Leverage revisited

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I guess I don't understand why leverage is a penalty to begin with. I see no player safety issue because of something like that, only another angle for the refs to involve themselves in the outcome. No one pays to see the zebras.

I do think penalties are subjective and far too often get called by what the ref thought might have happened instead of what they actually saw. And then there is the question of calling holding on every play because if you watch you can see someone doing something that looks a lot like holding every play.

The best thing to me is to play so well that couple of blown calls isn't going to have an affect on the outcome. GSOT did it all the time.

No way in hell this team should give up that many points in a game, I'm more disappointed in the defensive game plan and play than the refs.

I agree. many teams fans seems to cite the officiating as the main reason for a loss...That's GENERALLY not true, IMO...I can't figure out why so much attention to the leverage call...It's history and isn't the reason the Rams lost on Sunday..Officials make mistakes and blow calls...It's part of the flawed system of almost anything that depends on the subjective decisions of humans ....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree. many teams fans seems to cite the officiating as the main reason for a loss...That's GENERALLY not true, IMO...I can't figure out why so much attention to the leverage call...It's history and isn't the reason the Rams lost on Sunday..Officials make mistakes and blow calls...It's part of the flawed system of almost anything that depends on the subjective decisions of humans ....
Because it was an egregiously bad call that played a part in our loss.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The leverage call allowed Philly to burn off anther minute and half before kicking the field goal. That extra time could have been the difference in allowing the Rams to get into field goal range or score the game winning TD instead of having 2 second left on the clock at the end.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The leverage call was pure BS. First of all they got the wrong guy. Second, Donald merely dove to keep the lineman from taking out his knees

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The leverage call allowed Philly to burn off anther minute and half before kicking the field goal. That extra time could have been the difference in allowing the Rams to get into field goal range or score the game winning TD instead of having 2 second left on the clock at the end.
Allowing Foles to complete a 9 yard pass on 3rd and 8 is why the Rams only had 2 seconds left. That call may have been bogus, but was inconsequential to the result. Especially considering that Philly had made the 54 yard FG

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Play before the Goff strip/sack was a questionable PI call that gave the Rams a 1st down. If Rams dont catch that break, they punt the ball and still have the lead....

Yeah, and who knows. Defense wasn't exactly playing lights out then, either.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
That one guy is the back up in his first snap of the game. Asking him to give Goff enough time to make a deep pass against a seasoned veteran like Long was not the right call. Maybe a few snaps down the line when he gets a feel for defending Long, but Goffs first read should have been tavon for a few yards.

It wasn't his first snap of the game, he came in for Whit on a few plays earlier.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Allowing Foles to complete a 9 yard pass on 3rd and 8 is why the Rams only had 2 seconds left. That call may have been bogus, but was inconsequential to the result. Especially considering that Philly had made the 54 yard FG
Disagree, they burned about a minute and a half between field goals, we got the ball back with 1 second on the last drive, It would have played out differently, to some degree, that is not even debatable.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree, they burned about a minute and a half between field goals, we got the ball back with 1 second on the last drive, It would have played out differently, to some degree, that is not even debatable.
Rams had the ball with almost 4 minutes and 3 time outs. Went 3 and out. Then allowed Foles to convert 3rd and 8 at the 2 minute mark. THAT is why the Rams only had 1 second left

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

To me it is PI because he held the jersey and on another angle you could clearly see him tugging on it.

No. Ball was under thrown and technically uncatchable by the receiver since the CB was in excellent position to defend. The position was not gained by PI.

Honestly 1/4 they call that. We got unlucky.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
The leverage call was pure BS. First of all they got the wrong guy. Second, Donald merely dove to keep the lineman from taking out his knees
I blame Bruce Arians!
He cried about it after last week, even though it didn't happen.
It's the only way for him to beat the Rams!