Let Danny Amendola walk for a 2nd or not.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Keep Danny Amendola or let him go for a 2nd

• We have to keep him. He is what Bradford needs.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Let him go, Salas is ready to step up and Rams have other needs.

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
Guys, again--the DA to Patz talk was all bogus.

He never visited the Patz.

It was just a media rumor.

The Boston Herald has debunked it.

He has a 2nd rd tender. Anyone that has a 2nd rd pick can grab him.
So the question is still is should the Rams keep him or let him go if any team grabs him.

Sometimes I don't type as clear as I think.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yamahopper said:
understood.jpg

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
DR RAM said:
I love Danny, but with the current receivers on the team and the possible value of a 2nd round pick, I think I'd let him go. I think Salas could step up and be an asset to the team. If not for Salas, then no.

I agree 100%. I love Danny but a 2nd roudner will net a player with very low limitations and likely more of a need. Danny is good at what he does but not sure to me that it is 2nd round pick value when we have depth at his position. He can also walk next year as a FA.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I must be the only guy who likes Salas transitioning to SE.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yamahopper said:
zn said:

So the question is still is should the Rams keep him or let him go if any team grabs him.

Now that is the interesting part. I would change my vote if someone that has a pick in top quarter of the 2nd round wanted DA.

Anonymous

X said:

No I am with you. He looks like he would be much more effective outside. I've always thought that, frankly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
Yamahopper said:
zn said:

Now that is the interesting part. I would change my vote if someone that has a pick in top quarter of the 2nd round wanted DA.
You mean, like, Shurmur? Former OC for the Rams, Shurmur? Guy who stole the sure-fire hall-of-famer Thaddeus Lewis from us, Shurmur? Super high pick in the second round, Shurmur? Someone like that?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
zn said:
X said:

No I am with you. He looks like he would be much more effective outside. I've always thought that, frankly.
He was fantastic on the inside and built perfectly for it. He showed some brilliant flashes there. He's quicker than fast, and although I'm not saying he can't play the Y...don't see him as an X at all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
zn said:
X said:

He was fantastic on the inside and built perfectly for it. He showed some brilliant flashes there. He's quicker than fast, and although I'm not saying he can't play the Y...don't see him as an X at all.
Well that's because there's only one "X". I do see him on the outside though - like Hines Ward. Strong, physical receiver who can take on blocks and break tackles. Just whatever you do - please - PLEASE - don't put him back in punt return duties.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
zn said:
He's not being courted, not by the Patz anyway.

He's in Maine for a funeral.

The Boston Herald says, no Patz visit.

That's your neck of the woods isn't it ZN? Do you think there is really that much to the Amendola to patsies connection? I know you said he's not being courted. Is this just another one of those stories that originates practically out of thin air?

Bye the way - I didn't vote. I would hate to see any of our former players wearing patsie gear. Some other team? Guess that would depend a lot on where they pick.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
DR RAM said:
zn said:
X said:

Well that's because there's only one "X". I do see him on the outside though - like Hines Ward. Strong, physical receiver who can take on blocks and break tackles. Just whatever you do - please - PLEASE - don't put him back in punt return duties.

+1000000000000000. That was painful to watch. Petis too

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:

I think he'd do well there too. Lots of options though to consider. I'm sure the new regime plans on making a couple or few additions to WR somehow. How it all shakes out, who knows? Salas is versatile though.
I am a Danny fan but a second rounder makes me think they should take it. No less than that though.

bluecoconuts

Legend
libertadrocks said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
zn said:
X said:

Pettic could at least hang onto it, his problem was he didn't know what a fair catch was.

steferfootball

Starter
libertadrocks said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
zn said:
X said:

I remember Billy D. saying he had a special secret in store for us as our backup punt returner. He deserved to loose his job for that alone.

steferfootball

Starter
I vote no. Some things to consider.

-He is the only WR without mangled knees that Bradford has shown good chemistry with
-Therefore introducing a new guy to Bradford in his place will decrease any semblance of stability
-Third down conversions....he is good at em. The other guys aren't so good.
-2nd and 3 > 2nd and 10 (he has a very high catch rate...almost like a seven yard run...much-perhaps most(?) of the drop in Bradford's completion percentage this year is directly attributed to missing Danny)
-He has only played one full season with us...we don't really know his full potential
-Salas is hardly a slam dunk in terms of proving himself. He had a good 4 week stretch, but before that it was drops, fumbles, and low IQ plays. IMO it was just rookie struggles, but there is the issue of those struggles recurring.

Now if it was a pick in the 33-43 range, I'd take a hard look at it. That is almost a first rounder. But the Patriots pick would basically be a third rounder.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
steferfootball said:
libertadrocks said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
zn said:
X said:

I remember Billy D. saying he had a special secret in store for us as our backup punt returner. He deserved to loose his job for that alone.

That show the Science of sports should have had Pettis wired up to monitors that measure impact on those punt returns. Would have been interesting. Human crash test dummy was what came to mind watching him.
But I'll give him credit for being tough.

steferfootball

Starter
Yamahopper said:
steferfootball said:
libertadrocks said:
X said:
DR RAM said:
zn said:
X said:

That show the Science of sports should have had Pettis wired up to monitors that measure impact on those punt returns. Would have been interesting. Human crash test dummy was what came to mind watching him.
But I'll give him credit for being tough.
I wonder what goes through pettis' mind...

Oh look a football! It is coming to me! So pretty! Football!
*BOOM* :boing:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The point that I am making is that Salas, a young player who showed promise, could possibly step in if DA left. That second round pick could be used on the best Guard, or Center, or a starting LB, or a starting DT, or the best Safety, or a very good RB. Then the Rams could pick up a 3rd or 4th round change of pace back/slot receiver to help/back up Salas with that role.

It would leave us with a lot of options, along with allowing us to utilize our young players. It's more than just Salas vs Amendola, or Rams vs Pats.

Again, I like Danny and if we do keep him, then I would at least try to get Salas reps somewhere else, but I don't see him as the type of receiver on the outside that he can be on the inside, which would make us have to upgrade there, and in turn, would diminish his impact on the team. IMO.

Thoughts?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
DR RAM said:
The point that I am making is that Salas, a young player who showed promise, could possibly step in if DA left. That second round pick could be used on the best Guard, or Center, or a starting LB, or a starting DT, or the best Safety, or a very good RB. Then the Rams could pick up a 3rd or 4th round change of pace back/slot receiver to help/back up Salas with that role.

It would leave us with a lot of options, along with allowing us to utilize our young players. It's more than just Salas vs Amendola, or Rams vs Pats.

Again, I like Danny and if we do keep him, then I would at least try to get Salas reps somewhere else, but I don't see him as the type of receiver on the outside that he can be on the inside, which would make us have to upgrade there, and in turn, would diminish his impact on the team. IMO.

Thoughts?

Agreed Dr. I just would prefer if we had to lose DA that we would get an upper 2nd round pick rather than the Pats 63rd. We could have a starter in the top half of the second where 15 picks later that may not be the case.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
DR RAM said:

Thoughts?

Exactly my thoughts. I think if a player like TY Hilton/Joe Adams/Rainey fell into their laps with good value in mid rounds, he'd be dynamic as a fall back/alternate to Salas and add lots of value to returns, with homerun speed and elusiveness. With the second from Danny, we'll have lots of early picks to build the roster.