Les Snead Talks Michael Sam, Rams QB Situation + More w/Rich Eisen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
:rant:Eisen didn't press The Hair hard enough about the Deal with the NFL! You know. You guys draft the homosexual. We won't put you on Hard Knocks! It's all there in black and white. Just ask Balzer:
:burp:
Duh, I'm just a tool.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
L.A. Rams G.M. Les Snead Talks Michael Sam, being on Hard Knocks, possible interest in Peyton Manning, the Rams QB situation & More with Rich Eisen.

Listen to Snead Interview
One interesting point Snead made. The Rams are hoping to get a compensatory pick, next year, due to the signing of McLeod by the Eagles! I hadn't thought of this! Now I hope McLeod really has a Killer year!!:snicker::shades:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fan fucking tastic.
Now we get to hear about Michael Sam in every other thread again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Fan freaking tastic.
Now we get to hear about Michael Sam in every other thread again.

michael-sam-kiss-with-boyfriend-sparks-internet-movement.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and ban yourself now.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I like Snead and all , but the guy really has an ability to over answer stuff

jap

Legend
I like Snead and all , but the guy really has an ability to over answer stuff

It's all part of the smoke & mirrors, over analytical, multiple answer approach. The listener(s) is (are) left with the feeling,

"Now what the hell did he just say? Did he actually say anything at all?

Ram65

Legend
I thought Les gave a great example of the value of each and every draft pick. Getting McLeod, Hekker and JZ with only a 7th round pick.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One interesting point Snead made. The Rams are hoping to get a compensatory pick, next year, due to the signing of McLeod by the Eagles! I hadn't thought of this! Now I hope McLeod really has a Killer year!!:snicker::shades:

They will be getting a high pick for Jenkins also. Some have projected it as being a 3rd and a 4th for the 2 of them. They are at the end of the round, but starting next season you can trade comp picks, which is not the case now.

If the Rams make a big move up for a QB they may feel better about giving up picks in 2017 knowing that they are likely to have an extra 3rd and 4th round comp pick coming.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Jenkins, McLeod and Fairley all contribute to us getting comp picks. So far really only Stens counts against us.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They will be getting a high pick for Jenkins also. Some have projected it as being a 3rd and a 4th for the 2 of them. They are at the end of the round, but starting next season you can trade comp picks, which is not the case now.

If the Rams make a big move up for a QB they may feel better about giving up picks in 2017 knowing that they are likely to have an extra 3rd and 4th round comp pick coming.
Do you know If we stand to get a comp pick because of Fairley signing with the Saints!?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Over the cap.com now have our 4th round compensatory pick for McLeod now cancelled out by the signing of Sensabaigh - but we definitely should get one in the 3rd for Jenkins. Not sure on the Fairlry situation.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you know If we stand to get a comp pick because of Fairley signing with the Saints!?

It depends on the dollar amount and how he performs his first year. I'm hoping it more than outweighs the Sensabaugh contract. Coples was a cut, so he doesn't affect compensation at all.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Interesting how Snead mentioned Foles merely as an afterthought. I think we all were pretty sure he was done with us, but this pretty much confirmed it to me. I'd be surprised to see him in a Rams uniform come September.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Over the cap.com now have our 4th round compensatory pick for McLeod now cancelled out by the signing of Sensabaigh - but we definitely should get one in the 3rd for Jenkins. Not sure on the Fairlry situation.

How do they cancel out? Sensa came for half the price that McLeod left the Rams.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do they cancel out? Sensa came for half the price that McLeod left the Rams.

I'm not positive, but I think it's more that it would knock down the round in that case. But I expect Fairley's contract to counteract Sensabaugh's, once the details are known. A couple of mid-round picks would be sweet.