Les Snead spoke with the media today. These are some of the main talking points:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I would love for Vita Vea to fall to us at #23.

Did you see the open field tackle he made vs Penn State? He looked like a 235 lb linebacker just casually taking down a returner in open space.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't like the sound of, essentially, that he's going to try to sign everybody. But I am sure that is just GM speak.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Is it me or does Les’ replies leave anyone else a little concerned?

I feel like he may be suggesting the big man’s asking too much reading bw lines

wmc540

Pro Bowler
Is it me or does Les’ replies leave anyone else a little concerned?

I feel like he may be suggesting the big man’s asking too much reading bw lines

The big man has a contract and a few years of franchise tags. He can meet in the middle or wait.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
If the Rams are going to make Donald the highest paid DL in the league do it now while his play is worth the money. Don't wait two or three years and then give him a 7 year mega contract. Don't make the Orlando Pace mistake again.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I don't like the sound of, essentially, that he's going to try to sign everybody. But I am sure that is just GM speak.

oprah-free-car.gif

"YOU get a contract....YOU get a contract!!...YOU get a contract!!!"

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think one of Barwin or Quinn will be back, maybe both depending how they see FA breaking and if they can restructure Quinn or he simply takes a pay cut.

Remember they only have 3 picks in the 1st 4 rounds and now picking at the end of those rounds. So it's not like they can expect 4 or 5 rookies to step in this year especially if one of those picks is a back up LT that will be groomed.

So I see it as this is Demoff's year to step up and get creative without hamstringing them down the road.... easier said than done I know.

Keep as many as you can, maybe dump a few guys that don't fit, like Barron, who is maybe tradeable... and of course Austin. Might be enough to keep the rest of the FAs while adding a few Robey-Coleman type signings for this year.

I think due to how the draft looks like it might break that there will be a chance to trade down from #23 to either late 1st, early 2nd and pick up a 2nd rounder or a high 2nd and high 3rd.

If the guys they're probably targeting like Vea, Payne, Jackson and the Clemson OLBs and OLB Hubbard from OSU. If those guys are all gone (that would mean that some WRs are available and likely Baker Mayfield), then it works for the Rams to trade down and aggregate picks and go for guys like NT Tim Settle or OLB Dorrance Armstrong.

I mean, I'm all for hitting the homerun if Josh Jackson or Vea is still there, but if not, trade down and get either a high 2nd and/or high 3rd.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has a video or transcript of this showed up yet or do we just have to rely on a BSPN flunkies interpretation?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

View: https://twitter.com/vcsjoecurley/status/951201276284387328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%23951201276284387328

I know this sounds scary... but I actually like it!

Don't sit pat... always look to improve at every position... every one. Explore options... be fiscally responsible.

I think I trust that, for every position, Snead and McVay (and probably Phillips) will evaluate if there is any possible way to upgrade. I hope there are no sacred cows!

Rams had a simply outstanding season but still lost in that first game to an opponent who they were favored to beat at home.

Lots of reasons why... but...
Improve the skill set of the roster over this year, and you have a better chance to make it further next year.

They don't sound satisfied with the roster... they seem willing to make lots of changes if necessary.

If you trust their decision making, this is a good thing!

Go Rams 2018!!

WestCoastRam

Legend
At this point in time, the "franchise tag" for Sammy is a negotiating ploy. It always is until it's put on the table. I thought I read somewhere that there's a version of the tag that averages top 5 at the position and there's a version that averages top 10 at the position. I think top ten would knock the number down from 15 mil a year.

I'd really like to see the rams restructure Quinn's contract. The hope being he'll provide the kind of pass rush he was showing at the end of the season. I'm concerned without him we're pretty bare at an outside pass rush.