Lets Go Blues!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
That's a huge trade. That might be the trade that wins them the cup. Now the Blues need to refocus and start their drive for the cup

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Horrible, horrible trade. Way to completely fuck over our future, Armstrong.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Totally disagree, Memento. The Blues were one of the best franchises that were ultra-competitive for years without first round picks. They just made a trade for one of the best goalies in the game to make a push for the cup.

The future is now.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Don't disagree with getting Miller, but why in the world did we have to give up our two firsts for this year and the next, especially since both of them are strong draft classes? And I hated giving up Carrier, who I think is going to be a very good player in this league. Why not Ty Rattie? Surely Buffalo could use a scorer to pair up with Grigorenko/Girgensons, right?

Halak, Stewart, and Rattie is more than fair for Miller alone. We didn't need Ott as well, not when we could've given increased roles to Paajarvi and Jaskin, both of whom are ready to contribute right now.

Also, we could resign Miller, but since we're up against the cap, we can likely kiss Sobotka and Berglund goodbye. Since Roy will also likely be gone, that leaves Backes as the only top-nine center we'll have on our roster - and we don't have the prospects waiting in the wings to replace them. There's a ton of wingers, defensemen, and goalies that I like, but no center in our current farm system is ever going to make the NHL.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Don't disagree with getting Miller, but why in the world did we have to give up our two firsts for this year and the next, especially since both of them are strong draft classes? And I hated giving up Carrier, who I think is going to be a very good player in this league. Why not Ty Rattie? Surely Buffalo could use a scorer to pair up with Grigorenko/Girgensons, right?

Halak, Stewart, and Rattie is more than fair for Miller alone. We didn't need Ott as well, not when we could've given increased roles to Paajarvi and Jaskin, both of whom are ready to contribute right now.

Also, we could resign Miller, but since we're up against the cap, we can likely kiss Sobotka and Berglund goodbye. Since Roy will also likely be gone, that leaves Backes as the only top-nine center we'll have on our roster - and we don't have the prospects waiting in the wings to replace them. There's a ton of wingers, defensemen, and goalies that I like, but no center in our current farm system is ever going to make the NHL.

Yeah, I get what we gave up. I know it's risky.

But all I'm saying is that if this move pays off in the form of a cup I am A-OKAY with it.

...also, I'll pack Berglunds bags for him.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Well memento...gotta say Berglund is making me eat my words on shipping him out. He's really impressing me lately. It's been a few years coming but definitely better late than never!

Memento

Name
Jemma
We'll see. I just don't want Berglund or Sobotka shipped out because we simply do not have any center prospects who can take their places. That's why I want MacInnis and Hawryluk with our second round picks, but they won't be ready to start immediately.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to resign them, unless they ask for huge numbers. With the cap rising it should cover their new contracts.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Great trade, it's really helped us turn the corner, I hope Halak is doing well in Washington. He just wasn't the answer, we look primed for Stanley Cup hockey.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The team looks great lately. Almost unstoppable really.

Hopefully Tarasenko has a speedy recovery. Looking forward to them breaking the teams point record.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
What a game last night!

A client gave me suite tickets last minute yesterday...nothing like playoff hockey, especially with free food and booze!

Tarasenko and Schwartz were incredible. Miller let up a soft goal in the first, the other two are hard to fault him with...giving up a powerplay goal and the breakaway. He bounced back to give about as solid a performance as anyone can ask, essentially playing 4 period shut-out hockey.

What a game last night!

A client gave me suite tickets last minute yesterday...nothing like playoff hockey, especially with free food and booze!

Tarasenko and Schwartz were incredible. Miller let up a soft goal in the first, the other two are hard to fault him with...giving up a powerplay goal and the breakaway. He bounced back to give about as solid a performance as anyone can ask, essentially playing 4 period shut-out hockey.

Yeah really good game, unfortunately I could tell from the time bar that it went into overtime, but wasn't expecting triple overtime, thankfully today's game is on at a watchable time here so looking forward to it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Holy cow! Down 3-2... Blues with game tying goal with 6 seconds left in the game.

More OT...

Go Blues!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BAM!

BLUES WIN!

Jackman with a massive slap shot thru traffic in OT.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Glad to see some justice for that hit on Backes. I'd like to see some kind of fine at least for Duncan Keith taunting him while he laid motionless on the ice though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Glad to see some justice for that hit on Backes. I'd like to see some kind of fine at least for Duncan Keith taunting him while he laid motionless on the ice though.

Yeah, I hear you. The hit was a blatant cheap shot and could have easily lead to a major concussion.

Keith was a douche all game.

Oh_Canada

UDFA
Name
Bob
And of course Backes and company are always clean hockey players!(need some rolling eyes here!) I've seen more guys going head-first into the boards in this series than I have for a looooong time. Neither team are angels!! And there could rightfully be game suspensions on both sides. I expect the Hawks to win the series! (y)