LB Jarvis Jones visiting rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Don't count out that dude we signed last year coming out of college... he tore his acl or something? The dude that ran into Pharoh Cooper, drawing an illegal hit.... Not because of that, but the dude is a BEAST!
You're talking about Brian Randolph...the Rhino...He's a safety....LOL

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Jarvis Jones might be a good fit on the outside left/strong side LB'er post.The 27 yr old 6-3 248 former edge LB'er could greatly benefit from Wade Phillips type pf scheme.

I am leaning that Donald & Brockers will be the starting 34 DE's.I would not be surprised if Snead found some under the radar pass rushing UFA NT's. Then later in May draft a future starter @ NT. Any of the four main DL'ers of Donald, Easley, Brockers, Westbrooks. Brockers is sure to see the NT post in some pass rush schemes. I just think that the duo of Brockers & Donald as starting DE's for Wade is an outstanding plan with Easley & Westbrooks being very strong reliefs.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Jones isn't a good overall player, but he can be a good role player. If the Rams sign him, they aren't signing him for his pass rush prowess.

I'm saying that they align a little differently than you had it. I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, just nitpicking.

However, I'm not sold that Easley will be starting. If you look at how he did things in Denver, Brockers makes more sense as the strong side DE.(Derek Wolfe) He likes to have a bigger, more powerful guy there to protect the ILB behind him. And I expect if we use Barron as that ILB, he'll want to protect him with a bigger DL.(which means that the strong side DE will be attacking the B Gap more often)

If that were the case, I'm surprised that they didn't pursue Poe on a 1yr prove it deal and Draft the position. NT is a tough position to get right and it takes a few years for them to get up to speed. I'm always surprised that they are as undervalued as they are because when the NT isn't solid in a 3-4, that D is gonna constantly get gashed with inside runs.

Also, glad Jones signed elsewhere. I want Connor Barwin although there may be someone else they are eyeing.