Les Snead on draft preparation, Janrois Jenkins & more

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
The Les Snead World Tour continues... (101ESPN)

[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2013/02/02122013160805.mp3[/rp3]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/templates/audio_player.php?a=12816&type=s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/templates/audi ... 816&type=s</a>

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Snead will spend zero time on scouting QB's in free agency or the draft. Actions speak louder than words.

Very nice. Snead believes in Sam Bradford. Now that Sam doesn't have to learn a new language this year, he has the time to hone his own skills, and improve in areas that he knows he needs to improve.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
Snead will spend zero time on scouting QB's in free agency or the draft. Actions speak louder than words.

Very nice. Snead believes in Sam Bradford. Now that Sam doesn't have to learn a new language this year, he has the time to hone his own skills, and improve in areas that he knows he needs to improve.
Well, then, some will say he's not doing his job and it'll turn into a bash Snead movement. :neh:

Anyway. Did Devaney do this much personal scouting on his own? Or did he rely on his scouting dept? I can't really remember hearing much about him traversing the Country looking at players from small schools and whatnot like Snead does. Dude's a tireless scout in his own right, and I think that's pretty awesome.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:

Well, then, some will say he's not doing his job and it'll turn into a bash Snead movement. :neh:

Anyway. Did Devaney do this much personal scouting on his own? Or did he rely on his scouting dept? I can't really remember hearing much about him traversing the Country looking at players from small schools and whatnot like Snead does. Dude's a tireless scout in his own right, and I think that's pretty awesome.
I don't ever remember seeing Devaney at the combine, or talking so passionately about prospects. I think he let his team do a lot of the scouting. You can tell that Snead has a real passion for talking to and watching players personally.

It's interesting to hear him say, in a couple interviews now, that we decided to go after Jenkins early in the process. He was targeted.

I can't be more impressed from KD through the whole staff.

By reading and listening, I think my draft will be a changing. I'll be looking at more high ceiling game breakers. I think that I've been a little conservative. I won't be surprised if we draft an offensive and defensive lineman to "solve" those positions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

I don't ever remember seeing Devaney at the combine, or talking so passionately about prospects. I think he let his team do a lot of the scouting. You can tell that Snead has a real passion for talking to and watching players personally.

It's interesting to hear him say, in a couple interviews now, that we decided to go after Jenkins early in the process. He was targeted.

By reading and listening, I think my draft will be a changing. I'll be looking at more high ceiling game breakers. I think that I've been a little conservative. I won't be surprised if we draft an offensive and defensive lineman to "solve" those positions.
Yeah, these dudes are the balls. KD - Snead - Fish. Trifecta.

Interesting to hear Snead say (in one of these videos posted) that he was in on the scouting of Titus Young too. Ran him through all kinds of different routes, and found him to be a very eager and passionate football player. So, it's not necessarily a matter of the Rams taking a shot in the dark with Titus. Snead's been familiar with him for a while, and maybe this staff can be the catalyst for a resurgent career for Titutron.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Listening to Snead talk about the job he's doing,,, and then comparing it to what Billy D used to say.

Snead makes me feel like we have made a leap forward of about 29 light years.

I'm thinking that in the All-State TV commercial guy's voice too, btw.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
DR RAM said:

Yeah, these dudes are the balls. KD - Snead - Fish. Trifecta.

Interesting to hear Snead say (in one of these videos posted) that he was in on the scouting of Titus Young too. Ran him through all kinds of different routes, and found him to be a very eager and passionate football player. So, it's not necessarily a matter of the Rams taking a shot in the dark with Titus. Snead's been familiar with him for a while, and maybe this staff can be the catalyst for a resurgent career for Titutron.

He said they tried to wear him out, but couldn't.

This might sound weird, but in all my 40 years of being a fan, I don't think that I have ever had this much faith in the entire staff/ownership. If we nail this draft like we did the last one, and pull a solid starter/contributor in free agency, then we will be one #hellofateam to deal with going forward. Trending up my friends.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Listening to Snead talk about the job he's doing,,, and then comparing it to what Billy D used to say.

lol. In Pedro Cerrano's voice?

I kinda heard it in this voice:

[mp3]http://www.moviewavs.com/0039257685/MP3S/Movies/Anchorman_The_Legend_Of_Ron_Burgundy/wastheballs.mp3[/mp3]

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:

lol. In Pedro Cerrano's voice?

I kinda heard it in this voice:

[mp3]http://www.moviewavs.com/0039257685/MP3S/Movies/Anchorman_The_Legend_Of_Ron_Burgundy/wastheballs.mp3[/mp3]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9EBcNEKkcY[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjzVbSE7hfY[/youtube]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So I seem to remember some interviews with BD at the combine. Taking that as what it is, I was impressed with BD'd beer with the fans stuff but that end seems more appropriately handled by KD. Snead is focused on what is important to producing a winning team.

I remember how BD and Spags used to talk about what they were doing. While I liked them better than Linny and the clown show that he came on board with, there is absolutely no comparison to this regime. If yawlz remember, BD actually gave away WHO we were targeting in one of the drafts and someone traded up to get him. THAT is something I can't imagine these guys doing.

I am stoked like I can't remember to have these guys running our show.