LB James Laurinaitis retires at age 30

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Thanks for putting your heart and soul out there JL. You were one of the few bright spots within some dark years.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Whenever he made a sweet play for us I'd scream... "Looks like you got a bad case of Laurinaitis!!! Bitch"

He's a real CLASS ACT.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
You guys are some class acts.

I was actually planning on saying something kind of negative about Laurinaitis...
.... but he was a 100% effort player no doubt.

Good luck with your retirement James.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Respect for my Rams players....retire at 30 too?Winning!!!

Can we get him to come coach now????

And No...he wasn't better than Rey Maluaga....they were about the same.

Ram65

Legend
Good luck JL55! Always ready to play and guide the defense. Wish all the Rams shared his intensity.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

I disagree. I actually wanted Maualuga that draft and was disappointed we got JLau, but soon was glad we got him instead. I won't say JLau was a ton better than Rey, but hewas better IMO, even if not by much.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I disagree. I actually wanted Maualuga that draft and was disappointed we got JLau, but soon was glad we got him instead. I won't say JLau was a ton better than Rey, but hewas better IMO, even if not by much.

The only statistic where Maualuga beat JL was with forced fumbles, JL had him big time on interceptions, sacks & tackles. Even better, Iron Man James Laurinaitis never missed a game throughout his career with the Rams.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Thank you for your commitment to excellence has a Ram! You were and always will be held in high regard. Enjoy retirement. I hope you find meaning beyond the field. It is not easy to do so but it is a worthy pursuit nonetheless.

:rockon:

jjab360

Legend

He was absolutely better than Maualuga lol and by a fairly decent margin, production wise and especially when you consider what he did for this team as a leader.

I wish him well in whatever step he takes next in his career, though I'm sure he'll be succesful whatever he decides to do.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Can anybody tell me how someone can make 869 tackles in their career and not get one forced fumble?

I think I'm correct that he didn't get one forced fumble in his entire career?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Can anybody tell me how someone can make 869 tackles in their career and not get one forced fumble?

I think I'm correct that he didn't get one forced fumble in his entire career?

869 bad angles ?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Class act while wearing the horns! Much respect to JL in his future adventures.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

You just continue your fast jump in the deep end with your player evaluations. Though we shouldn't take anybody seriously who considers Quick a good WR I guess all your player comments are to be taken with a grain of salt :p

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Goddammit I get attached to some of these guys.
One of my all time favorite players.

JL, if you're reading this, thanks for leading our D while I drank beer and screamed at the TV.

Enjoy life after football.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I still remember the play where he stripped Kaelernick on the QB sneak at the goal line to win the game. He just played so intelligent and had a good feel for what the offense was throwing at us. He was the leader of a scary Rams defense for a long time. Forever a Ram.

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of my all time faves ... wasn't flashy ..humble.. humble and made the guys around him better

I'll never foget a play where him and peyton manning were making pre snap audibles and if I remember right we picked him off

Enjoy retirement JL

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You guys are some class acts.

I was actually planning on saying something kind of negative about Laurinaitis...
.... but he was a 100% effort player no doubt.

Good luck with your retirement James.
This board is a class act.
"Act accordingly..."
download (1).jpg

TexasRam

Legend
I remember our Run defense was so horrible before he arrived. Once he got here the bleeding stopped. We became a tough team to run on in his prime years. And the dude was never injured. Towards the end he had some rough games in a span of about 2 years. But anyone that looks back on JL55's legacy as anything less than a solid smart dependable run stopping MLB is Distorting Ram History.