LB Vic Beasley?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious - If none of the players (Winston, Mariota, White, Cooper, Scherff, etc) I am hoping the Rams can get in the upcoming Draft fall to them (The only player on that list that I think is possible is Scherff) do you think there is any possibility that the Rams would consider selecting LB Vic Beasley with their top pick? If the Rams go the position they need the most they will probably pick the best available offensive lineman but if they go the best player available I think Beasley could be that player. This guy just seems to be a pass rushing beast but I don't know how he holds up against the run and I don't know if he really fits the Rams Defense but I can only imagine the headaches he and Robert Quinn could give opposing QB's next season!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I don't really think he fits this defense hes a 3-4 DE but saying that I'm sure if they drafted him Williams would find a way to get him on the field. Hopefully if he were to fall to us maybe we could trade down and pick up an extra 2nd rounder.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He looks more like a 3/4 OLB. He is a bit light for DE.

I don't think it is likely that the Rams pick Beasley. However a few years ago it was not likely that a team would use a SS as the third LBer spot for most of the defensive plays. A year ago many questioned Aaron Donald's size on the DLine.

The biggest problem with the Rams taking Beasley to maybe replace Chris Long in the near future is his weight and ability to defend the run. Teams would look to bulldoze him. When Long came back last year and was not 100% healthy the last few teams ran right at him successfully.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. Only defensive player that I hope they consider in the first round is Leonard Williams. And that's just not happening; I wouldn't be surprised if a team decided to try to leapfrog Tennessee and Jacksonville just to get Williams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could see Gregg Williams utilizing him but I think this is one of those times where you trade down rather than taking a complete luxury. We need to go offense in Round 1.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Just curious - If none of the players (Winston, Mariota, White, Cooper, Scherff, etc) I am hoping the Rams can get in the upcoming Draft fall to them (The only player on that list that I think is possible is Scherff) do you think there is any possibility that the Rams would consider selecting LB Vic Beasley with their top pick? If the Rams go the position they need the most they will probably pick the best available offensive lineman but if they go the best player available I think Beasley could be that player. This guy just seems to be a pass rushing beast but I don't know how he holds up against the run and I don't know if he really fits the Rams Defense but I can only imagine the headaches he and Robert Quinn could give opposing QB's next season!

When I look at the. rams D and consider what will put it over the top, I continue to think star Free Safety, Shutdown Corner, and Big DT. Maybe Brockers improves and can scratch one of those off the list, but I don't feel he has played at an elite level at DT so far.

Preparing to replace James and Chris are not considered in this but those to moves are obvious needs in the very near future. I would have loved for Snead to get Mosley in the last draft. But you cannot land them all.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We could definitely use him. It's a different NFL now a days, he can be used like Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Bruce Irvin, Anthony Barr, all those pass rushers play 4-3 OLB. If there's anyone who can make it work, it's Gregg Williams. He'd be lethal on our team.

That being said, there's no way he makes it to 10, and even if he did there's no way we'd take him. We just don't have the luxury to do so, if we don't fix the offense line and the offense in general it doesn't matter if we can hold the opponent to 10 points, because we'll be lucky to score that much.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't rule it out. We need to fill all the voids in Free Agency...

Two OL

Hoyer at QB

LB (or keep Dunbar)

We do that, we can truly draft BPA. Have to remember that all scouts are going to see things differently....if Snisher sees Beasley as the best player in the entire draft and he falls to 10, then we should draft him. Need as it aligns with BPA seems to be the flavor of the draft nowadays, but I think we could use Beasley and we shouldn't rule him out as an option based on what fans perceive as "team needs".

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I look at the. rams D and consider what will put it over the top, I continue to think star Free Safety, Shutdown Corner, and Big DT. Maybe Brockers improves and can scratch one of those off the list, but I don't feel he has played at an elite level at DT so far.

Preparing to replace James and Chris are not considered in this but those to moves are obvious needs in the very near future. I would have loved for Snead to get Mosley in the last draft. But you cannot land them all.

I would say we only need one of those. Our defense played last year like a top 5 unit....and that's with several young players that will continue to get better. There's a chance that our guys progressing will put them over the top. I personally think we are a great MLB away from being the best D in the NFL....but I think a star FS would do the trick too.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't rule it out. We need to fill all the voids in Free Agency...

Two OL

Hoyer at QB

LB (or keep Dunbar)

We do that, we can truly draft BPA. Have to remember that all scouts are going to see things differently....if Snisher sees Beasley as the best player in the entire draft and he falls to 10, then we should draft him. Need as it aligns with BPA seems to be the flavor of the draft nowadays, but I think we could use Beasley and we shouldn't rule him out as an option based on what fans perceive as "team needs".

Even with two OLs and Hoyer(who sucks) from free agency, this team still needs to draft offense in the first round.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even with two OLs and Hoyer(who sucks) from free agency, this team still needs to draft offense in the first round.

I agree.

But there's not much better than Hoyer out there, and he's proven that he can win games (which is all you can really ask out of a backup QB).

And I'm just pointing out that as a GM, you shouldn't pass on someone you think could be a superstar because you "need" offense.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree.

But there's not much better than Hoyer out there, and he's proven that he can win games (which is all you can really ask out of a backup QB).

And I'm just pointing out that as a GM, you shouldn't pass on someone you think could be a superstar because you "need" offense.

You should when there are star offensive players and/or great trade down offers. Either way, won't matter because Beasley falling to #10 is highly unlikely.

Shaun Hill is better than Hoyer.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I want to say no at 10. But he might be one of those guys that really catch the eyes of the Rams. They talk about play makers etc. They could see him that way.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
it would just depend on who else is still n the board and what kind f trade offers were there. I would not rule anyone in the top 25 on the big board out at 10 there are just too many variables to guess at.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't really think he fits this defense hes a 3-4 DE but saying that I'm sure if they drafted him Williams would find a way to get him on the field. Hopefully if he were to fall to us maybe we could trade down and pick up an extra 2nd rounder.
I completely agree, Williams isn't a 'Purist' when it comes to his 4-3. And to get an extra 2nd rounder or more would be great!!(y)(y)

No. Only defensive player that I hope they consider in the first round is Leonard Williams. And that's just not happening; I wouldn't be surprised if a team decided to try to leapfrog Tennessee and Jacksonville just to get Williams.
I, respectfully, have to disagree. their are several other defensive players well worth our taking at the 10 spot, Dante Flowers Jr., Shane Rey, Paul Dawson, and Tre Waynes just to name a few.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I, respectfully, have to disagree. their are several other defensive players well worth our taking at the 10 spot, Dante Flowers Jr., Shane Rey, Paul Dawson, and Tre Waynes just to name a few.

Disagree entirely with Dawson and Waynes. Waynes is borderline first; Dawson may even slip to the third. Ray and Fowler Jr. both fit more as 3-4 ends, and I'm not a fan of taking a linebacker who will barely ever see the field in our base 4-2-5 (Beasley). You could plug Williams in right away at left end/defensive tackle, and he'd succeed Long the very next year.

Of course, Big Cat is nothing more than a desperate wish; he has a great shot at being the number one overall pick.