Laurent Robinson got PAID

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

superfan24

Starter
:grr: had to break his leg of course on the Rams.
I dare anyone to say they saw this coming after the final year he had with us.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
superfan24 said:
:grr: had to break his leg of course on the Rams.
I dare anyone to say they saw this coming after the final year he had with us.
Oh there are plenty of people who said it. And the sad thing is, they believe it too.

Robinson reminds me of Az Hakim. Not in talent, but because both are really good receivers when they have 2 other legit targets to take the focus away from them. When they become THE primary target, it's not as glamorous. Take a look at Hakim when he went to the Lions. Wahh wahh wahhhhhhhhh.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I agree with X... I feel Robinson's success had a lot to do with the fact defenses were going "Austin, Bryant Witten, and Robinson.... Yeah, I guess we know who we're focusing on."

Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but I don't see him being some huge #1 guy in an offense. He's a complimentary player in my eyes. But who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong. I'll be happy for him if he does.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Uh...no. There's no way that Robinson should've been paid that much. I can honestly say that I'm glad that I don't know what the Jaguars front office was thinking. They must have been stoned out of their minds when they made this deal.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah the Jags overpaid, but Robinson is a good WR. I'd pair him w/ the tier of Stevie Johnson.

You gots to remember that Dallas lost Miles Austin and Dez Bryant to injury last year, so Robinson was good enough. It's why I refuse to believe Devaney was a bad GM. He was a good GM that had bad luck.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Angry Ram said:
Yeah the Jags overpaid, but Robinson is a good WR. I'd pair him w/ the tier of Stevie Johnson.

You gots to remember that Dallas lost Miles Austin and Dez Bryant to injury last year, so Robinson was good enough. It's why I refuse to believe Devaney was a bad GM. He was a good GM that had bad luck.

Angry, I usually agree with you, but Robinson is nowhere near Stevie Johnson in terms of talent, production, or...well, anything. Touchdowns, yes, but Johnson's been more productive in other areas for a much longer time.

He's talented enough to be a good number two if his health holds up, but Johnson is a borderline number one. If you're looking for comparisons, Garcon or Meachem might be more accurate.

Angry Ram

Memento said:
Angry Ram said:

Angry, I usually agree with you, but Robinson is nowhere near Stevie Johnson in terms of talent, production, or...well, anything. Touchdowns, yes, but Johnson's been more productive in other areas for a much longer time.

He's talented enough to be a good number two if his health holds up, but Johnson is a borderline number one. If you're looking for comparisons, Garcon or Meachem might be more accurate.

Meaning levels...

Top tier: Megatron, Fitz, Andre, Wallace.

2nd tier: V. Jackson, Dez Bryant, Hakeem Nicks.

3rd: Johnson, Cruz, Robinson.

Stevie Johnson is good and all, but not as high on my list...

Memento

Name
Jemma
Angry Ram said:
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:

Meaning levels...

Where do guys like Greg Jennings, Miles Austin, Jeremy Maclin (who is the true number one wideout in Philly, in my opinion, since he's a more complete receiver than Desean Jackson), Brandon Lloyd, Dwayne Bowe, Desean Jackson, Roddy White, Marques Colston, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, and Percy Harvin (among others) rank in your levels? Those are all guys that I consider to be better than Robinson. Aside from that, Stevie Johnson, in spite of his maturity issues, is still a good number one that a team can win with. I can't justify ranking Robinson above him or any of the others I've mentioned.

Just my honest opinion.

Angry Ram

Memento said:
Angry Ram said:
Memento said:
Angry Ram said:

Meaning levels...

Where do guys like Greg Jennings, Miles Austin, Jeremy Maclin (who is the true number one wideout in Philly, in my opinion, since he's a more complete receiver than Desean Jackson), Brandon Lloyd, Dwayne Bowe, Desean Jackson, Roddy White, Marques Colston, A.J. Green, Julio Jones, and Percy Harvin (among others) rank in your levels? Those are all guys that I consider to be better than Robinson. Aside from that, Stevie Johnson, in spite of his maturity issues, is still a good number one that a team can win with. I can't justify ranking Robinson above him or any of the others I've mentioned.

Just my honest opinion.

Jennings, Austin, Maclin, Bowe, White, Colston, Lloyd, and I'll throw in Welker, are all 2nd level guys for me. They don't quite have the "complete package" (size, speed, hands, jumping) but get the job done consistently w/ w/e they do excel at. Basically, great @ one thing, good @ everything else.

Green and Jones right now are 2nd tier b/c their so young, but they soon might move up to the top tier.

Harvin, D. Jackson, Stevie Johsnon IMO are just role players. Jackson is good for go routes and speed. B/c you're right, Maclin is the better overall WR. Harvin is a bonafide gadget play guy. I just don't view Stevie as the consistent go to guy as the 2nd level guys. If you have a good CB, you can easily make him a non factor, whereas if you have Colston, you can use his height advantage or Jenning's speed. And the elite guys, you can take them out for 3.9 qtrs but that last .1 of a qtr, look out.