Let's hear your concerns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Username said:
DR RAM said:
I t seems that most of us agree. OL, OLB, S, WR, and TE are all concerns. I think we need more depth at DE also, but I will give props to Hays for playing a hell of a game.

Hell, Harvey Dahl gave up the first sack. Our tackles and guards are getting rocked at point of contact, and rocked so violently that they can't recover. Sam needs a big target to throw the ball to, someone he trusts to make the play even if he is covered. He doesn't have that guy. Could it be Quick or Pettis, yes it could be, but Quick is going to have to improve enough to even see the active roster and Pettis just got back from suspension. Smith has been a disappointment, and was one of my keys to the Rams having a successful season. I didn't expect a lot from the rookies.

Have you had a chance to re-watch the game yet Doc? What was your thoughts on Stewart when he was in there? My initial impressions we that he played a good game.
I did re-watch it, but didn't review it, if you know what I mean. Stewart played OK, mostly on special teams though. My thought is that he will work his way into the lineup. I think we will see more of him next week. Mikell has played much better the last two weeks. C. Dahl is almost always a day late and a dollar short. Linebacker play needs to improve. Dunbar rebounded last week after, IMO greatly contributing to our loss to Detroit, but then this week he didn't play very well. What I've seen so far is that he is very inconsistent, but talented. Rocky Mac is a ghost, as I and others have already mentioned. It's almost absurd to see how little he contributes.

I didn't see a lot behind the scenes in this game, except later in the game Chicago was able to get pressure with 3 or 4 guys, drop everyone else into coverage, and effectively blanket any receiver that we had out there. Our corners played pretty well, considering the size and talent of the Bears receivers. Jenkins made a lot of plays.

Sam needs to play a little better, but he was under extreme circumstances. I'm not worried about the completion %, because he had to throw away a lot of balls. I think he held the ball too long about 3 or 4 times, but I didn't really have a problem with it without being able to see the coverage. He probably could have gotten sacked 6 or 7 more times that he got out of it by scrambling or throwing it away.