Letter to the commissioner.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I watch a lot of college and NFL football and I can not understand why the officials in the NFL games seem to be twice as bad as the ones at the college level. They are destroying the integrity of the game and I will not be watching anymore NFL games until I hear that it has improved. Why are these people not held accountable, I know at my job if you do not perform your job responsibilities well they will replace you. These NFL officials are not worth the powder to blow them to hell.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
...maybe because officiating is a part time job/commitment.

Ellard80

Legend
I watch a lot of college and NFL football and I can not understand why the officials in the NFL games seem to be twice as bad as the ones at the college level. They are destroying the integrity of the game and I will not be watching anymore NFL games until I hear that it has improved. Why are these people not held accountable, I know at my job if you do not perform your job responsibilities well they will replace you. These NFL officials are not worth the powder to blow them to hell.

I thought they were pretty bad today... the PI call on Alexander was questionable.. then the same thing happens to Britt and no call.

Like most officials in most sports they are affected by the home field.

It's a proven statistic in baseball- im guessing it's the same in the NFL.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I watch a lot of college and NFL football and I can not understand why the officials in the NFL games seem to be twice as bad as the ones at the college level.
I've said this exact thing many times. Inexplicable how the NFL refs are worse than college. And I believe college refs are even more part time than NFL refs.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I've said this exact thing many times. Inexplicable how the NFL refs are worse than college. And I believe college refs are even more part time than NFL refs.
It's true. We had a friend growing up that was a referee for PAC-10 games. His son invited my brother to Stanford-Cal game in 1982. Who knew:
  1. The game would end with arguably the craziest play in college OR pro football history.
  2. Our friend, Jack Langley, along with the rest of the officiating crew seen in this video, would lose their jobs after this game. You see, the third lateral toward the top of the screen the players knee was down, but Jack and another close by official missed the call. This play, as crazy as it was, would never have been completed if his whistle rang out when the Cal players knee hit the ground. As it stands, it is legendary.
By the way, as the 34th anniversary of "the play" approaches, a couple notable factoids:
  • if you watch this video, watch the shock of the Stanford students holding the annual rivalry prize "the ax" after the play unfolds, and then toward the end of the video Cal students come over and take it. :LOL:
  • This crazy play actually ruined the heroics of a come-from-behind, last minute field goal, led by Senior Stanford quarterback.....John Elway, playing his final college game.
  • Among other interesting players and coaches on the field that day: Stanford offensive coordinator Jim Fassel, Cal: Head Coach Joe Kapp, quarterback Gale Gilbert- father of Rams 2014 6th round pick Garrett Gilbert, and defensive lineman Ron Rivera (Now coach of the Panthers)
  • One personal factoid- in my brother Mike's Forrest Gump file- he was on the field during this play with Jacks son John, and came away with a souvenir,- one of the famous Stanford band fishing hats. Mike had the hat for years, but lost it in a move. Was it the guy in the end zone that got knocked over at the end? He lost his hat. Mike isn't sure. He said there were a few hats on the field.
Enjoy the video:

View: https://youtu.be/roqj_Wh_k9Q

Last edited:

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
It's true. We had a friend growing up that was a referee for PAC-10 games. His son invited my brother to Stanford-Cal game in 1982. Who knew:
  1. The game would end with arguably the craziest play in college OR pro football history.
  2. Our friend, Jack Langley, along with the rest of the officiating crew seen in this video, would lose their jobs after this game. You see, the third lateral toward the top of the screen the players knee was down, but Jack and another close by official missed the call. This play, as crazy as it was, would never have been completed if his whistle rang out when the Cal players knee hit the ground. As it stands, it is legendary.
By the way, as the 34th anniversary of "the play" approaches, a couple notable factoids:
  • if you watch this video, watch the shock of the Stanford students holding the annual rivalry prize "the ax" after the play unfolds, and then toward the end of the video Cal students come over and take it. :LOL:
  • This crazy play actually ruined the heroics of a come-from-behind, last minute field goal, led by Senior Stanford quarterback.....John Elway, playing his final college game.
  • Among other interesting players and coaches on the field that day: Stanford offensive coordinator Jim Fassel, Cal: Head Coach Joe Kapp, quarterback Gale Gilbert- father of Rams 2014 6th round pick Garrett Gilbert, and defensive lineman Ron Rivera (Now coach of the Panthers)
  • One personal factoid- in my brother Mike's Forrest Gump file- he was on the field during this play with Jacks son John, and came away with a souvenir,- one of the famous Stanford band fishing hats. Mike had the hat for years, but lost it in a move. Was it the guy in the end zone that got knocked over at the end? He lost his hat. Mike isn't sure. He said there were a few hats on the field.
Enjoy the video:

View: https://youtu.be/roqj_Wh_k9Q

Great stuff. A lot of history I hadn't heard before. Looks like toward the ends that some Cal student makes a gesture at Elway, and Elway starts to go after him and a coach grabs him.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
This is the oddest god damn post I've ever seen. Who joins a forum just to say you are no longer going to follow the team/league that the entire forum follows? Lmfao.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
This is the oddest god damn post I've ever seen. Who joins a forum just to say you are no longer going to follow the team/league that the entire forum follows? Lmfao.
I'm guessing that would be someone who wants desperately to call attention to his point, but who doesn't really want to quit the game, the team or the forum, hence the disposable user name.