Lets draft SUH ..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BobCarl

Rookie
I wanted the Rams to take Suh ... I'm glad I didn't get my wish.

ll355.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BobCarl said:

ll355.jpg

Was this in today's game? Man! I don't know what to think... that looks dirty at first blush.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
Was this in today's game? Man! I don't know what to think... that looks dirty at first blush.
I don't think the intent was to hurt anyone, but I do know that guard wasn't catching that linebacker...

BobCarl

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
yes ... today's game ... he was called for a personal foul ... will be interesting to see how much he gets fined

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
I don't think the intent was to hurt anyone, but I do know that guard wasn't catching that linebacker...

Well, I guess that's it. I mean; play hard. But does he have to throw his whole fat body on the guy's knee?

Push him with his hands instead? Would have accomplished the same thing.

I can't help but hate that bastard.

OCRich

UDFA
bluecoconuts said:
Dirty play by a dirty player.

Exactly. The player he "blocked" wasn't going to make the play. No need to chop at the knees on that play.

It's a cheap shot and he's going to get a substantial fine due to his history.

BTW, my first post. Hello, everyone!

fearsomefour

Legend
Welcome to the best Rams board/site around....

As bad as the cheap shot was the fact that it cost the Lions a TD. That was a long Int return that went for a TD that was called back on his dumb play.

jap

Legend
BobCarl said:

ll355.jpg

As much as I loved Sam's early collegiate career, I was actually leaning towards Senor Suh myself, until Sam posted a clean bill of health with a pre-draft physical. Then I shifted my favor immediately toward Sam I Am.

However, as a flashback from those pro-Suh days, with Kahn threatening to become our owner, I remember posting some nonsense like the following:

Kahn: Draft Suh and warp speed ahead! Damn you!!!

Devaney: KAHN!!!!!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Welcome, OC Rich! Do they suspend players for personal fouls? Hope so after that one.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
OCRich said:
Exactly. The player he "blocked" wasn't going to make the play. No need to chop at the knees on that play.

It's a cheap shot and he's going to get a substantial fine due to his history.

Hello dayre.

V3

Hall of Fame
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

That's what I was thinking. Anyone with a brain knows that guy was out of the play. No need to jeopardize his safety.

IMO, that was dirty but we already knew that coming from Suh. The funny thing is, I didn't think he was dirty in college. WTH happened to this guy?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
OCRich sticking his out from underneath the covers:

The first of many I'm sure. :bg:

Welcome to the ROD! :zomg: :ja: :dancin: :wewt: :nana: :clap: :cheers:

Stop by our members map and pin your location. We're on Facebook too. :bg:

im surprised there isnt more retaliation for some of this guys behavior. kind of like in mlb someone needs to get some payback on this guy. i dont cheer against many people, but this guy has no business on the field in my opinion.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I have to admit I was on the "Draft Suh" train and I still think he is a great talent but I just don't know what gets into his head sometimes. He is a great guy off the field. He even donated a couple of million to Nebraska's FB program before he even got his first check. But he has become completely out of control on the field and am wondering if he may need to be on some kind of medication. 20/20 hindsight has certainly proven Bradford was the right pick for the Rams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2013/09/detroit_lions_ndamukong_suh_sa_2.html

Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, twice voted by his peers as the NFL's dirtiest player, said he was a changed man this year.

It took him only one half of the 2013 opener to commit an ill-advised penalty that some are calling dirty.

Suh blocked the Minnesota Vikings' John Sullivan in the back of the knees following an interception by DeAndre Levy. The linebacker returned the ball for a touchdown, but the pick-six was wiped out when Suh was whistled for an illegal low block on the play.

Sullivan was injured by Suh's back-side hit and was forced from the game, which Detroit won 34-24. Minnesota's Jared Allen said the play was "uncalled for."

"Some things are going to be borderline. If it's in the heat of trying to make a play, you look the other way," Allen said. "But you can't take a dude's legs out from behind on an interception when he's running down the field. To me, there's just no room for that.

"It's just, it's sad to see because I got to know him a little bit and he's really a decent dude. He plays hard, I like his style of play, but if you end a guy's career like that? It's just uncalled for."
Suh said he didn't intend to block Sullivan in the back of the knees.

"On that particular play, I'm looking to make a block," Suh said. "I'm just throwing to make a block, and really cut him off so he doesn't get a chance to get home. I spoke to him. We're good.

"It wasn't intended, by any means. I wasn't going for his knee, and he knows that. We had a great conversation about it at halftime, and he understood. My aim point was his waist, to cut him off."

The penalty negated Levy's touchdown, and instead gave Detroit the ball at Minnesota's 39-yard line. Quarterback Matthew Stafford was intercepted a play later.

Suh has developed a reputation as someone who plays on the edge, and occasionally crosses it. That includes stomping on Green Bay's Evan Dietrich-Smith in 2011, drawing a two-game suspension, and being accused of kicking Houston's Matt Schaub in the groin in 2012.

Suh wasn't suspended for that one, but was fined.

Suh said this preseason he hoped the Lions -- including himself -- would become more disciplined. It's part of his new persona as a team leader.

He was voted a team captain last week.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Aw shit here I go, it was unnecessary as in he din't HAVE to do it, but as I remember the rules ,his head IS in front of the guy so HOW he did it isn't an infraction IS IT?

I don't judge the guy ,o linemen make those sort of blocks all the time on guys like him, IMO his reputation effects how people see this.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddynot seeing an infraction:
Aw shyte here I go, it was unnecessary as in he din't HAVE to do it, but as I remember the rules ,his head IS in front of the guy so HOW he did it isn't an infraction IS IT?

This should explain why it was a penalty:
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/09/davids-gaffe-comes-from-failure-to-understand-the-rules/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... the-rules/</a>
David’s gaffe comes from failure to understand the rules
When Buccaneers linebacker Lavonte David shoved Jets quarterback Geno Smith out of bounds, the first guy I thought of was former Browns linebacker Dwayne Rudd.

It was, as it turns out, 11 years to the day since Rudd threw off his helmet to celebrate a Week One win over the Chiefs. Rudd was flagged, giving the Chiefs 15 more yards and an untimed down and Kansas City won the game.

For David, the untimely penalty didn’t involve using his arms to throw his helmet into the air but throwing his arms into Smith.

Smith was still in bounds when the hit was applied. The problem is that Smith was running out of bounds.

Per a league source, the NFL’s position on plays of that nature is that, if a guy is running out of bounds, any forceful pushing or shoving will be viewed as unnecessary roughness.

It’s similar to the slide. The player in that situation is giving himself up.

If Smith had been running along the sidelines, he would have been fair game. But he was clearly running out of bounds.

So if, as David said after the game, he believes Smith was in bounds, it shows that David simply doesn’t understand the rules. Yes, Smith was in bounds. But he was going out of bounds, and he shouldn’t have been shoved.

It means that he either hasn’t been taught the rules properly, or that he ignored the information the team provided to him.

Either way, it was the difference between 1-0 and 0-1.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Well, I guess that's it. I mean; play hard. But does he have to throw his whole fat body on the guy's knee?

Push him with his hands instead? Would have accomplished the same thing.

I can't help but hate that bastard.

Ya....pushing him would have had the same result.....

Just not needed.....IMHO.