Les Snead Talks Rams Approach to the Draft, Goff + More

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Los Angeles Rams General Manager Les Snead joins Steve Mason & John Ireland to discuss how the team is going to approach the upcoming NFL Draft and the plan to continue the development of QB Jared Goff.

Listen to Snead Interview

bnw

Pro Bowler
What is so difficult about the NFL draft? You draft the guy with the most zits on his back!:rimshot:

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What is so difficult about the NFL draft? You draft the guy with the most zits on his back!:rimshot:
1027.gif

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Snead talks about the Miami loss. I attended that game with a friend, (Dolphin fan who fell asleep at half time the game was so boring). One of the worst losses I ever attended (loss to Vikings in playoffs in 70 something was worse) Rams gave up only76 yards of offense with just under 6 min to play. Then Miami puts 2 back to back 75 yard drives for TD's. Add to that Goff scrambled 4 times to keep their last drive alive, but his last scramble for a 1st down was nullified by a boneheaded penalty, taking them out of FG range for the winning score.

Worst loss of the season. It set the tone for the rest of the games, and was probably the game that Kroenke (who was at that game) made his decision to can Fisher.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I still think G-Rob should be at RG and Hav at RT... but I do trust Kromer

I agree with you, but trust Kromer too. I thought Havenstein had a great rookie season and was improving last season as he got over his foot(?) injury.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
So, Improving the O is the key to the draft - lets hope it happens. The O is already better this year than last year with the calibre of the coaching staff hired and the few key additions we've done.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Snead talks about the Miami loss. I attended that game with a friend, (Dolphin fan who fell asleep at half time the game was so boring). One of the worst losses I ever attended (loss to Vikings in playoffs in 70 something was worse) Rams gave up only76 yards of offense with just under 6 min to play. Then Miami puts 2 back to back 75 yard drives for TD's. Add to that Goff scrambled 4 times to keep their last drive alive, but his last scramble for a 1st down was nullified by a boneheaded penalty, taking them out of FG range for the winning score.

Worst loss of the season. It set the tone for the rest of the games, and was probably the game that Kroenke (who was at that game) made his decision to can Fisher.

Curious if you remember the penilty ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So, Improving the O is the key to the draft - lets hope it happens. The O is already better this year than last year with the calibre of the coaching staff hired and the few key additions we've done.
Explosive players is what The Rams are looking for.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Totally agree, and we have the coaching staff in place to utilise the talent now.

While listening to the interview the thing some posters were saying The Rams won't draft a RB.I called them crazy.Was totally Wrong from work Les Sneed was saying . He says they trade down like they did to get Big Rob & Mannion.Plus Sasser from Mizzu .
---Good value ...The Rams draft Needs helped them find Whichman from Fresno St. Wonder if they helped find EJ Gaines the year before.
Looks like Aaron Green has a chance to make the 53 man roster as a udfa.

He was talking about TE & wR which is a no brainer. The Rams really need a pass catching TE !! He talked about having best 22. He also talked about only having 1 ball & QB & RB won't be draft , but would trade back .

Will see if it was a smoke streak. He was asked about Mixon on there board. My guess is he is not on there board. Makes even more since that he plays RB .
Turned on Maylick talking up RB from Tenn. in 1st rd to Green Bay 29th Alvin Kamari ?? ---Best RB game tape in last few years .

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Block in the back by Robinson well after the play and was the reason he was first benched.

That is interesting . The Rams would have been 5-5 . Wow I didn't recall Fisher sitting Case after a win against The Jets.
That is surprising to me now. Yeah Fisher used Robinson as a example of making bad penalties . He lost the team because of that . They still were in the hunt. The veterans were a little upset. Fisher changed the locker room.
He never made Boras accountable , because he never understood offenses like he should have. Buddy Ryan went after the OC in Houston because of how bad the offense was run . Warren Moon called his own plays.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey

Great minds think alike.:dizzy: That Viking playoff loss was the most painful loss of my little life! I cried like a baby. Heck, I was only a few years removed from babyhood. Flash forward to the Miami Dolphins over 40 years later, my Rams embarrass themselves, playing like a disorganized peewee football team. :eek: Left me slack jawed, awed and shocked. It's impossible to agree more with your post Bubbaramfan.:icare:

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This Joel Kmart talks about air raid offenses run in college . The type Leach runs does not translate in the NFL . Johnny Football, Tim Couch,Jared Goff,Fran Harrel,Kingsberry have never made it in The NFL. It is a Right handed offense that is run toward green grass.
It's a simpler offense than BYU used with Edwards. You don't have to read & go through very many progressions.Non of the QB's have a higher QB rating higher than the league average.
He thinks Patrick Mahoney will struggle if history plays out.
I do think Goff goes through progressions well though & new coaching staff is going to do wonders. He will be the first to throw over league average. Scary thing to me is how well Davies Webb played at Cal this season. His numbers were similar to Jared Goffs were.