Later Round WRs you wouldn't mind seeing in Horns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Lets say round 5 and beyond....

Here are a few late round WRs I like in horns

Jasper Collins, Mount Union

Small school kid, but unlike the last small school kid we drafted, Collins was pretty dominant. Despite dealing with bad Quarterback play, Collins was regularly getting separation from defensive backs. Collins ran well at his pro day and performed well. Collins showed some nice ability at the East-West Shrine. Collins is very fast and runs good routes with quickness. His ability to play special teams as returner could be an asset for the Rams as well. This kid has great potential to be a starter in the future IMO. Collins had 92 receptions for 1,694 yards with 22 touchdowns as a senior. He averaged 18.4 yards per catch. I see Collins going in rounds 5-6 range.

Conner Vernon, Duke

The Senior Bowl and Combine didn't go that well for Vernon. He ran one of the slower times among the wide receivers which will drop his stock, but he did very well in drills. Vernon is a possession WR who is very polished with terrific hands, he is not a burner but does have good quickness in routes to go along with fair speed. I do not think he will ever be a full time starter in this league but I think he could be a good depth WR as the 4th or maybe 3rd target, if he can make the transition obviously. Vernon finished with 85 receptions for 1,074 yards and 8 touchdowns in 2012. I think Vernon goes in round 5.

Ace Sanders, South Carolina

With Amendola gone and Givens getting geared up to playing maybe 50+ snaps per week, the Rams have a big hole at the returning posts. Ace Sanders was one of the best punt returners in college football last season, he is explosive, quick, and possesses good strength for his small frame. While raw at WR, Sanders is a threat to score any time he touches the ball. Sanders could serve well as depth WR giving us an occasional bubble screen or simple crossing route for a big play until he becomes more polished. Sanders main role here would be as returner though. While he has not done much kick off returning in college, he has the ability to IMO. We plug Sanders in at PR/KR from day one. Sanders caught 45 passes for 531 yards and 9 touchdowns in 2012, as well with averaging 14 yards per punt return and 2 TDs. I think Sanders goes in round 5-6 range.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I like this topic

While I think WR should be addressed early in the draft, here are some of the guys that peek my interest in the later rounds:

Justin Brown(Oklahoma) - Projected 7th Round - This is the WR that transfered to OU as a senior from Penn State after the fiasco up there. He has good size(6-3 210), decent speed(4.52 40), is a good route runner, has good hands, and has assumed leadership roles in the past. Honestly I dont know why he is projected to go as low as he is. IMO he suffered from inconsistent QB play(Lnadry Jones is easily the most overrated QB prospect). He also isnt exceptionally explosive.

Denard Robinson(Michigan) - Projected 6th or 7th round - Yes the Wolverrneen QB. He is an awful QB, but put simply 'you cant teach speed'. Robison has track athlete type speed. Throw a late round pick his way and see if you can develop him. Would be useful for gadget plays potentially too. (ie Antwon Randle-El)

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
libertadrocks said:
I like this topic

While I think WR should be addressed early in the draft, here are some of the guys that peek my interest in the later rounds:

Justin Brown(Oklahoma) - Projected 7th Round - This is the WR that transfered to OU as a senior from Penn State after the fiasco up there. He has good size(6-3 210), decent speed(4.52 40), is a good route runner, has good hands, and has assumed leadership roles in the past. Honestly I dont know why he is projected to go as low as he is. IMO he suffered from inconsistent QB play(Lnadry Jones is easily the most overrated QB prospect). He also isnt exceptionally explosive.

Denard Robinson(Michigan) - Projected 6th or 7th round - Yes the Wolverrneen QB. He is an awful QB, but put simply 'you cant teach speed'. Robison has track athlete type speed. Throw a late round pick his way and see if you can develop him. Would be useful for gadget plays potentially too. (ie Antwon Randle-El)

Wouldnt mind taking a swing at Robinson. He seems to get everything except how to throw a ball. might not be a bad shot at rb,either

Zero

Pro Bowler
Ryan Swope.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCosoGT0beM[/youtube]

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I definitely want one in the first, and its not like we will be reaching. One of the top three guys will end up a Ram. A late round guy might have to be a returner, if we don't get Austin.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
HE WITH HORNS said:
I definitely want one in the first, and its not like we will be reaching. One of the top three guys will end up a Ram. A late round guy might have to be a returner, if we don't get Austin.

I am not saying I don't want a WR in the early rounds. Hell I actually want us to come out of the first 3 rounds with 2 WRs taken...Just a discussion on what late round WR prospects some like... :ww:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd say Marquess Wilson, Jasper Collins, TJ Moe and Martel Moore all interest me. Corey Fuller and Sam McGuffie are two other intriguing WRs.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Rabid Ram said:
libertadrocks said:
I like this topic

Wouldnt mind taking a swing at Robinson. He seems to get everything except how to throw a ball. might not be a bad shot at rb,either

I like the Randle El reference is he that athletic, El did the fastest EVER cone drill didn't he?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nice topic!

I like Ryan Swope too. In the right situation, he's a neat player. Might not make it out of the 3rd and certainly won't make it out of the 4th.