Licking my wounds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
So I wanted Wentz. I hope I was wrong but he fit the profile for me (and I believe Fisher). The primary attribute Fisher instilled in this team was physical and mental toughness and I still believe Wentz has that in spades.

I'm not saying Goff isn't tough or smart. He lifted the Bears through hard times. He never missed a snap to injury though he was pummeled repeatedly. I just think Wentz is the second coming of Rothlisberger.

But this team will rally around Jared Goff, and they will play good football...

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Wentz was my preference, too, leoram.

But our FO has forgotten more about football than I will ever know, so I'm gonna trust them on this pick.

Besides, their track record on 1st rounders has been pretty damned good.

We're ALL Goff fans now.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sorry for your disappointment, but is every Wentz guy going to start one of these threads????

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Who is Wentz? Isn't he Brad Samfords back up?
; )

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I didn't want to trade up at all.
Then once it happened, I wanted Wentz.
Hey, shit happens.

Let's get it Jared!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I was a Wentz guy when the trade first happened. But after watching film on both I turned into a Goff guy. I really like the things he does in the pocket. He's a playmaker.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was for Wentz too, but as close to on the fence as possible while still having a preference.

Don't be disappointed. We still got us a helluva QB tonight, one that is tough, smart, good under pressure (plenty of practice at Cal!) hardworking, and very accurate with his passes.

Still totally stoked with the pick even if it wasn't my guy.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was badly hoping for Wentz too, as I also saw Roethlisberger in him, but it's time to welcome the new guy as one of ours! Jared Goff welcome to the team! You are now a Los Angeles Ram! Make us all proud!

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
No offense but how do people see Big Ben in Wentz? All the highlights I see the kid is under absolutely no pressure. Goff is the one escaping all the defenders and making a great throw.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No offense but how do people see Big Ben in Wentz? All the highlights I see the kid is under absolutely no pressure. Goff is the one escaping all the defenders and making a great throw.

Bluesy, I was talking about his size and arm. The fact he can run if he needs to is just another upside. All that us moot now. Go Jared Goff!

…..

Legend
I wanted us to trade down and stockpile more picks for defensive backs, wide receivers and maybe a center or a tight end.

Isnt that how we got to this point?

Our stockpiling talent didnt always land us a blue chipper, but it got us to this point .... which is a team needing a Franchise QB

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Bluesy, I was talking about his size and arm. The fact he can run if he needs to is just another upside. All that us moot now. Go Jared Goff!

I gotcha man, I was the same way at first, but Goff's quick release, accuracy, footwork, and ability to throw under pressure sold me. I went from team Wentz to team Goff. All the traits Goff has I feel are more important in the NFL.

Also just cause this is on my mind, think about the top QB's, not many are "physical specimens" as you'd say about Wentz. I'll give you Roethlisberger and Newton (although only 2015 IMO) and maybe Luck, but you have Rodgers, Brady, Wilson (even as a Rams fan I have to admit he's pretty good), Peyton, Palmer, Brees, etc. I get the reason people get excited over the potential of guys like Wentz, but what Goff has isn't stuff you just learn over the course of a season, let alone two or three seasons.

Let's go RAMS