Le'Veon Bell???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
With SJax officially off the roster, I can see the Rams drafting a RB somewhere in rounds 3-7...if not earlier. I have seen quite a bit of this Bell, kid, and the more I see...the more I like him. I doubt he will slip to the 3rd, but if he does, the Rams would be stupid not to take him. Maybe even consider him in the 2nd...IF he slip that far. I am watching a segment with him on NFLN right now and he compares his style to that of SJax among others. I can see that. Now, I know we have 3 young backs that we think can handle the job, but this kid may end up being special. Thoughts?

This dude has an AMAZING stiff arm!! Also, check out the wood he drops on dude at 1:02...in fact, he trucks fools throughout pretty much the entire clip...unles he is jumping OVER them that is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r74G2Mm2xQ[/youtube]s d

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000146225/article/leveon-bell-emerging-as-best-running-back-in-2013-nfl-dra" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10000 ... 13-nfl-dra</a>

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2013/02/todd_mcshay_former_michigan_st.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf ... an_st.html</a>

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really?? Am I the only one that loves this kid?? Very well..... I am taking my highlight vid and going home.

A55VA6

Legend
I just feel like the Rams don't need a RB. We drafted 2 last year and have expectations for them.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
A55VA6 said:
I just feel like the Rams don't need a RB. We drafted 2 last year and have expectations for them.

Totally valid point, and I agree. Something about this guy just seems intriguing to me though. Haven't seen enough of Pead or Ganaway I guess....

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
yeah I like him too. .

Not sold on Ganaway at all. So I think they will bring another RB I think.

Just a guess. but if Lattimore is is there in 4th Fisher might pull the trigger on that one provided he got what he needed earlier. Maybe even 3rd.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really like Bell and right now he's being talked about as a 4th, I'd happily take him there.

A55VA6

Legend
I wouldn't mind grabbing one in the 4th-5th round I suppose. Creates healthy competition in camp/preseason as well.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Who picks the music for these highlight reels? I grew up listening to Motown, and all the songs were about Love, a far cry from the stuff being piped into kids ears now.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I've never seen someone who reminds me more of Herschel Walker. I don't know if that is good or bad, because he didn't quite produce like him. Well, his last year was barely comparable.

He looks like a clone when I look at your highlight tape....weird, except Hersh ran in the 4.3's and Bell in the 4.6's. I don't know if that translates, but he appears to be a fast riser.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
He's seems alright, he just doesn't have the speed I think, to be a very effective back. At least when you watch highlights of Ganaway there are times when he's able to run away from defenders, you don't ever see that with Bell.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[nfl]0ap2000000151008[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000151008/Man-to-man" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap200 ... Man-to-man</a>

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
brokeu91 said:
He's seems alright, he just doesn't have the speed I think, to be a very effective back. At least when you watch highlights of Ganaway there are times when he's able to run away from defenders, you don't ever see that with Bell.

I respectfully disagree. SJax never had what I would call "breakaway" speed, yet he is the Rams all time leading rusher. Bell reminds me a lot of SJ in that he tends to run THROUGH defenders more than around them. Love the way he uses his body, and especially the stiff arm. I would be stunned if he makes it to the 4th round.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The concern with Bell is if he has enough quickness to hit the hole in the NFL. The Big Ten has produced a lot of Ron Dayne-types who are big backs but not fast enough to play at the next level. Bell needs to prove that he has enough speed. imho bell will transition to a fb style role in the nfl

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rabid Ram said:
The concern with Bell is if he has enough quickness to hit the hole in the NFL. The Big Ten has produced a lot of Ron Dayne-types who are big backs but not fast enough to play at the next level. Bell needs to prove that he has enough speed. imho bell will transition to a fb style role in the nfl

Cannot disagree more. Bell is basically a SLIGHTLY(and I mean by a very small margin) less athletic version of (young) Steven Jackson. Same running style, similar size and both are extremely versatile.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:

Cannot disagree more. Bell is basically a SLIGHTLY(and I mean by a very small margin) less athletic version of (young) Steven Jackson. Same running style, similar size and both are extremely versatile.

maybe he does have same style and size but as many experts and talking heads all agree he lacks true NFL speed.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rabid Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:

maybe he does have same style and size but as many experts and talking heads all agree he lacks true NFL speed.

The "experts" can agree on what they want to. These are probably the same people who said Arian Foster lacks NFL speed. That guy(Bell) who lacks "true" NFL speed ran a 4.52 40.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Rabid Ram said:

The "experts" can agree on what they want to. These are probably the same people who said Arian Foster lacks NFL speed. That guy(Bell) who lacks "true" NFL speed ran a 4.52 40.

So he had a decent 40 time at the combine. The combine is only one bit of the whole picture.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/leveon-bell?id=2540175" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2540175</a>

GRADE

[wrapimg=left]http://i.imgur.com/JxkRA1n.jpg[/wrapimg]OVERVIEW Bell wasn't highly coveted by major programs early in the recruiting process, being offered by hometown Ohio State and others as a safety and nearly going to the MAC to play running back before Michigan State stepped up with their scholarship. But his senior season flourish (1,333 yards, 21 touchdowns) got MSU on his scent, and they've been happy for it ever since.

His start as a true freshman was so good that he joined the Doak Walker Award watch list during the season; most of his 605 rushing yards and eight scores came in the first six weeks of the year, before Edwin Baker finished off the year as the lead back. Bell flipped the script on Baker in 2011, however, starting the last six games after coming off the bench over the first eight (182-948, 13 TD; 35-267 receiving). Big Ten coaches named him honorable mention all-conference for his efforts.

In his junior season, Bell had the backfield all to himself, and the Spartans certainly got the most out of him. Bell carried the football 382 times, en route to rushing for 1,793 yards and 12 touchdowns, earning himself numerous postseason accolades.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Big, bruising back with power in his lower body but lighter feet than you'd expect give his size. North-south runner effective in one and two-back sets. Strong cuts and a nice burst out of them makes him capable of breaking off big runs when the hole is available. Sets up defenders in the open field to cut away. Flashes some stop-start ability and shake in space that freezes oncoming defenders. Pushes piles with lower body strength. Can lower his pads for contact, churn through tackle attempts to become difficult to bring down due to second and third efforts. Wiggles and pushes through traffic inside to get the extra yard after it looks as though he's stopped. Possesses a spin move to come off tackles at the second level, maintains balance to keep on moving or at least fall forward for an extra couple of yards. Uses a strong stiff arm in space, as well. Agile enough to jump over defenders trying to cut him down in the open field. Used in Wildcat formation in the red zone. Decent receiver out of the backfield.

WEAKNESSES Taller back who presents a big target for defenders to hit, especially when failing to lower his pads going into the hole. Size also limits his breakaway speed and ability to create on his own if challenged by better front sevens.Sub par vision prevents him from seeing cut back lines and sees him running up the back of his lead blocker too often. Pass protection form is inconsistent, has size to handle rushers or at least push them around the pocket, but often moves his feet too slowly or tries to cut instead of setting to anchor. Holds the ball away from his body at times, though he doesn't fumble very often.

NFL COMPARISON LeGarrette Blount

BOTTOM LINE Bell has monster size, but also shows nimble feet. Can make people miss at any level of the field, but doesn't have very good vision. As the season progressed, Bell's lateral agility declined. Bell proved capable of handling a tremendous amount of touches. To become a full-time back though, Bell will need to continue to improve his ability as a pass catcher or become a more consistent blocker, in addition to improving his vision as a runner.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who gives a fuck about the #s. This kid just looks like a baller to me. He runs with purpose....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
Who gives a fuck about the #s. This kid just looks like a baller to me. He runs with purpose....
That's all that matters, really. Lots of players are overlooked during the draft, only to turn out to be straight up ballers. I don't think I need to enumerate the examples of that. We're all aware of the 6th rounders, 7th rounders, and UDFAs who ended up being pimps in this league.