Late thoughts on the line and offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
I am truly amazed at how well the line has played in both games so far. I don't know if its Boudreau, Schotty or a combination of both but they are way above their talent level.

I think that Robert Turner was a vastly underrated acquisition and he really should have received a game ball for the Washington game. You could see him directing the line and in the huddle he was a leader. They are holding up even when they empty the backfield.

I can see him shifting into the left guard slot if and when Wells comes back. Richardson hasn't had the usual plethora of false starts and personal falls. He can run block but its always been a question of his discipline and pass blocking. So far he is holding up.

I don't have any illusions as to Hunter other than he isn't as bad as the Jets made it out and isn't anywhere as good as Saffold. When Turner when out I noticed Schotty flopped double tight ends to Nyesehe (how the hell do you say that or spell it) to help him on all his snaps.

And that is what I think is the essence of Schotty's offense. He does business with what he has. Whereas McD. tried to run the Patriots/Broncos without the Gronk and Brady Schotty doesn't force it.

Seeing the game in person doesn't allow you to really study the attack the way you think you would. You get to caught up in watching the ball and Captain Tiffany. But I plan on watching the replay on NFL Network. It seemed to me that Schotty really studied the film and found a huge hole right in the middle of Haslett's defense and went right after it.

About midway through the first quarter I thought the Rams were clearly the better team and if they could ever quit making mistakes would win.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think Sam has suddenly become more decisive and isn't holding the ball as long.
His comments previous to the Wash game bespoke a confidence in his OC the game plan etc a.
ALL that helps the o-line and JMO we go into CHI with a team in harmony against a team in turmoil, I LIKE our chances,won't be easy, never is with Urlacher , but I still think OUR D can dominate their O line and keep the love between Webb and Cutler flowing.