Lets Go Blues!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And of course Backes and company are always clean hockey players!(need some rolling eyes here!) I've seen more guys going head-first into the boards in this series than I have for a looooong time. Neither team are angels!! And there could rightfully be game suspensions on both sides. I expect the Hawks to win the series! (y)
I think Backes is a very clean hockey player. He's also extremely physical and hard nosed. Playing that style leads to some perceived dirty hits. I also don't believe Seabrook to be a dirty hockey player at all...just a matter of a single play going awry.

It was a bad play...pure and simple. It could have happened to anyone, but that doesn't discount anything. If a Blue would have done that I would have been embarrassed and disappointed just the same.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, I hear you. The hit was a blatant cheap shot and could have easily lead to a major concussion.

Keith was a douche all game.

Keith has always been that type of player, he's not dirty all the time, but there's definitely some dirty in his game.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Absolutely disgusting.

They did it to me again...made me a believer just to rip my heart out.

I hate the Hawks as much as you can hate a rival...but they deserved to win this one with the way the Blues played.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Absolutely disgusting.

They did it to me again...made me a believer just to rip my heart out.

I hate the Hawks as much as you can hate a rival...but they deserved to win this one with the way the Blues played.
Absolutely gutless performance.

How many times can these guys mail it in every year? It's time to blow up this team, they're nothing but disappointments on ice.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Blues made a lot of shots, just none of them quality shots.

Blues need to add some offense.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Absolutely gutless performance.

How many times can these guys mail it in every year? It's time to blow up this team, they're nothing but disappointments on ice.
It's time to move on from Berglund and Jackman for sure.

If you ask me there are about 5 players that should be the core of the team...Tarasenko, Oshie, Schwartz, Backes, Pietrangelo. From there everyone is replaceable.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Crazy stuff. Not going to lie, I was kind of hoping the Hawks would only score 2 today.

20u8mcg.jpg

V3

Hall of Fame
It's time to move on from Berglund and Jackman for sure.

If you ask me there are about 5 players that should be the core of the team...Tarasenko, Oshie, Schwartz, Backes, Pietrangelo. From there everyone is replaceable.

Other than Tarasenko and Schwartz, ALL of them should be available. Oshie, Backes, and Petro or so overrated by the fans and media it boggles my mind. Petro is so damn soft it pisses me off watching him play. Backes might have the worst passing ability of any top line center in the NHL, and Oshie's best attribute is shootouts. And for Backes to say after the game that the Blues should still be playing in the playoffs is a joke. He's not a captain. No one on the team sticks up for one another which is why so many of our players are cheap-shotted and/or taken out.

I'm sure many will disagree but the Blues need to do a semi-rebuild. Their drafting during the rebuild wasn't good enough and the current GM used up A LOT of their first rounders for mediocre players at best. They need a new coach and definitely a new GM. I don't want anything to be done until Army is gone.

Oh_Canada

UDFA
Name
Bob
Before the game I told my wife that I hoped the score would be 5 - 1 for my Hawks ... and they delivered!!! What pleases me is that all these guys who battle so hard against each other can shake hands and hug each other when it's all over. In game 5 my favourite moment [besides Tazers overtime goal] was when Ott and Hossa laughed together when play ended at one point ... that means a lot to me! :)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Other than Tarasenko and Schwartz, ALL of them should be available. Oshie, Backes, and Petro or so overrated by the fans and media it boggles my mind. Petro is so damn soft it pisses me off watching him play. Backes might have the worst passing ability of any top line center in the NHL, and Oshie's best attribute is shootouts. And for Backes to say after the game that the Blues should still be playing in the playoffs is a joke. He's not a captain. No one on the team sticks up for one another which is why so many of our players are cheap-shotted and/or taken out.

I'm sure many will disagree but the Blues need to do a semi-rebuild. Their drafting during the rebuild wasn't good enough and the current GM used up A LOT of their first rounders for mediocre players at best. They need a new coach and definitely a new GM. I don't want anything to be done until Army is gone.

I don't know what version of Pietrangelo you're watching. He's not soft; it's just that going around and hitting everyone in sight isn't his goddamned style. He's not going to be Chris Pronger. He's not going to be Al MacInnis. He's more like Lidstrom in that he thinks and processes the game at a higher level than anyone else on the ice. You deal him, and I fucking guarantee that he becomes the best defenseman on the team he goes to and wins a Stanley Cup there. I realize that we lost another heartbreaking series, but to say that Pietrangelo - who is easily one of the top five defensemen in the entire fucking league - should be gotten rid of is nothing short of pure insanity.

Sum1

Hall of Fame

There is way too much in this that I disagree with to even start.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't know what version of Pietrangelo you're watching. He's not soft; it's just that going around and hitting everyone in sight isn't his goddamned style. He's not going to be Chris Pronger. He's not going to be Al MacInnis. He's more like Lidstrom in that he thinks and processes the game at a higher level than anyone else on the ice. You deal him, and I freaking guarantee that he becomes the best defenseman on the team he goes to and wins a Stanley Cup there. I realize that we lost another heartbreaking series, but to say that Pietrangelo - who is easily one of the top five defensemen in the entire freaking league - should be gotten rid of is nothing short of pure insanity.

Sorry, but he is soft and passive. I'm not saying get rid of him but he's definately NOT untouchable. That's all I'm saying.

V3

Hall of Fame
There is way too much in this that I disagree with to even start.
Their problems are bigger than just a player or two. They aren't going to fix them with a free agent signing, trade, or prospect from our farm system. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting something different is insanity. It's not going to happen with this core. Changes need to be made.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Sorry, but he is soft and passive. I'm not saying get rid of him but he's definately NOT untouchable. That's all I'm saying.

Just because he doesn't go around hitting everyone in sight like Reaves does not mean he's soft and passive. Nobody ever said that Nic Lidstrom was soft and passive. Nobody ever said that Scott Niedermeyer was soft and passive. Those two are who Pietrangelo models his game after, and he's not soft and passive either. He'll take a hit to get the puck out of the zone. He'll use his stick more than his body and knock the puck away from a forward on the attack. He won't take stupid penalties. That's smart hockey, not passivity.

His team-friendly contract and his young age, combined with the fact that he's one of the best all-around defensemen in the game right now, makes him just as untouchable as Tarasenko and Schwartz, if not more so. He is - without any doubt - the best player on our team, and he would be - without question - a top-pairing defenseman on every single hockey team in the NHL. If you dealt him away, it would be just like that fucking Pronger trade. You would never get fair value back, and he'd go on to win somewhere else.

Believe me, I am just as disappointed as all of you are. But blowing things up completely won't work...or have we so quickly forgotten the years of futility that the Edmonton Oilers are still going through?

V3

Hall of Fame
Just because he doesn't go around hitting everyone in sight like Reaves does not mean he's soft and passive. Nobody ever said that Nic Lidstrom was soft and passive. Nobody ever said that Scott Niedermeyer was soft and passive. Those two are who Pietrangelo models his game after, and he's not soft and passive either. He'll take a hit to get the puck out of the zone. He'll use his stick more than his body and knock the puck away from a forward on the attack. He won't take stupid penalties. That's smart hockey, not passivity.

His team-friendly contract and his young age, combined with the fact that he's one of the best all-around defensemen in the game right now, makes him just as untouchable as Tarasenko and Schwartz, if not more so. He is - without any doubt - the best player on our team, and he would be - without question - a top-pairing defenseman on every single hockey team in the NHL. If you dealt him away, it would be just like that freaking Pronger trade. You would never get fair value back, and he'd go on to win somewhere else.

Believe me, I am just as disappointed as all of you are. But blowing things up completely won't work...or have we so quickly forgotten the years of futility that the Edmonton Oilers are still going through?
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I see him get pushed around and hardly do a thing about guys near or in front of the net. Agree that he's good on the offensive side but he needs to learn to be more aggressive in his own zone- and that doesn't mean taking stupid penalties. If the Blue could get a young, elite center for him, I'd do it. That's what I meant by not untouchable.

Last edited:

Oh_Canada

UDFA
Name
Bob
If the Blues think that Pietrangelo or Bouwmeester are expendable because they're soft, we'll take them in Chicago!!!!! The Hawks just won that series in 4 straight games with defensemen who might be considered "soft" because they don't slam everybody in sight!! A good D-man learns that there is a time and a place for everything - including hits - that's playing "smart" instead of stupidly running after every opponent on the ice.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
looooooooooooool that's probably the best profanity filter word(s) I've see yet. I was expecting something like skunk, or chump