Les Snead At Senior Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cory

UDFA
Not sure if this was posted but just came across this.

Les Snead has earned the reputation as a great wild card in matters concerning the NFL Draft.

Last year, the Rams moved up in the first round to land dynamic wide receiver Tavon Austin. In 2012, they dealt away the No. 2 overall pick (and the right to draft Robert Griffin III) to gain a small fortune of high-end draft picks.

What will Snead and the Rams do in 2014? St. Louis owns four draft picks in the first three rounds, including -- once again -- the No. 2 overall pick.

"It's a nice piece of real estate at 2, 13, 44, 75," Snead told NFL Network during Senior Bowl practice Friday. "So I think this week is part of the process of preparing to make the best out of those picks."

Snead clearly loves his "piece of real estate." He used the expression twice in his brief conversation with Mike Mayock, Charles Davis and Paul Burmeister. Asked about the competitive nature of the NFC West, Snead offered a hint where the Rams will focus in 2014.

"I think as you've seen in that division, one thing you better be able to do is play defense. Play tough defense," he said. "That's something you gotta feel -- that's stopping the run, that's harassing the QB."

The Jacksonville Jaguars are slotted directly behind theRams at No. 3. General manager David Caldwell said the Jaguars are also open to moving out of their pick -- although Caldwell said they could go in either direction.

"I don't think where we're standing right now that we're dead set on going in any one direction, whether it's trading up, trading back, staying where we are and picking," Caldwell said during Senior Bowl practices, via ESPN.com. "There's going to be a lot of options there with the third pick."

The only thing we should feel confident about at the top of the upcoming draft? The Houston Texansare picking first ... and they're not going anywhere.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-rams-have-nice-piece-of-real-estate-in-draft

Last edited by a moderator:

A55VA6

Legend
Thanks for posting. Always love listening to Les.

Atleast he knows a lot of us want Watkins :nau:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Do not question the hair ever!!! The hair and the 'stache rule all!!!!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ummm... Houston is sure fire not trading back? Well that's news to me.

fearsomefour

Legend
"I think as you've seen in that division, one thing you better be able to do is play defense. Play tough defense," he said. "That's something you gotta feel -- that's stopping the run, that's harassing the QB."

This is why I think the Rams are taking a DT with one of those top three picks....esp if a trade down happens.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

This is why I think the Rams are taking a DT with one of those top three picks....esp if a trade down happens.

Could also mean they go after a OLB like Barr or Mack who can rush the passer. Though having Hagemen or Donald would be awesome.

fearsomefour

Legend
Could also mean they go after a OLB like Barr or Mack who can rush the passer. Though having Hagemen or Donald would be awesome.
Well, I could see upgrading the one DT spot or OLB for sure, need depth at both DT and LB also. It will be interesting to see how they go about it. The Ds in the NFC West are just dynamic. Ogletree is going to prove to be star player.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Smokescreen be damned, if you listen closely, we do what we show we are inclined to do.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Well, I could see upgrading the one DT spot or OLB for sure, need depth at both DT and LB also. It will be interesting to see how they go about it. The Ds in the NFC West are just dynamic. Ogletree is going to prove to be star player.

I agree. And once Ogletree gets better in coverage, he will be amazing.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

on bailey - "he's a go to guy, qb friendly receiver". that's what i like to hear but that was obvious to anyone wasn't it.

playing in the nfc west - "play good defense, be able to run the football and in crucial moments, move the chains". added to the stop the run, get after the qb quote.

these are the two quotes i got most out of form this interview. what do they mean? i guess they will mean different things to different people.

moklerman

Warner-phile

on bailey - "he's a go to guy, qb friendly receiver". that's what i like to hear but that was obvious to anyone wasn't it.

playing in the nfc west - "play good defense, be able to run the football and in crucial moments, move the chains". added to the stop the run, get after the qb quote.

these are the two quotes i got most out of form this interview. what do they mean? i guess they will mean different things to different people.

That philosophy seems to put pass coverage down the list of priorities on defense. Which, if you think about it, is kind of how they did things.

tonyl711

Starter
honestly he didn't say anything to tip his hand in anyway, on playing in the NFC west he did nothing but state the obvious, as far as the draft he didn't say anything at all, the one thing he did do is give the rookies from last year their due and give Sam his vote of confidence. He has a good poker face and is holding a winning hand, lets just hope he finds someone willing to go all in again.