Leonard Fornette

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Was this guy the oldest high school senior ever? He already looks like he is approaching 30 years old in his Freshmen year of college.

Athos

Legend
Ha hahahah. I dunno but he's surely making it look like he's a 5 year NFL vet that went back to school.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Is this why everyones saying he should sit this year out? Not because he's already proved it all in College and the only thing that he can do now is get injured or drop off his production or rack up carries so his draft stock isn't as high - but because he's actually 30 years old?!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Three straight 200+ yard games. 228, 244, and 233. 864 total rushing yards and 11 td's so far in 4 games. Averaging 9.025 a carry. Guy is tearing it up. Not much in receiving(16 yards), but they don't really have a good QB. On pace for 2376 rushing yards and 30 td's(both would shatter the SEC records), and thats with their first game of the season being canceled.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, if we were to suppose that some schools are still paying big money to players/parents, like Auburn paid $80,000.00 to Cam Newtons dad, then making a decision to hold your highly athletic son back in school a few years, or even fudge his records before entering kindergarten could be a very profitable strategy. Just saying.

I wonder how bald he actually is. Did he just decide to shave his head or was he missing a lot of hair? Even when he had his signing day at first I thought it was a coach or someone walking to the table. I couldn't believe it when he sat down at the main seat.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Well, if we were to suppose that some schools are still paying big money to players/parents, like Auburn paid $80,000.00 to Cam Newtons dad, then making a decision to hold your highly athletic son back in school a few years, or even fudge his records before entering kindergarten could be a very profitable strategy. Just saying.

I wonder how bald he actually is. Did he just decide to shave his head or was he missing a lot of hair? Even when he had his signing day at first I thought it was a coach or someone walking to the table. I couldn't believe it when he sat down at the main seat.

Pretty sure he just shaves his head, then growing his beard out made him look older as well. But who knows, anything is possible.

Remember Greg Oden? Guy was drafted when he was 19 but looked 45 lol. Now that was bad.
nba_g_oden2_412.jpg

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I fully believe that they need to let up on the 3 year rule. Especially for running backs. My god they get less than 10 years to make their money and they are done. I think they should have an evaluation committee and if you can get evaluated as a 1st round talent, then u should be able to go pro.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3 years is still cutting it close. Sure there may be one kid here or there but the majority of kids arent physically ready.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I fully believe that they need to let up on the 3 year rule. Especially for running backs. My god they get less than 10 years to make their money and they are done. I think they should have an evaluation committee and if you can get evaluated as a 1st round talent, then u should be able to go pro.

Yeah. If they don't you're going to get some guys who are just going to sit out their final year simply because nothing good can come from playing it - especially as RBs. Say they've done everything - got great draft stock. Either they come back and don't do as well - fail. They get hurt - fail. They do as well as their previous year - still a fail because they've racked up more wear and tear through those carries. Once a guy has proved he's got ability - and he's physically ready to play in the big leagues I think they should let them. There might be very, very few physical freaks who are developed to be able to play in the NFL at that age - but one or two guys will be and if they're not allowed to play, their future and financial situation is being risked for really no reason. If they're not mentally ready then that's simply another factor they have to take into consideration and so does the prospect.