Les Snead on SiriusXM Blitz: Expecting Jake Long for Week 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
St. Louis Rams GM Les Snead, joined “The SiriusXM Blitz” and talked about drafting Greg Robinson & Aaron Donald, the impact of drafting Michael Sam, and Michael Sam being embraced by the Rams organization. Snead expects Jake Long to be ready for Week 1.

Listen to Snead Talk Rams Draft

duckhunter

Starter
I'm a bit cautious here on Long's injury. I can't even spell docter.

The higher the Ram's build expectations for Jake Long, the bigger the disappointment for everyone if he doesn't meet those expectations.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm a bit cautious here on Long's injury. I can't even spell docter.

The higher the Ram's build expectations for Jake Long, the bigger the disappointment for everyone if he doesn't meet those expectations.

every year recovery times on ACLs get better. You also have Dr. Andrews practicing voodoo down there which adds on to the speedy recovery times.

I think Jake will be ready, barring any setbacks.

duckhunter

Starter
every year recovery times on ACLs get better. You also have Dr. Andrews practicing voodoo down there which adds on to the speedy recovery times.

I think Jake will be ready, barring any setbacks.

Yeah, I've been watching the progress of the medical community and, particularly Dr. Andrews, with ACLs. However, they do call it 'practicing' medicine and I do notice your 'yeah but-barring any setbacks.';)

69superbowl

Rookie
I'd been grumpy and pessimistic about the Jake Long situation, but Snead's comments give me hope that the Rams can be competitive in the early part of the season. Without JLong, I feel the Rams offense would be similar to the dink and dunk, three yards and a cloud of plastic shavings it was last year. A healthy QB and LT to start the year is encouraging. JLong, GRobinson, Wells/Jones, Saffold, Barksdale sounds pretty good right now. Now I can focus my grump on the safety situation...

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Yeah, I've been watching the progress of the medical community and, particularly Dr. Andrews, with ACLs. However, they do call it 'practicing' medicine and I do notice your 'yeah but-barring any setbacks.';)

For sure. The setbacks would alter his current time-line...yea? So if he stays on track he'll be ready by training camp.

duckhunter

Starter
For sure. The setbacks would alter his current time-line...yea? So if he stays on track he'll be ready by training camp.

This time of the year, fans are buyers of hopium. Rams are pounding the drums on Long being back and I'm concerned with the snowpack on the mountain. We've seen enough snowballs rolling down the hill to last a lifetime.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
This time of the year, fans are buyers of hopium. Rams are pounding the drums on Long being back and I'm concerned with the snowpack on the mountain. We've seen enough snowballs rolling down the hill to last a lifetime.

We might have had a lot of let down in the past. But please remind me of the last time That Fisher and Snead have outright lied to you in a similar situation to this?

duckhunter

Starter
Off the top of my head and I do realize they have to put a positive spin on it for the players, I wouldn't say outright lied. But to your point, Fisher was confused as the rest of us after the Rams laid an egg or two last year. If you want maybe exaggeration or whatever word is appropriate, the buildup or explanation of why they chose Quick with pick 33 would be a start. To date, that's not looking real hot.

Heck, everything is relative and no one is infallible. Last I knew if you cut Snisher they probably bleed like the rest of us.