Lets never forget The Promise

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The kid is a cool customer. I don't even count the Fisher debacle . Foles and Goff were 4-14 under Fisher.
Both went on to win the NFC championship and both will soon be Super Bowl winners .

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Last edited:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"I'll say this -- to all the fans and everybody that came out today, we're appreciative and understand where we are," Goff said. "We know that they understand where we are. It's just hard, I know they see it -- it's hard in the locker room, it's hard for all of us. But I promise you guys it will get fixed -- [I'll give] everything in my heart and soul to get it all fixed."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes that was the moment I knew we had chosen right with Jared Goff. (y)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol, some of us knew all along but better late than never

I wanted Wentz - but I had no faith that the Rams would fire Fisher AND replace him with a competent offensive coach. I figured that Wentz would do better with less coaching. I was probably wrong even in that case, but definitely wrong with Goff getting actual coaching.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I wanted Wentz - but I had no faith that the Rams would fire Fisher AND replace him with a competent offensive coach. I figured that Wentz would do better with less coaching. I was probably wrong even in that case, but definitely wrong with Goff getting actual coaching.
Well as I recall you were in the vast majority at the time, not to gloat (okay but maybe I am) As a Pac 12 fan I was on the Goff train from the beginning

Cheers my friend, at the end of the day AND after weathering the predictable initial storm (which a blind man could see coming) we can rest assured Snisher got this one right...and in fact, those two are pretty much responsible for our core nucleus, as unpalatable of an admission that may appear to be

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Lol, some of us knew all along but better late than never

Always been in his corner since before the draft even. But wasn't totally sure about him until that moment cheers lol.

TexasRam

Legend
He had Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin and Brian Quick as his primary WR's.

Greg Robinson and Tim Barnes along with a very young Havenstein and Jamon Brown.

Jeff fisher and his ass backwards offensive staff.

And Yet Goff absorbs the blame onto himself while the media calls him a bust.

So happy for Goff and his success!!!!

I never once doubted the kid. Watching his college film you could see a supremely talented future NFL QB that was going to lead his team to Super Bowls.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I was split.

I, like you, had NO faith that they'd fire Fisher and thought Wentz would be better under Fisher than Goff (and to be fair, under Fisher and his crap O staff, he was pretty bad).

But, I also could clearly see (and I used Asshole Face as the example of an innovative play caller/QB developer) that with competent coaching, Goff was clearly better.

I knew the moment that McVay was considered a possibility that he was the one and Goff would be a different QB under him.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
there will be a day in the future when a kid comes out of college and gets labelled a bust after a shaky start and some talking head will say

" don't forget Jared Goff's first season ,,,0-7 as starter and now look at him and his career multiple super bowls multiple pro bowl first ballot HOFer "

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam

Don’t like to brag but there was NEVER any Doubt in my mind who I wanted! On Mondays, Wednedays and Fridays I wanted Goff and on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I wanted Wentz and I just gave my mind a rest on Sundays!!! I am just THRILLED that the Rams chose Jared Goff!!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It reminded me to the Tebow speech a few years prior. Good stuff. Also, I remember it being pretty much 50/50 in the Goff /Wentz debate. But since we are all talking credit, I wanted the Rams to draft Goff before he was even born!!! I win!!!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
there will be a day in the future when a kid comes out of college and gets labelled a bust after a shaky start and some talking head will say

" don't forget Jared Goff's first season ,,,0-7 as starter and now look at him and his career multiple super bowls multiple pro bowl first ballot HOFer "

there were plenty of qbs talking heads could have brought up which showed goff was just a rookie instead of a bust. but they chose to ignore history because they're dumbfucks that just parrot each other and their producer told them this is the story.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
there were plenty of qbs talking heads could have brought up which showed goff was just a rookie instead of a bust. but they chose to ignore history because they're dumbfucks that just parrot each other and their producer told them this is the story.

Just to be clear, one more time: No qb could have made Fisher's offense work at that point in time, including Keenum and Foles. Is it an accident that Goff, Foles and Keenum have subsequently taken taken teams to the NFC championship and Super Bowl, when they basically couldn't do anything with the Rams? The middle school offense was completely dysfunctional and gave Goff no good options on any given play.

Ram65

Legend
My favorite press conference.

Jared Goff made you believe he was going to do everything he could to get the Rams ship righted. He wasn't just going through the motions to tell everyone what they wanted to hear. Him doing it a Cal also made you believe he would do it for the Rams.

Two years later........Super Bowl!!!! Go Rams!!!!!