LE should probably be on the draft radar soon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Chris Long will be 30 years old at the start of next season. I'd have to believe that DE will become a need for us soon, as odd as that sounds. Is Westbrooks a future starter? I doubt it...he's probably a rotational player in the future.

Would it be wise to look at DEs in the next draft at in the first few rounds?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Never a bad time to upgrade the DL. If they can't score, they can't win. So yeah! ;)

Simba

Rookie
I think we can go with Aaron Donald in that position, if C.Long shows some problems.I mean, if we don't find anythink good in market.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
C.long is not a run of the mill 30 year old DE,with the high motor he plays with I think he will be fine for 3-4 more years.So I would not use a draft pick on that position for at least 3 years we have more glaring needs.

iced

I think Chris has 3 or 4 years left in him. I wouldn't spend a high pick on the position but i would definitely keep looking for gems after the 4th or 5th round

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Chris Long will be 30 years old at the start of next season. I'd have to believe that DE will become a need for us soon, as odd as that sounds. Is Westbrooks a future starter? I doubt it...he's probably a rotational player in the future.

Would it be wise to look at DEs in the next draft at in the first few rounds?
Really not a high priority. We need O-Line and LB help 1st!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
If Jared Allen is still playing, I don't see why CL91 couldn't replicate his career.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
C.long is not a run of the mill 30 year old DE,with the high motor he plays with I think he will be fine for 3-4 more years.So I would not use a draft pick on that position for at least 3 years we have more glaring needs.
I concur. DEs dont peak til late 20s and he's not your average DE he's got the speed and athletic ability to roll for at least 3 or 4 more years.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If the best player available within reason is a LE then the Rams should selcet a LE. IMO, this should no longer be an issue for any Rams fan after the Aaron Donald selection and performance.

iced

If the best player available within reason is a LE then the Rams should selcet a LE. IMO, this should no longer be an issue for any Rams fan after the Aaron Donald selection and performance.

that's true...Actually Aaron Donald should have gone higher, like Robert Quinn. Both fell for various reasons, but clearly some of the most talented

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I disagree with this while A.Donald was not an immediate need at the time his selection completed our front four.So we can now roll with Quinn,Brockers,Donald ,and Long for the next 3-4 years.If the best player available is a LE then we should trade down and pick another pick we have sandbagged the DL enough already.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I disagree with this while A.Donald was not an immediate need at the time his selection completed our front four.So we can now roll with Quinn,Brockers,Donald ,and Long for the next 3-4 years.If the best player available is a LE then we should trade down and pick another pick we have sandbagged the DL enough already.

The starting front 4 was already completed with Brockers & Langford at DT.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
When you're fixing a leaky boat, do you want to reinforce parts of the boat that are fine, or do you want to plug the leaks?

If some Aaron Donald-esque steal falls to us, then yes, take him. But DE should NOT be targeted early for some time to come.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Langford did perform well but I think we can both agree that he was not the long term answer. Donald is a player that does not come along very often so I agreed with and understood that pick.He truly completed the front line and in about 3 years or so we can get a LE to go with Donald,Quinn,and Brockers.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Langford did perform well but I think we can both agree that he was not the long term answer. Donald is a player that does not come along very often so I agreed with and understood that pick.He truly completed the front line and in about 3 years or so we can get a LE to go with Donald,Quinn,and Brockers.

No we can't agree given that Langford is younger than Long.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I disagree somewhat. I know you're a strong advocate of BPA no matter what. I'm an advocate of BPA in most situations :)
Neither DT(Brockers/Langford) was very dynamic in providing an interior pass rush. Their strengths were pretty similar. Run stuffing, clogging gaps.
Donald absolutely completed the front four IMO.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I disagree somewhat. I know you're a strong advocate of BPA no matter what. I'm an advocate of BPA in most situations :)
Neither DT(Brockers/Langford) was very dynamic in providing an interior pass rush. Their strengths were pretty similar. Run stuffing, clogging gaps.
Donald absolutely completed the front four IMO.

Chris Long's position can be upgraded as well as he isn't "dynamic" in providing a pass rush at LE.