers and even take a few hits before the opener. maybe not as much this one but the rest

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I have to disagree. They are still installing the offense and its important to get some live fire to really get a feel for the system. And Williams is still learning which players are best at what so he can install his crazy defensive schemes. And Bradford still needs to get some rhythm going with the receivers and even take a few hits before the opener. maybe not as much this one but the rest

I agree with you, Sammy needs to get some live rhythm. I want him to go into week 1 hot, not rusty.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
That's assuming all knee injuries are the same. Palmer's injury was downright devastating and Brady's was much worse than Bradford's too. Since we're talking about the QB's mental ability to get back to form, I think it's also important to note that Bradford was the only one of the three who wasn't injured on his plant leg while in the process of throwing. I don't think he's going to be gun shy at all.

Excellent point!