Lewan ahead of Matthews on Rams board? Kiper seems to think so.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

scifiman

They are pushing Lewan for picking him at #13 not #2. He may fall that far and if another team likes him more would trade up to us for him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What the eff is a top five on the Huddle Report? Can someone really equate that? How accurate has he really been? Not very from what I read.

Oh - and Mel doesn't have Lewan going to the Rams in any of the mocks I've seen. Just keep in mind, the article doesn't say he's spoken with the Rams. He has the Rams taking Robinson in his mocks. From what I see, he in no way even suggests the Rams are likely - in his mind - to take Lewan at #2.

Alan

Legend
That's gonna hurt.

But he'd be a martyr for the cause of good drafting so...might be worth it. I've seen his picture and he's young. How long could he get for a first time offense? I've got his abck on this one. Metaphorically speaking I mean.

Plus, like I said, he'll have his TV when he gets out so there's that.
upload_2014-4-28_23-42-44.jpeg
The one in the back corner without a shirt on was the other Ramm fan. Before the incident I mean.

jap

Legend
I am petrified that we are going to royally screw up this draft based on all the garbage coming from the media. Learning that we have interest in Taylor Lewan AND Martavis Bryant in the same day? No bueno.

If anything, I believe someone at Rams Park is having fun with the media reporters in their frenzy for scoops. :sneaky::ROFLMAO:

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Some of you guys are crazy or have just judged him on his accusations. The guy plays angry (who thinks this is a liability with fisher???), he has good footwork, good tape, I know he can play guard as well as both tackle spots. Doubters will see. Jerry, put the tape back on and ignore your prejudice of him of which he's not guilty until found so. He's a great player. Period

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Me either. I'm not a scout, but even I can see the big difference between the top two and Lewan.

It ain't happening.
There is not a big difference. That I guarantee. We usually see eye to eye but this can easily happen. He's a fisher type of player.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's gonna hurt.

But he'd be a martyr for the cause of good drafting so...might be worth it. I've seen his picture and he's young. How long could he get for a first time offense? I've got his abck on this one. Metaphorically speaking I mean.

View attachment 1725 The one in the back corner without a shirt on was the other Ramm fan. Before the incident I mean.
WTF? You on drugs son?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of you guys are crazy or have just judged him on his accusations. The guy plays angry (who thinks this is a liability with fisher???), he has good footwork, good tape, I know he can play guard as well as both tackle spots. Doubters will see. Jerry, put the tape back on and ignore your prejudice of him of which he's not guilty until found so. He's a great player. Period

I put the tape without prejudice. He's vastly overrated. And I'd be happy to show why.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I put the tape without prejudice. He's vastly overrated. And I'd be happy to show why.
Yeah - though I don't watch near as much tape as you Jrry. I saw him get beat like a drum in a couple game tapes. He didn't impress me. I don't like his off field antics and think he is a POS but the reality is that he would be far from the first to have that mark against him. I gotta say though - you'd be burying your head in the sand to think the off-field stuff doesn't matter if actually true.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like Z.Martin over Lewan because of his versatility..Then there's the character issue with Lewan.

Its possible that Lewan matures eventually, i suppose.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Come on guys think, this filth is coming from Kiper and he makes money on coming out with bold, off the wall predictions ( see Jimmy Clausen). Kiper, just like Bernie, has no clue about what the Rams brass are thinking.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Not at 2. Maybe they want a lay maker at 2 like Watkins or Mack and figure Lewan will be a good alternative to still get their OT. But no way do they pick him at 2.

If they draft Lewan then I think Jake Long is a Ram for the long haul.

The thing that makes me not believe the rumor is that Lewan or Long do not translate to Guard. So then they have to sit an OT this year. Fisher likes versatility.

The one thing that could go in Lewans favor of being chosen top 5 is NFL egos think they can coach better technique to everyone, even though it isn't always true.
Very true. If it were up to me I would take Matthews at 2, I have been paid exactly $0 for my scouting advice, so it's worth what its worth.
There are other T options that would available, potentially, later in round 1. Lewan, Martin ect.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Don't believe in Mel, at all. Clausen sets his record straight... He is a great reporter and info monger

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 thinking Mel is inconsistent:
Oh - and Mel doesn't have Lewan going to the Rams in any of the mocks I've seen. Just keep in mind, the article doesn't say he's spoken with the Rams. He has the Rams taking Robinson in his mocks. From what I see, he in no way even suggests the Rams are likely - in his mind - to take Lewan at #2.
His mocks don't allow trades. I think he's being consistent. He's just saying that he thinks the Rams like Lewan better than Matthews (not Robinson) if they trade down. I hope they don't agree with him but who knows?

RamFan503 still suffering from spatial distortion due to his trip:
WTF? You on drugs son?
Son? :ROFLMAO:

That post was in response to V3 thinking Chris will go to jail for shaving Les's head. But to answer your question, yes, yes I am. :LOL: Youngster. :p
images

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No worries for me, it's Matthews and I truly believe they have Matthews rated above Robinson, however, Lewan is one heck of an OT IMO and will make a very good Raider.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
That's gonna hurt.

View attachment 1725 The one in the back corner without a shirt on was the other Ramm fan. Before the incident I mean.

I'm prepared to take one for the team. :sneaky:

Alan

Legend
ChrisW showing why we all love him:
I'm prepared to take one for the team. :sneaky:
You're the man Chris! :bow: :notworthy: :love:
V3 will write you every week and I'll send you cigarettes. I've heard that cigarettes are better than money in the big house.
images
upload_2014-4-29_11-51-58.jpeg