Lets chat about Boras

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think Boras will have some effect, he's been here watching the garbage and knows he can't bring the same old shit. He will maybe get a little help by Havenstein coming back and having a week of practice to get some work in. Add the subtraction of Foles and there is the possibility of a surge.

The lack of play calling experience is a concern, having a rhythm and feel for the game and where to go next will be important and I don't think Cigs had "it".

RamsFan4Life

Starter
For those of us touting Martz or recalling Martz if you prefer......

Martz O threw the ball downfield IN SPITE of the defense or the results. I remember many times worrying if we'd be able to overcome the picks we were throwing.

Just food for thought............

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Boy I hope you are right. I see an OL with almost NO experience, and lots of injuries and backups. I agree 100% that scheme can be tailored to help hide some of these weaknesses, but if the guys we put on the field can't run block or pass block successfully against NFL Level DLinemen, scheme, OC, QB, RB, won't matter much.

It's not so much scheme to hide their weaknesses as it is schemes that are developed to gain leverage on a defensive front. Get your lineman an angle - create movement that will get a D Lineman leaning or thinking and then get your offensive lineman in a position to take advantage.

There are rookies starting all over the league - they aren't better players - they are just in schemes that work. This is especially true in the run game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
it hasn't run on all cylinders long before he was even a Ram.
Sam's last 7 games...14 tds 4 int's.....Davis last 8 games 8 tds & 7 ints....or something like that...plus the yardage...the offense has never ground to a halt like this under the Fisher time...so either it IS Cigs ( a lil) or Foles (a whole hellava lot)....
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2014.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2013.htm

There is no way we should be missing Kellen Clemens....but we are...Davis too...and after I read my post....I'm tempted, not strongly but tempted to think..we miss Schotty too.... LOL

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Sam's last 7 games...14 tds 4 int's.....Davis last 8 games 8 tds & 7 ints....or something like that...plus the yardage...the offense has never ground to a halt like this under the Fisher time...so either it IS Cigs ( a lil) or Foles (a whole hellava lot)....
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2014.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2013.htm

There is no way we should be missing Kellen Clemens....but we are...Davis too...and after I read my post....I'm tempted, not strongly but tempted to think..we miss Schotty too.... LOL
Well, Schotty's problem as an OC is that his offense is too complex to be realistically implementable. Cignetti seemed to take the most polar opposite tact you possibly could. Perhaps something in the middle is called for... more than 10 plays, but less than 10,000.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
He's fine for the final 4 games this year. What other choice was there during the season?

But come 5 minutes after our last game this year, we need to look for and land a real OC.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not so much scheme to hide their weaknesses as it is schemes that are developed to gain leverage on a defensive front. Get your lineman an angle - create movement that will get a D Lineman leaning or thinking and then get your offensive lineman in a position to take advantage.

There are rookies starting all over the league - they aren't better players - they are just in schemes that work. This is especially true in the run game.
There aren't many teams with, for all intents and purposes, 3 rookies starting next to each other and a 2nd year LT. Add to that 2 of the Rookies are injured. Granted RH is coming back, but what were we on our 3rd string RT? Or was it 4th string. When you look at our OL as a whole, right now, it is a disaster.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Except I never mentioned his lack of playcalling, not that Martz is the standard to begin with. For every Martz there's a Cigs who will fall flat on his face.

My point that he was already drawing up the run plays and was pretty much co-OC with Cigs in that aspect so I don't expect the runs to get better primarily running them through the guy that made them in the first place mixed with our large deficiencies on offense as is and injuries to some of the few players who were playing good on said side of the ball. Everyone talks about how we don't like the run plays, well Boras was the man behind them, so why should I expect them to get better now that he's going to do it full time?

I don't think this move will make much difference as far as xs and os but it should light a fire under some coaches buts. I hope fisher does the same with the players. sit cook, quick and larenitus (sp) at least. if they really want a running game replace cook with a ol man maybe battle. they could line him up as a te outside of grob this would help grob plus give battle some experience.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think this is a big ass band aide that will have to get fixed in the off season. At this point the OL is so injured and shuffled that continuity is almost impossible. That and IMO, Fisher just didn't draft the talent that was needed in the first place. Well, let's say we don't know for sure yet with Brown and Havenstein as they are young. GR has been a disappointment thus far. Time will tell on him.

But as CoachO said and I've said as well, Cignetti ran the same plays over and over. We need a more creative mind. Even if you're going to be a running team you need different formations then what we've run.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think the Rams come out up tempo this week, run more middle of the field passing game and the O scores 20 points. May or may not matter looking at what the D will have to do to keep the game close.

And you know I love you @fearsomefour , however, I think that will happen on Saturday Night and then you will have to wake up and turn off the alarm.

Debacled

Starter
They still down to almost street FAs starting on the oline? Has the QB issue been resolved yet?

Can only hope Keenum can provide some magic.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Things happen, and I get your optimism. I just don't agree, I can't place this on Cigs, nor Boras if he fails after. This offense isn't either of theirs, it's Fisher's and I feel like he should be held responsible. Not the guy 11 games into his first season here nor the new fall guy if things continue to falter.

Keep in mind that we may not know how that firing came down. It could have been the result of a heated argument. Cignetti may have said he wanted to step down as OC and Fisher got angered by it. Who really knows.

I never heard Fisher blame this mess on Cignetti.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Haha,
I had enjoyed several scotches by the time I posted that.

Single Malt I hope!
81206602003.jpg