LB Bowman Released...signs with Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Interesting, not sure how he'd fit here. Only off the top of my head thing I can think of that'd work is if we traded Barron to someone and signed Bowman to replace. But Mark Barron's dead money from releasing or trading is astronomical at $20 million last time I looked so that doesn't work. And I don't think Bowman would be a fit at olb'er. Sooooo, don't think signing him would work for us since Barron and Ogeltree's deals have pretty much handcuffed us to them for the foreseeable future.

I believe its closer to 15m dead money but 9m is for this year which is a roster bonus so its already paid. so either way that money is already accounted for and on the cap. so if they viewed bowman as a barron replacement, salary cap wise it would be like bowman is getting paid barrons money (obviously + whatever bowman signs for).

point being the dead money isnt as bad as it seems cuz its already accounted for and wouldnt hinder the team/cap situation any further this year, just the additional dead money that would be accounted for next year, which would happen if they were to move on from him at the end of the year anyway

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
ahhhhh, this
WE NEED TO RIOT!!!
angry.gif
eek.gif
dazed.gif
down.gif
lock.gif
ban2.gif
rulez.gif
nono.gif
evil.gif
tapedshut.gif
unbelievable.gif
facepalm.gif
dunce.gif
violin.gif
scared2.gif
chuck.gif
paddle.gif
box.gif
dance.gif
bash.gif
bash2.gif
boom.gif
slap.gif
wallbash.gif
cursin.gif
flingcomp.gif
flush.gif
surrender.gif
blahblah.gif
pinocchio.gif
quoties.gif
ninja.gif
mustache.gif
ohsnap.gif
fail.gif
omg.gif
wtf.gif
stop.gif
ban.gif
mods.gif
bye.gif
irate.gif
tmi.gif

----------
I'm sorry. REALLY. I'm sorry. BUT THIS? THIS IS F***ING RIDICULOUS.

train

So you had to repost that mess? Oops, so did I. :fuelfire:

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Tree and Bowman in the middle is an upgrade no matter what they would do with Barron. They could try him at SS they are already banged up there and he might be better there than Davis.

I think the bonus is pissing off niner fans and what he would do against them twice a ear for 2 or 3 years.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
One of the better inside linebackers we've seen last several years, however I have two simple notes:

-Where would we stick him, with Barron next to the newly extended Tree? There's nowhere to put Barron and a trade seems highly unlikely...

-I remember during a nationally televised game a couple years ago (after that bad knee injury) that Bowman is now permanently impaired by the injury off the field and that he has to go through strenuous efforts to maintain the flexibility on the knee to be able to play. For a 29 year old player, he's suffered some serious bumps and bruises.

If, a big IF, we can attract him, it would have to be for a one or two year max deal.

I don't personally see it happening, but I wouldn't be the least bit sad if it did!!! C'mon down!!!!!!!

Debacled

Starter
Bowman has played like a shell of his former self this year.

Question to ask is of course is it due to the switch to the 4-3 or is it the injuries catching up with him? That was one gnarly knee injury and Achilles injuries are difficult to come back from. The fact they couldn't find a trade partner speaks volumes I think.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Bowman has played like a shell of his former self this year.

Question to ask is of course is it due to the switch to the 4-3 or is it the injuries catching up with him? That was one gnarly knee injury and Achilles injuries are difficult to come back from. The fact they couldn't find a trade partner speaks volumes I think.

well a trade involves taking on his high salary. hes reportedly expected to find a team so theres some interest out there

Flint

Pro Bowler
Why would you release an all pro lb in the middle of the season, especially when his contract isn't coming up? Wasn't he hurt last year? Doesn't add up.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Why would you release an all pro lb in the middle of the season, especially when his contract isn't coming up? Wasn't he hurt last year? Doesn't add up.

They are tanking the season so they can get their QB of the future.

Trust the Process...

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They are tanking the season so they can get their QB of the future.

Trust the Process...
Please let them draft one of these QBs. I'm not a fan of any of them and I'm not sure why kirk would want to end his career on a 1-15 team

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Please let them draft one of these QBs. I'm not a fan of any of them
3 or 4 of these kids are gonna be trouble the next couple years...Rosen is the real deal...so is Darnold....and I'm thinking Faulk is solid too...

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3 or 4 of these kids are gonna be trouble the next couple years...Rosen is the real deal...so is Darnold....and I'm thinking Faulk is solid too...
I'm not a fan of them. They've actually left a bit of a sour taste in people's mouths as of late . But the draft process is a long one

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...vorro-bowman-trade-expected-to-visit-raiders/

Reports: Saints pursued NaVorro Bowman trade, expected to visit Raiders
Posted by Josh Alper on October 15, 2017

851118314-e1508070118181.jpg

Getty Images

Linebacker Navorro Bowman is a free agent after being released by the 49ers on Friday, but there was reportedly a trade on the table before the team decided to release him.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the 49ers had agreed to trade Bowman to the Saints for a seventh-round pick. Before the trade was completed, however, Schefter reports that the Saints learned Bowman’s preference was to become a free agent and the deal did not move forward.

It’s not clear if that’s because Bowman said he wouldn’t report to New Orleans, but it was apparently enough for the 49ers to shift gears and cut Bowman loose.

Now that he’s free, Bowman can take a short trip to meet with one suitor. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Bowman is expected to visit the Raiders as he looks for a team for the rest of the 2017 season.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Week 5 Rams still among NFL's worst run defenses

Through five games, it’s been a struggle defensively for the Los Angeles Rams. Outside of facing an abysmal Colts offense in Week 1, and limiting the Seahawks to just 241 total yards on Sunday, the Rams’ defense has not been good.It ranks 23rd in points and 20th in yards allowed, while the offense is second and fifth in those departments, respectively. So what’s been the biggest culprit in the Rams’ defensive struggles? Stopping the run, which they’ve been unable to do.

Despite the fact that Seattle only rushed for 62 yards on 25 attempts, the Rams are still one of the worst teams when it comes to playing the run. After five games, Los Angeles has surrendered 668 yards on 148 attempts, an average of 4.5 yards per carry. That’s a half-yard more than the Rams are averaging per carry on offense, which is troublesome. No team in the NFL has allowed more rushing touchdowns than the Rams (seven), and only five have given up more yards on the ground. Remember, this is all after they shut down the Seahawks, which means Los Angeles ranked even further down the list prior to Week 5.

On the bright side, it’s good to see the Rams are improving in that department, even if it was against a team with a terrible running game and an even worse offensive line. One week after allowing the Cowboys to rush for 189 yards, the Rams clogged up running lanes with the likes of Aaron Donald and Michael Brockers.Mark Barron and Alec Ogletree have also played better in recent weeks, too. Barron led the team with 15 tackles on Sunday, making one of the Rams’ six tackles for loss on the day.If Los Angeles can continue to improve its run defense, the entire unit will begin to play better. That’ll be a challenge this week with the NFL’s second-leading rusher, Leonard Fournette, likely carrying it 25 times on Sunday.

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/201...attle-seahawks-week-5-run-defense-stats-rank/

Rams sure have some major salary cap funds tied up in the LB'ing unit that by all indications is not running on all cylinders nor running smoothly..

*LB'er Alec Ogletree including 2017 id due to earn $50.4 million for the next five seasons Ogletree will be earning around 10 million a season. Tree will be a UFA 2022.

*LB'er Mark Barron has four years left @ $39 million that will earn him $15.6 million a season & will be a UFA in 2021.

*LB'er Robert Quinn has 3 seasons left on his contract including this season that will earn him approx 12 million a season totaling $36 million.Quinn will be a UFA in 2020.

Has Wade ever had so much high cost LB'ing talent ? Wonder what will be these high cost LB'ers excuses will be this week when the Jags run through this defense like most of the the rest of the NFL has?:palm: Me thinks something is wrong here with this picture.

Last edited: