Left Guard

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I know some are optimistic about Rok Watkins' ability to come back off of the injury he had last year and win the starting LG spot, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I like Rok, but I'd prefer us drafting a LG to compete for the job with him. Williams and Smith are no locks either.

I really didn't do much research on guards outside of Warmack, Cooper, and Warford. I know there is a kid from James Madison-Earl Watford who's supposed to be pretty good. Does anyone have a list of guys you wouldn't mind seeing the Rams target in rounds 4-6 or guys who potentially go undrafted? Thanks!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Here you go, I posted this way earlier in another thread.

Sleeper UDFA type offensive lineman that have the bodies and movement skills to play in the NFL with the proper coaching. This is just a physical evaluation from my scouting the NFL Combine (not in order): Bahktieri, RT- feet, arm length, athleticism; Becton, RT/LT - huge, long arms, good feet and balance; Bond, RT/G - decent feet, long arms, massive size, fluid, but not a good bender; Cleary, RT - very long, OK feet, OK movement; Johnson - Webb, RT/LT - big, long arms, quick feet, good kick slide from both sides; Painter, RT - intriguing, good feet, smooth, better kick slide from right side, quick; Weaver, LT/RT - better kick slide from left, long, smooth, no false steps. Needs a little more depth on kick slides, but quick feet.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I like underdogs and a good one is Edmund Kugbila from my alma mater, Valdosta State University. He is 6'4" and 317ibs. NFL.com scores him at 52.

Another underdog I like is Sam Brenner, Utah, 6'4", 305ibs, with a 58.2 score.

In comparison, the highest rated OG left on the board is Matt Summers-Gavin, California, 6'4", 293ibs, with a 72.7 score.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams currently have three OG's third day draft picks signed & under contract now. Watkins (5th) Shelley Smith & Brandon Washington (both 6th rounders). Two of them did not benefit from a Ram Paul Boudreau Training Camp & Pre-Season. rok spent most of his TC on a bike just getting into football condition. So all three of them will get a real good soaking. Another OG candidate is Chris Williams he did not arrive here into well into the regular season. So do not count out this former OLT first round pick who Boudreau want to give him a try @ OG too.

With five OG's signed and on the roster presently, Snead & Fisher may want to see what turns up after competition this summer before bring in more third day prospects. It would surprise me if they do not select a OG in this draft. Now I would be surprised if we do not see a ORT taken tomorrow.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
BonifayRam said:
Rams currently have three OG's third day draft picks signed & under contract now. Watkins (5th) Shelley Smith & Brandon Washington (both 6th rounders). Two of them did not benefit from a Ram Paul Boudreau Training Camp & Pre-Season. rok spent most of his TC on a bike just getting into football condition. So all three of them will get a real good soaking. Another OG candidate is Chris Williams he did not arrive here into well into the regular season. So do not count out this former OLT first round pick who Boudreau want to give him a try @ OG too.

With five OG's signed and on the roster presently, Snead & Fisher may want to see what turns up after competition this summer before bring in more third day prospects. It would surprise me if they do not select a OG in this draft. Now I would be surprised if we do not see a ORT taken tomorrow.
Yes, I think a guy that can play tackle will be the priority pick, now, if THAT guy can also play guard, then I think he is the #1 priority pick.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
What's the deal with Barrett Jones? Why has he fallen? Seems like he could be a steal in the 4th round.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ramhusker said:
What's the deal with Barrett Jones? Why has he fallen? Seems like he could be a steal in the 4th round.

Injuries and average physical tools. I think he'll be a nice pick-up in the 4th. May not ever be elite but I think he's going to be a very solid player for a very long time. If his ankles and feet allow it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Not a huge Jones guy, but he has played every position on the o-line, and performed well at it.

Me...I wouldn't take him.

Slappy967

Starter
Honestly I am looking towards David Quessenberry, Barrett Jones, David Bakthiari to fill our Guard slot as they are utility O lineman who can fill most of our backup needs.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Slappy967 said:
Honestly I am looking towards David Quessenberry, Barrett Jones, David Bakthiari to fill our Guard slot as they are utility O lineman who can fill most of our backup needs.

Good trio there. I'd imagine at least one of them will be there for our 4th round pick.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'm more concerned about depth at center. Barnes is okay, but if is forced to start many games he could be a weak link.
I have no problem with Barrett Jones knowing his limitations.
We really need a guy that can be a capable backup at all the positions on the O-line to allow us more game day roster flexibility.

V3

Hall of Fame
I thought Barrett Jones was going to have to go on the PUP list? Will he be able to play this year?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
V3 said:
I thought Barrett Jones was going to have to go on the PUP list? Will he be able to play this year?

This is what I had read myself down here in Bamaville area. I think it moved away from Pup's to IR.