Les Snead on Brian Quick: "I was thinking Vincent Jackson."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: Les Snead on Brian Quick: "I was thinking Vincent Jackso

GreeneCounty said:
jrry32 said:
I'm not ready to give up on BQ. He was very obviously not fully caught up mentally to the pro game. It's understandable coming out of a small school. A lot of small school WRs take a year or two to adjust to the NFL. I know of a really intelligent small school WR that did next to nothing as a rookie and ended up breaking out big time as a sophomore.

Jerry Rice
Reverend Ike.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

This begs the ? of who was his first choice?
Has to be Blackmon, right? but he was never was going to make it to the second. Could have traded back up for him.
Or was it one of the late 1st rd. WR picks? Jenkins? Wright?

BQ will be fine. Give the guy a offseason and another camp and let's see how much he improves.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I am less worried about Brian Quick... more worried about Isaiah Pead.

Based on what I see.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

X said:
GreeneCounty said:
jrry32 said:
I'm not ready to give up on BQ. He was very obviously not fully caught up mentally to the pro game. It's understandable coming out of a small school. A lot of small school WRs take a year or two to adjust to the NFL. I know of a really intelligent small school WR that did next to nothing as a rookie and ended up breaking out big time as a sophomore.

Jerry Rice
Reverend Ike.

Well, Bruce is one example of many but not the one that I was thinking of. :lmao:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

CGI_Ram said:

Based on what I see.

I feel the opposite, CGI. I feel like Pead has done well when on the field at HB during the season this year. Feel like Quick has had a lot of struggles at WR and disappeared a lot. Has made some great plays too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Based on what I see.

I feel the opposite, CGI. I feel like Pead has done well when on the field at HB during the season this year. Feel like Quick has had a lot of struggles at WR and disappeared a lot. Has made some great plays too.

There are a lot more examples of RB's coming in as rookies and succeeding than WR.

Pead looked like a guy with a lit stick of dynamite in his hands when he got his chances.

That said; I hope your right about him.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Based on what I see.

There are a lot more examples of RB's coming in as rookies and succeeding than WR.

Pead looked like a guy with a lit stick of dynamite in his hands when he got his chances.

There are. But did Pead really get a chance to? He was stuck behind one of the greatest HBs in our franchise's history and another rookie who played at a very high level.

While some might argue that Daryl Richardson getting those touches means that Pead failed...but to be fair, Richardson was averaging 5.0+ ypc for the majority of the year and his running style typically translates better than Pead's. I really want to see what Pead can do because I think he's a better weapon than people give him credit for. Keep in mind that he burnt Bowman(I believe) pretty badly against SF when he lined up at WR on a deep route and Sam missed him. Had a couple other plays where he was a decoy where teams gave him double coverage. As a runner, I thought he looked good once he did get on the field. Struggled in the preseason but when I saw him finally get PT in the regular season, I felt he was a lot more decisive and showed a lot of wiggle and good vision.

I think that this kid might be due. I'm hopeful that Quick will be as well. It's very hard for a small school WR to come in and catch up with the pro game immediately. The vast majority breakout in their second or third years.(of the ones that do succeed)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Based on what I see.

pead may take the cj spiller route in the nfl. his rookie year was similar to that of spiller, not numbers wise but in that it was underwhelming. spiller was a non factor in his second season until fred jackson got injured and then exploded when given the full workload. this year he was the most explosive rb in the league with the exception of all day peterson.

jamaal charles was similarly non existent in his rookie season.

some rbs explode onto the scene. some take time no matter where they are drafted.

F. Mulder

Starter

My biggest thing with Pead was early on he seemed to run too much East/West and actually ran too fast (didn't set up his blocks). I thought Richardson was better North/South and would make his one read/break and get to the second level better.

I'm not down on Pead either. I think he suffered from what some young backs do, a lack of patience. He then got behind Richardson and had a hard time recovering until later in the year. I think you could see a different looking back next year. I like what I saw of him late this past season.