LB Daryl Smith update?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Does anyone have any news/rumors on any updates on if the Rams are still interested in signing FA LB Daryl Smith! Even with the drafting of Alex Ogletree I still think Smith would be a great addition to the Rams Defense!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
paceram said:
Does anyone have any news/rumors on any updates on if the Rams are still interested in signing FA LB Daryl Smith! Even with the drafting of Alex Ogletree I still think Smith would be a great addition to the Rams Defense!
There's a thread on RamsTalk that the Rams signed him, but it was based on rumor, that's all that I know

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, I thought he might be a good fit here.

He's had a durable career until the groin injury. Either he's got a questionable physical or all parties are waiting the market out.

A55VA6

Legend
I don't think we'll sign him.. but it'd be a nice veteran presence

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not really sure that he would be much of a need here now. A 31 yr old Strong side Lb'er is not a real hot desire for most of the NFL. DS received zero interest from other NFL teams until the Rams called.

He is coming off a season where he deal'd with a serious groin injury with only seeing the field in two games in 2012.His past 8 seasons he was like made of steal missing only four games.

Fisher has signed a big cadre of STRONG side LB'ing prospects besides the 1st round hit on OLB Alec Ogletree, there is second yr guy Sammy Brown, Josh Hull who has three Ram TC & pre seasons under his belt, sleeper thumpper Joseph LeBeau, Phillip Steward, large Jonathan Stewart & fast Jabara Williams. That's seven good young prospects LeBeau & Stewart are serious hitters!

Unless DS wants to come in here & hook up & earn a back up position at a base rate see ya!

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BonifayRam said:
Not really sure that he would be much of a need here now. A 31 yr old Strong side Lb'er is not a real hot desire for most of the NFL. DS received zero interest from other NFL teams until the Rams called.

He is coming off a season where he deal'd with a serious groin injury with only seeing the field in two games in 2012.His past 8 seasons he was like made of steal missing only four games.

Fisher has signed a big cadre of STRONG side LB'ing prospects besides the 1st round hit on OLB Alec Ogletree, there is second yr guy Sammy Brown, Josh Hull who has three Ram TC & pre seasons under his belt, sleeper thumpper Joseph LeBeau, Phillip Steward, large Jonathan Stewart & fast Jabara Williams. That's seven good young prospects LeBeau & Stewart are serious hitters!

Unless DS wants to come in here & hook up & earn a back up position at a base rate see ya!

Good Points! I think Smith would be a really good short-term (2-3 years) asset but the Rams might want to go with the younger players for the long-term.

nighttrain

Legend
BonifayRam said:

WE have Hagan & McIntosh for vet presence and our roster is at 90. were set to start
train