Les Snead Talks Rams Draft, Bradford & Manziel--ESPN Radio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams GM Les Snead appears on ESPN’s SVP and Russillo and talks about preparing for the NFL draft, Sam Bradford’s future, Johnny Manziel’s potential, what the NFC West is like and more. (7:49)

Listen to Les Snead Interview

Memphis Ram

Legend
"Last year, probably after week four, we kind of changed philosophies went back to more of a run first, play action pass type offense.....that's probably what we are going to look like going forward."

iced

"Last year, probably after week four, we kind of changed philosophies went back to more of a run first, play action pass type offense.....that's probably what we are going to look like going forward."

Pass 55/60, run 45/40 (w/ bradford)

Memphis Ram

Legend
Pass 55/60, run 45/40 (w/ bradford)

Listening to the interview, I'm thinking and hoping for more of what we saw those 3 games after week four which totaled a more balanced 80 passing attempts vs. 75 rushing attempts (not including Bradford runs).

iced

Listening to the interview, I'm thinking and hoping for more of what we saw those 3 games after week four which totaled a more balanced 80 passing attempts vs. 75 rushing attempts (not including Bradford runs).

Go look at the play calling - it paints a much different picture. Even with leads they still threw more than ran - closest to a balanced game was the texans, and a lot of that was because they didn't have the ball for 11 minutes (from 3rd to 4th qtr) - then they went into run the clock out mode.

The play calling before the 4th quarter paints a much different picture. They most certainly aired it out in the jags game

Memphis Ram

Legend
Not debating if they passed more than they ran. Circumstances will dictate that. I'm just looking and hoping for more balance that what you presented.

BTW, they seemed somewhat balanced to me vs. Jacksonville. Even the 4th quarter TD drive featured 4 passes and 3 rushing plays. The two drives before that one featured 6 rushing plays vs. 5 passing plays. And even subtracting rushes in the final drive where they ran the ball 5 straight times before Bradford starting kneeling, it still looks like about 34 passes vs. 26 rushes overall.

iced

Not debating if they passed more than they ran. Circumstances will dictate that. I'm just looking and hoping for more balance that what you presented.

I know - I'm just sayin' the proof is in the puddin'. I've already looked over the play calling by drive, time, etc.
BTW, they seemed somewhat balanced to me vs. Jacksonville. Even the 4th quarter TD drive featured 4 passes and 3 rushing plays. The two drives before that one featured 6 rushing plays vs. 5 passing plays. And even subtracting rushes in the final drive where they ran the ball 5 straight times before Bradford starting kneeling, it still looks like about 34 passes vs. 26 rushes overall.

And actually the numbers do bear out to what i was sayin': 34 + 26 = 60, 34/60 - 56.66666%