Le'Veon Bell???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
The Dude said:
Faceplant said:
Who gives a freak about the #s. This kid just looks like a baller to me. He runs with purpose....
That's all that matters, really. Lots of players are overlooked during the draft, only to turn out to be straight up ballers. I don't think I need to enumerate the examples of that. We're all aware of the 6th rounders, 7th rounders, and UDFAs who ended up being pimps in this league.

Agreed. I imagine you could put together a pretty good team made up of players overlooked in the draft!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rabid Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:
The concern with Bell is if he has enough quickness to hit the hole in the NFL. The Big Ten has produced a lot of Ron Dayne-types who are big backs but not fast enough to play at the next level. Bell needs to prove that he has enough speed. imho bell will transition to a fb style role in the nfl

Cannot disagree more. Bell is basically a SLIGHTLY(and I mean by a very small margin) less athletic version of (young) Steven Jackson. Same running style, similar size and both are extremely versatile.

maybe he does have same style and size but as many experts and talking heads all agree he lacks true NFL speed.

The "experts" can agree on what they want to. These are probably the same people who said Arian Foster lacks NFL speed. That guy(Bell) who lacks "true" NFL speed ran a 4.52 40.

So he had a decent 40 time at the combine. The combine is only one bit of the whole picture.

The combine only reflects what is there on film in this case. Bell had no issues getting the corner in college. It will be harder in the NFL because everyone else is faster but he's not a guy lacking so much in speed that he can't hit the hole. He has very similar speed to Steven coming out.

And as X pointed out with that report, a lot of similar negatives including struggles finding the cutback lane and the tendency to run into his own blockers at times. That said, that was partially because his OL was pretty bad at opening up holes consistently.

F. Mulder

Starter
Just talking more generally about RBs, despite the praise Fisher is giving Pead and Richardson (and even Ganaway) I think they will pick a RB in the draft. However, I am not in favor of a RB early. I think for the most part they are bunched up. If want a power type back there are several that seem pretty equal in the mid-rounds. I can't imagine them going with a light/Change of Pace type back with them already having Pead and Richardson, but if they do, again there seem to be several choices that will be there in the middle of the draft.

I guess if they love someone like Lacy and can get him where they think he is worth so be it but to me there is a pretty closely bunched group overall.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
F. Mulder said:
Just talking more generally about RBs, despite the praise Fisher is giving Pead and Richardson (and even Ganaway) I think they will pick a RB in the draft. However, I am not in favor of a RB early. I think for the most part they are bunched up. If want a power type back there are several that seem pretty equal in the mid-rounds. I can't imagine them going with a light/Change of Pace type back with them already having Pead and Richardson, but if they do, again there seem to be several choices that will be there in the middle of the draft.

I guess if they love someone like Lacy and can get him where they think he is worth so be it but to me there is a pretty closely bunched group overall.

I concur if Lacy drops to the 2nd round fine otherwise I'm thinking someone like Stefphon Jefferson RB Nevada...He's bigger than Pead & Richardson at 5-11 215lbs and runs hard between the tackles...This years Alfred Morris...Go with Jefferson with the 5th pick and he even has a running backs name. :ww:

Jefferson has fresh legs after serving as a backup in 2011 and 2010. He is high-character individual who will be a good teammate and locker-room presence.

<a class="postlink" href="http://walterfootball.com/draft2013RB.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://walterfootball.com/draft2013RB.php</a>