Les Snead Talks Drafting Greg Robinson With Jim Rome

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

St. Louis Rams General Manager Les Snead joins Jim Rome to discuss why they selected Auburn’s offensive lineman Greg Robinson with the No. 2 pick in the 2014 NFL draft. (1:12)

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I figure the Rams went bpa and Robinson was the man. Bet they would have taken Clowney had he been available. Worked for me!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not so sure that the OL is anywhere close to being what the DL is even with the 1.2 selection of OT Greg Robinson. And yes Mojo nobody was fooled by the Rams selecting GR. All knew that Fisher lost three OL'ers during free agency. Two were starters OLG Chris Williams & ORG Harvey Dahl plus the Rams top interior reserve OL in Shelley Smith. After GR Snead did not draft until the 7th rd when they selected swing OT Mitchell Van Dyk & Center Demetrius Rhaney. Both of those 7th rders. are long-shots or pure developmental PS material. Snead did sign two UDFA's in OT's Emmanuel McCray & Abasi Salima. I read somewhere that the Rams were looking @ the 6-8 313 pound van Dyk to be their possible future swing OT.

So the present Boudreau reserves of OG Brandon Washington, OG Mike Persons, OG/OT Graham Pocic, OT Sean Hooey & OL Barrett Jones will have to take the place of two of the three losses. Washington looks like the groomed OL'er to be our 2014 version of top reserve OG Shelley Smith. Barrett Jones could fill the rest of the void that Chris Williams played where he could be plugged in @ both OT's & any interior position without a drop off. It is also possible that Harvey Dahl may return sometime early this season if needed when his bad worn knee and ankle have fully healed but he is now way past his ability to start & perform appropriately & would might be a needed plug in emergency ORG/ORT on game day.

The Ram Org. may feel they have bolstered their OL with the OL Greg Robinson pick and they have some but it is in well need of better talented reserves when you consider the injury riddled starters up front in Rodger Saffold, Scott Wells & Jake Long. I would expect that if Jake Long is injured once again that Rodger Saffold is the main reserve but when you look at Long & Saffold the last three seasons and the amount of injuries & surgeries suffered between them..scary. The Wells saga of injuries and surgeries is just as bad but the Rams are well fortified now behind Wells with Barnes-Jones-Pocic & Rhaney.

It would look like the Ram Org will be watching the WWC list after the teams begin their roster cut-downs on the OL'ers. Never know they might get lucky like they did in 2012 with starter OT Joe Barksdale who was a WWC.