LB Tavarius Wilson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious if anyone thinks UDFA Tavarius Wilson has a chance on making the Rams final roster this season. I realize he played at a smaller college but the videos I have seen of him are pretty impressive. Although, he is a little smaller (shorter) than most NFL LB's at 5'11" he does weigh around 240lbs and he looked very instinctive and active on the tapes I watched of him. He also seemed to be a very reliable tackler and blitzer which could help him in the Gregg Williams defenses.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
They did give him one of the two biggest signing bonuses of all the UDFAs so I bet they think he has a chance to stick. LBer depth is not great either. Ray Ray and Bates are the top guys right now and some here think Wilson can unseat both.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Just curious if anyone thinks UDFA Tavarius Wilson has a chance on making the Rams final roster this season. I realize he played at a smaller college but the videos I have seen of him are pretty impressive. Although, he is a little smaller (shorter) than most NFL LB's at 5'11" he does weigh around 240lbs and he looked very instinctive and active on the tapes I watched of him. He also seemed to be a very reliable tackler and blitzer which could help him in the Gregg Williams defenses.

I seem to recall a a very short LB with a first name ...London or something like that ....I think he played two seasons or was that two decades?

Tavarius Wilson (y)

They did give him one of the two biggest signing bonuses of all the UDFAs so I bet they think he has a chance to stick. LBer depth is not great either. Ray Ray and Bates are the top guys right now and some here think Wilson can unseat both.

Who was the biggest?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I seem to recall a a very short LB with a first name ...London or something like that ....I think he played two seasons or was that two decades?

Tavarius Wilson (y)
I was going to post on Fletcher and Wilson! Dumb move letting him get away!

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tavarius Wilson (y)

I was thinking of London Fletcher while I was watching the tapes of Wilson. If he can turn out to be anything like Fletcher the Rams will be very, very fortunate!

FRO

Legend
Ethan Westbrooks, I think
Who plays DE. He and Sam will be battling in camp. I don't know if we keep 5 DEs, but with Simms and Hayes in walk years it may be smart to start developing guys now.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
There was a 5'11" 230 pound LB that played here in D2 that did alright in the NFL, 15 years, pro bowls, etc. His name was Jessie Tuggle. So yeah a shorter LB out of a smaller school can make it pretty well in the NFL.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think he has a great chance. Outside of the starting 3 and Ray-Ray...not sure you really have much depth as it stands.

Memphis Ram

Legend
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/team-report-st-louis-rams-205339358--nfl.html

Of the total spent, $62,500 went for four players: Defensive tackleEthan Westbrooks, $20,000; wide receiver Austin Franklin, $17,500; cornerback Marcus Roberson, $15,000; and tight endAlex Bayer, $10,000. The Rams strongly targeted six players when the draft ended and got five. The next highest bonus of $6,000 went to running back Trey Watts. Westbrooks also had $30,000 of his 2014 base salary guaranteed.

Linebacker Aaron Hill and tackle Abasi Salimu each got a $2,000 bonus. Cornerback Jarrid Bryant, defensive tackle Deantre Harlan, fullback Kadeem Jones, McCray and wide receiver Jamaine Sherman each received $1,000. Safety Avery Cunningham and linebackers Johnny Millard and Tavarius Wilson did not receive a bonus.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Will he be the next Rams' UDFA legend to endear himself to the hearts of the Rams faithful? One can only hopes his rise to the top is as glorious as that of Thad Lewis.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ethan Westbrooks, I think

Yes Westbrooks was the biggesting signing bonus at 30G and Wilson was at 20G. So they must have really wanted to give those two guys a look in camp to throw some extra cash at them to coax them to come in.