Les Snead spoke with the media today. These are some of the main talking points:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

View: https://twitter.com/alden_gonzalez/status/951205978015322112

View: https://twitter.com/alden_gonzalez/status/951200600229728256

View: https://twitter.com/alden_gonzalez/status/951201868910219264

View: https://twitter.com/alden_gonzalez/status/951203191302995968

From Gonzalez on ESPN:

Rams GM Les Snead spoke to the media for 40 minutes today. Some takeaways: The situation with CB Trumaine Johnson is fascinating. Snead said he can "definitely" see a scenario where he's back, and so can I, especially with Kayvon Webster recovering from a torn Achilles and no real depth behind him. They'll have to pay him like a top corner. ... If anything has changed with Aaron Donald's situation, he isn't saying. But Donald can't hold out as long as he did last year because he would delay his free agency by a year. ... Snead credited WR/RB Tavon Austin with the way he handled a limited role. Snead wouldn't say it, but it's hard to see him coming back. ... Still expect S Lamarcus Joyner to get an extension and WR Sammy Watkins to get tagged. ... If you bring back Johnson, Joyner and Watkins, and you extend Donald, then you get to a point where you think the Rams may have to consider cutting ties with OLB Robert Quinn and/or ILB Mark Barron, because the savings is significant.

TexasRam

Legend

There is no way to sign them all and if you get cute and try to lowball everyone you can lose more than a few.

I start with cutting Quinn since it saves the most. 11.5m I think. 8.5 sacks can be replaced easily by Longacre and some draft picks.

It Will be a long season in 2018 if we lose more than one of NRC, Joyner and Tru. I used to harp on Joyner but he is now my priority of the three.

He vast majority of Super Bowl teams in the last 4-5 years has great secondaries

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is no way to sign them all and if you get cute and try to lowball everyone you can lose more than a few.

I start with cutting Quinn since it saves the most. 11.5m I think. 8.5 sacks can be replaced easily by Longacre and some draft picks.

It Will be a long season in 2018 if we lose more than one of NRC, Joyner and Tru. I used to harp on Joyner but he is now my priority of the three.

He vast majority of Super Bowl teams in the last 4-5 years has great secondaries

Only thing with longacre is that he will be coming off late-season ending back surgery. No idea how he will bounce back from that. Just look at quinn’s last few seasons.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think one of Barwin or Quinn will be back, maybe both depending how they see FA breaking and if they can restructure Quinn or he simply takes a pay cut.

Remember they only have 3 picks in the 1st 4 rounds and now picking at the end of those rounds. So it's not like they can expect 4 or 5 rookies to step in this year especially if one of those picks is a back up LT that will be groomed.

So I see it as this is Demoff's year to step up and get creative without hamstringing them down the road.... easier said than done I know.

Keep as many as you can, maybe dump a few guys that don't fit, like Barron, who is maybe tradeable... and of course Austin. Might be enough to keep the rest of the FAs while adding a few Robey-Coleman type signings for this year.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Restructure Quinn
Trade Barron
Let Tru walk
Sign Sammy
Sign Joyner
Sign NRC

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I'd be banned for what I wanted to post here, but Trumaine Johnson's agent will likely need to do at least this to get him back on the Rams.

stressed-businessman-knees-his-praying-help-asking-why-30334547.jpg

Ram65

Legend
Right now Snead is being positive about all the players. Hopefully, he is not serious about tagging Watkins and overpaying TruJo.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Right now Snead is being positive about all the players. Hopefully, he is not serious about tagging Watkins and overpaying TruJo.

Where did he say anything about overpaying Tru? If Tru wants crazy money than I’m sure they will let him test the market.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
So when I was thinking "C'mon you just got knee'd in the thigh, get back in there!" I was a bit off?

Way off that injury looked nasty in slow-mo. Donald crashed into his knee really hard. It bent back unnaturally.

Ram65

Legend
Where did he say anything about overpaying Tru? If Tru wants crazy money than I’m sure they will let him test the market.

From Gonzalez on ESPN:

Rams GM Les Snead spoke to the media for 40 minutes today. Some takeaways: The situation with CB Trumaine Johnson is fascinating. Snead said he can "definitely" see a scenario where he's back, and so can I, especially with Kayvon Webster recovering from a torn Achilles and no real depth behind him. They'll have to pay him like a top corner. ... If anything has changed with Aaron Donald's situation, he isn't saying. But Donald can't hold out as long as he did last year because he would delay his free agency by a year. ... Snead credited WR/RB Tavon Austin with the way he handled a limited role. Snead wouldn't say it, but it's hard to see him coming back. ... Still expect S Lamarcus Joyner to get an extension and WR Sammy Watkins to get tagged. ... If you bring back Johnson, Joyner and Watkins, and you extend Donald, then you get to a point where you think the Rams may have to consider cutting ties with OLB Robert Quinn and/or ILB Mark Barron, because the savings is significant.

Paying him like a top CB is overpaying TruJo.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think we're picking 23rd in each round and not at the end of the round.

And there might be 4 or 5 quarterbacks picked before the can hopefully bump a good cornerback, ILB or nose tackle right to us.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
From Gonzalez on ESPN:

Paying him like a top CB is overpaying TruJo.

That’s Alden’s take. Let’s wait and see how it plays out.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I think we're picking 23rd in each round and not at the end of the round.

And there might be 4 or 5 quarterbacks picked before the can hopefully bump a good cornerback, ILB or nose tackle right to us.

I would love for Vita Vea to fall to us at #23.