LB James Laurinaitis retires at age 30

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good luck to the fella.

Psycho_X

Legend
Class act, got a lot of flak from some but he was solid for his career until the injuries started adding up. I thank him for the 110% he always gave to St. Louis.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Enjoy your retirement JL, and thank YOU for giving the Rams 110%. I never saw you take a play off, and I appreciate that. :help:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good luck to you JL will always remember your dedication, work ethic and your talents. Hope to see you in a commentary role or coaching one day.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
He's the all time leader in tackles for the Rams isn't he?

Very intelligent player who was the DC on the field.

Good luck to him.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
"All the Best" JL, you are a warrior and a leader. Stay healthy and enjoy retirement.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Sad day for me. My favourite player to ever wear a Rams uniform. Enjoy your retirement James!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was a good player that played smart....We got his best, and for that, much respect!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Good luck to you JL will always remember your dedication, work ethic and your talents. Hope to see you in a commentary role or coaching one day.
JL was great! A real Team Leader who gave 1010%! Sad to see him retire! I would love for the Rams to sign him for a Day so he can Retire a Ram!!
I think he belongs in the Broadcast Booth next! IF Romo can get a gig with CBS, JL should be on NFLN!!(y) Best wishes James!!(y):D

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Was a great player and great ram. Real shame he declined so fast and so young. At least he enjoyed it and made an impact and gets to walk away healthy. Best of luck in the future Animal Jr!!!!!!!!! You will always be part of the Ram family!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
*Ring Ring*
JL: Hello?
Vince McMahon: Hello, Little Animal. I heard you retired. How about adding some spikes to those pads?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The Rams had a choice to make with that 2'nd round pick back in 2009, would it be James Laurinaitis or Rey Maualuga ? Both highly rated, and I recall how divided the forum was on the choice. Turns out the Rams got it right, JL was the superior player. James may have faded a bit quicker than expected, admittedly I became somewhat of a critic following his 2013 season, but Rey was also struggling around that time and he never had James' impact imo. James Laurinaitis was all Ram, both he and his buddy Chris Long will be remembered for giving it their all at a time when the organization didn't get much else right. jmo.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good luck in your future endeavors, JL!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I tweeted him to say thanks, and gave him this link...So he knows what you're saying (most likely)

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Cheers JL you were always a beast on the field and a leading example off field.
Enjoy your retirement!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I might have had questions about his ability to be a great MLB, but I will never question whether he put out 100% every single time he strapped his hat on..I hope he enjoys the fruits of his labor in retirement...

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Enjoy retirement JL55, always appreciated his hard work. Just dropped production once teams figured out that he operates physically past the line of scrimmage but watching him get into a presnap war against Manning in 2014 was a sight to behold.