LB Jack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One thing brought up before was that he didn't have a whole lot of tape, and that the smaller sample size along with the injury could keep him from going as high as the media types have had him in their mocks (consistent top 5). Now it seems there are rumors regarding his knee and in the linked MOCK he is on the board until 29.

I think that's nuts, personally. I see him as one of those guys Fish will be insanely high over, too, so it's going to be hard for Fish to pass on him if he's on the board at 15 regardless of team need. Definite wildcard for the Rams if he goes in that range.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One thing brought up before was that he didn't have a whole lot of tape, and that the smaller sample size along with the injury could keep him from going as high as the media types have had him in their mocks (consistent top 5). Now it seems there are rumors regarding his knee and in the linked MOCK he is on the board until 29.

I think that's nuts, personally. I see him as one of those guys Fish will be insanely high over, too, so it's going to be hard for Fish to pass on him if he's on the board at 15 regardless of team need. Definite wildcard for the Rams if he goes in that range.

The Rams need insurance at LBer. But if they drafted him in round 1 it would be to start and that doesn't sound like the Rams plans this year ( I hope they change those plans, because I don't think it will work out). Sitting a first round pick for much of the season usually doesn't happen very often.

Besides that his injury is a bit scary.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
The Rams need insurance at LBer. But if they drafted him in round 1 it would be to start and that doesn't sound like the Rams plans this year ( I hope they change those plans, because I don't think it will work out). Sitting a first round pick for much of the season usually doesn't happen very often.

Besides that his injury is a bit scary.

If the Rams could draft Myles Jack at #15, he would immediately become a starter, if not the MLB, then at WLB.

I'm not worried about his knee. As of the Combine, he was 2 weeks short of being cleared for all football related drills.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If the Rams could draft Myles Jack at #15, he would immediately become a starter, if not the MLB, then at WLB.

I'm not worried about his knee. As of the Combine, he was 2 weeks short of being cleared for all football related drills.

Hasn't he had other injuries in his career? And if in the unlikely event that he fell to the Rams they wouldn't install him at MLB right away IMO. At least not until he proves to be able to run the defense. Or Ogletree proves not to be able. It gets awkward if Barron gets moved back to back up then after they told him he would start....especially if another team(s) wanted him to start for them.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If the Rams have WSLB'er Mark Barron signed up for a good while along with Ogletree & Ayers I sure do not see a need for a starting LB'er to enter the scene @ #15 but I could see a 4th round pick being used for a MLB'er like Wright. With serious Holes & concerns @ DE & a the all important 3rd DT it sure would look like a LUXURY for a loosing team. Add to the fact the Rams have three decent reserves in Bates/Hager/Lynch too. That #15 pick needs to be used for a QB or a DL'er period.

I read the banging of the drums for offensive talent but see no WR/TE worthy of that pick yet. When Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell Pro Day might change that some but he does have a history much on the negative side .i.e ....false starts, Speed is average, no 2nd gear vertically which permits DB's to gain, route running under construction, focus issues & drops, play style leads to penalties, unsportsmanlike penalties & many other areas then he does have medical red flag issues in 2014. but I am sure most will just disregard those warnings & pedal to the metal stuff like every other draft time for the flashy new offensive play toy.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Rams have WSLB'er Mark Barron signed up for a good while along with Ogletree & Ayers I sure do not see a need for a starting LB'er to enter the scene @ #15 but I could see a 4th round pick being used for a MLB'er like Wright.

Agreed Bonifay. But if the early returns on this FA period are any indication, these guys are looking at stupid-level pay days. Any of these guys who hits the FA market is gonna be gone. IMO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Agreed Bonifay. But if the early returns on this FA period are any indication, these guys are looking at stupid-level pay days. Any of these guys who hits the FA market is gonna be gone. IMO.

That's one of the very big reasons Merlin, I am against giving up our grouped up precious & priceless valuable Ram draft selections now & in the future to move up for a unknown QB today. I am a big believer in buyers beware of paying out big for these UFA's. I recall very few UFA's that have worked out for the Rams. I can easily recall all the failures & struggle to name the Non failures.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams need to throw the house at the offense.

We

Need

To

Score

We've got 4 years of data to demonstrate defense alone won't win >8 games with this regime.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
If the Rams have WSLB'er Mark Barron signed up for a good while along with Ogletree & Ayers I sure do not see a need for a starting LB'er to enter the scene @ #15 but I could see a 4th round pick being used for a MLB'er like Wright. With serious Holes & concerns @ DE & a the all important 3rd DT it sure would look like a LUXURY for a loosing team. Add to the fact the Rams have three decent reserves in Bates/Hager/Lynch too. That #15 pick needs to be used for a QB or a DL'er period.

I read the banging of the drums for offensive talent but see no WR/TE worthy of that pick yet. When Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell Pro Day might change that some but he does have a history much on the negative side .i.e ....false starts, Speed is average, no 2nd gear vertically which permits DB's to gain, route running under construction, focus issues & drops, play style leads to penalties, unsportsmanlike penalties & many other areas then he does have medical red flag issues in 2014. but I am sure most will just disregard those warnings & pedal to the metal stuff like every other draft time for the flashy new offensive play toy.

That's like saying don't draft Aaron Donald because we already 2 starting DT''s under contract, or don't draft Todd Gurley because we already have Tre Mason.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That's like saying don't draft Aaron Donald because we already 2 starting DT''s under contract, or don't draft Todd Gurley because we already have Tre Mason.
You can not attach any such statements to me. But I do recall the only member that was banging the drum on Todd Gurley before the draft was MemphisRam. I wanted a OL'er & I ended up getting four of them so I was very happy and far from being disappointed.

Greggs base defense spends most of the time with only two Lb'ers on the field. I would then argue that Gregg also favors just one LB'er in their Dime unless there was a Barron type player....Just where do you want a top 15 first round Lber to sit on the bench at? Next to Akeem Ayers & Alec Ogletree when Gregg goes to his Dime?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I think you pick BPA in round one. If Jacks the guy pick him or trade down. Pick him to play Mike, move Tree back to Will and Barron as big nickel or even full time safety if we lose McLeod (although that does kind of mean we've got two SS's rather than a center fielder).

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
You can not attach any such statements to me. But I do recall the only member that was banging the drum on Todd Gurley before the draft was MemphisRam. I wanted a OL'er & I ended up getting four of them so I was very happy and far from being disappointed.

Greggs base defense spends most of the time with only two Lb'ers on the field. I would then argue that Gregg also favors just one LB'er in their Dime unless there was a Barron type player....Just where do you want a top 15 first round Lber to sit on the bench at? Next to Akeem Ayers & Alec Ogletree when Gregg goes to his Dime?

I got 2 of the top 4 last year :headexplosion:

image.jpg