Lets keep in mind...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Denver was loaded for bear tonight, they wanted to win the first half, badly. This was Peyton's tune up game to start the season. And we beat him by 10 pts.

The 2nd half was all about Fisher evaluating who he is gonna cut and the Broncos trying to win the game in front of their home crowd.

That aside, there were a lot of major pluses, exceeding my expectations, and great promise for the future.

The only serious negative that concerns me is the subpar run blocking. It just highlights the need for a stud OG in next years draft.

I think Fisher will have this team ready to kick Arizonas ass. That's all I care about right now.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know the D was completely 3 scoops v word, but, it will be nice to see how they adjust for the short slants and underneath passes once the real games start.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
max said:
Denver was loaded for bear tonight, they wanted to win the first half, badly. This was Peyton's tune up game to start the season. And we beat him by 10 pts.

The 2nd half was all about Fisher evaluating who he is gonna cut and the Broncos trying to win the game in front of their home crowd.

That aside, there were a lot of major pluses, exceeding my expectations, and great promise for the future.

The only serious negative that concerns me is the subpar run blocking. It just highlights the need for a stud OG in next years draft.

I think Fisher will have this team ready to kick Arizonas ass. That's all I care about right now.
Yeah, like DR RAM was saying, we're not scheming for the run game (or pass game) right now, so it's basically just run, run, pass, run, pass, run. It doesn't seem like we're trying to create many mismatches in the passing game or provide much assistance in the run game (with lead blockers or getting the defense to spread out). I think we'll be alright, and I think you're right. Fisher/Schottenheimer are gonna uncork a bottle of whoopass on Arizona.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
RamsSince1969 said:
I know the D was completely 3 scoops v word, but, it will be nice to see how they adjust for the short slants and underneath passes once the real games start.

I like it, we are just playing vagina right now in the preseason. Not going to let that kitty out just yet. Oh, wait, that's not what you meant is it? :oops:

A55VA6

Legend
All I'm gonna say is this was a "dress rehearsal" and starters vs starters in the first half, Rams won. That's all i really look at I know the schemes and the injured players and lack of different things.. but we still went out there and won the 1st half.

I cannot wait until week 1!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A55VA6 said:
All I'm gonna say is this was a "dress rehearsal" and starters vs starters in the first half, Rams won. That's all i really look at I know the schemes and the injured players and lack of different things.. but we still went out there and won the 1st half.

Actually, it wasn't even a dress rehearsal. We still showed them NOTHING in this game.

A55VA6

Legend
X said:
A55VA6 said:

Actually, it wasn't even a dress rehearsal. We still showed them NOTHING in this game.
True. But we still went out and won the half.. without showing anything. Good sign :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A55VA6 said:
X said:
A55VA6 said:

True. But we still went out and won the half.. without showing anything. Good sign :)
Ayup. :nice:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
X said:
A55VA6 said:

Except for the rogue red zone blitz when Manning missed his WR by a mile in the endzone corner. :ww:
First time he got pressured after throwing darts in his kitchen for a whole quarter...and the Rams blocked that FG.
NICE.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
Ramhusker said:
RamsSince1969 said:

I like it, we are just playing vagina right now in the preseason. Not going to let that kitty out just yet. Oh, wait, that's not what you meant is it? :oops:

That's what I thought too lol.

We don't unleash the crackin aka the V until the cardinals. Right now, the first half of this game was exciting, but it still was just a quick flash of like ONE tit ;)

Too far? My bad

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cook is the first experienced impact receiving threat Bradford has had in now his 4th year. This is gonna be better than Rivers to Gates was a few years ago.

If Quick ever even remotely resembles Vincent Jackson, we are gonna light up the scoreboard. Fisher needs to play Quick with Bradford next week. Pettis is a known stop gap.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
max said:
Fisher needs to play Quick with Bradford next week. Pettis is a known stop gap.

This.

I find it a little peculiar that Fisher hasn't put him out there with the 1's. :huhidk:

Is Quick part of what we're holding back for the regular season? One can only hope.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:
max said:

This.

I find it a little peculiar that Fisher hasn't put him out there with the 1's. :huhidk:

Is Quick part of what we're holding back for the regular season? One can only hope.
Well FWIW I was sort of happy that our backup QB's had Quick to throw to.
I'd also say that Pettis has the job NOT because of what we see in pre season games but because of what the coaches see in practice, on the dropped 2 point conversion I thought Quick had a sort of a "that's news to me" look on his face.
IF you think back to a play where Givens missed a sight adjust ,I just think those kind of young guy mistakes aren't showing up with Pettis in practice and Sam needs some savvy from his recs. they can't all be inexperienced physical phenoms,once the league adjusts to all out speed and talent Pettis is gonna be Dennys.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
CGI_Ram said:
max said:

This.

I'm not surprised.......Fisher has said he's staying vanilla and he is. I'm sure the closed practices have been loaded with plays we haven't seen that they are going to uncork week one. This is all about depth the starters are already slotted. So he is going to figure out the bottom half of the roster, who to cut and who to stash on the PS.

Next week we will see nothing.

And something tells me Austin's NFL debut is going to be all over ESPN when he is done. They are clearly holding back with him and i expect they are going to go nuts against AZ putting him all over and that defense is going to have a long day.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
max said:
Yes agree 100% about our running game & yes the Rams have been needing a serious OG in the draft for close to a decade now! With the $$ being paid out this yr for Jake-Scott & Harvey the results should be nothing short that outstanding. Rams are paying close to 18 mil as the bottom line figure for those three with a possible other 6 mil in incentives based stuff. Not sure why its not working but its clearly not. The weak link does appear to be @ OLG post. ORT is currently not strong either.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
BonifayRam hopefully not seeing the future:
Yes agree 100% about our running game & yes the Rams have been needing a serious OG in the draft for close to a decade now! With the $$ being paid out this yr for Jake-Scott & Harvey the results should be nothing short that outstanding. Rams are paying close to 18 mil as the bottom line figure for those three with a possible other 6 mil in incentives based stuff. Not sure why its not working but its clearly not. The weak link does appear to be @ OLG post. ORT is currently not strong either.
I'm hoping that won't be the case when/if Saffold gets up to speed.