Lets try this again. How far can Watkins drop?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Whats the lowest Watkins will be selected on draft day?

• 2nd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4th

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 5th

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • 6th

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • 7th

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 8th

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 9th

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 10th

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Gets mistaken by a movie exec for Whoopi Goldberg and enters the acting world. Sister Act 3 bombs.

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OK, we need more out of the box thinkers here. Whoopi has fallen to third place. :(

I think now a days, Whoopi would take 3rd place in anything, thats like an Oscar for her lol

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yeah I'd be fine with Matthews. If the Rams were gonna go back to the spread attack I'd want Mathews. Being they wanna run the ball, unlike the beginning of last year, I prefer Robinson. Robinson having sky high upside is just the cherry on top for me.

I understand your argument, and I know he has huge upside, but I just worry if he will ever reach it. People worry who will protect Bradford if Long goes down again, well Robinson won't be able to, thats what I am worried about, not anytime soon at least. They might want to run the ball, but that doesn't mean they won't pass almost half the time aither. Matthews blew me away more in the positional skill drills than Robinson did showing off his amazing athleticism. But, like you, if they picked either, I would be fine with it, just differ on who I'd prefer if we go tackle early.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I understand your argument, and I know he has huge upside, but I just worry if he will ever reach it. People worry who will protect Bradford if Long goes down again, well Robinson won't be able to, thats what I am worried about, not anytime soon at least. They might want to run the ball, but that doesn't mean they won't pass almost half the time aither. Matthews blew me away more in the positional skill drills than Robinson did showing off his amazing athleticism. But, like you, if they picked either, I would be fine with it, just differ on who I'd prefer if we go tackle early.

No question Robinson will need some time to settle in and learn from C. Bo. That is the unsettling part about it. The real question is how Long does Long last? That's the wrench in the whole plan... :(

iced

Cleveland at #4 is the big question for me - Greg little hasn't panned out and I'm sure they want someone across from Gordon that's a similar playmaker to him (plus insurance should gordon mess up and get suspended)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
No question Robinson will need some time to settle in and learn from C. Bo. That is the unsettling part about it. The real question is how Long does Long last? That's the wrench in the whole plan... :(

I agree, that is a mighty big wrench. Would be a nice surprise if he started at the beginning of the season and played all 16 games without injury.

If Robinson had average pass protection skills I'd probably prefer him, since Coach B is amazing at coaching up players. Just worries me to much personally. Maybe it's because of the whole Jason Smith debacle, or maybe it's because of how much more refined and advanced Matthews is with his techniques.

They should just draft Robinson at #2 then move up from #13 and grab Matthews and then grab Gabe Jackson in the 2nd/3rd as well. Imagine how beastly that line would then.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Cleveland at #4 is the big question for me - Greg little hasn't panned out and I'm sure they want someone across from Gordon that's a similar playmaker to him (plus insurance should gordon mess up and get suspended)

I agree, I think they are a much bigger threat than the Raiders(who I don't think would draft Watkins if available at #5.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Idk when he'll drop but I really really hope we don't pick him.

Why not? Not debating you, just want to hear your argument. I am on the fence with Watkins.

iced

I agree, I think they are a much bigger threat than the Raiders(who I don't think would draft Watkins if available at #5.

i don't see the raiders as a threat either - they're going QB or Defense

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
i don't see the raiders as a threat either - they're going QB or Defense

I agree, I think they grab Manziel or Mack. Mack would be a stud for them, but Manziel would put asses in the seats and bring attention to them, and would also be a good QB for them IMO.

MFaulk107

The Realness
Why not? Not debating you, just want to hear your argument. I am on the fence with Watkins.
I personally believe the best way we come out of the draft is with focusing on O-line players and DB's, rather than a top-tier receivers.
I still think a current receiver we have will emerge as number 1.
Not that I have anything against Sammy,but if we picked him and not a T our line may still struggle. Then Sam couldn't get the ball to ANY receivers.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I personally believe the best way we come out of the draft is with focusing on O-line players and DB's, rather than a top-tier receivers.
I still think a current receiver we have will emerge as number 1.
Not that I have anything against Sammy,but if we picked him and not a T our line may still struggle. Then Sam couldn't get the ball to ANY receivers.

Understandable logic. But what if Long and Barks start all 16 games? Then we would just need some guard ofc....

You haven't helped much in my decision on Watkins lol, but I do understand your choice. I hope a receiver we have emerges to become a #1, just hard since we don't know if one will.