last week I thought no way

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

laramsoriginal

Starter
The Rams stay put at #2 but now after the majority of tier one OL signed elsewhere, no way the rams miss on the opportunity of drafting Robinson/Mathews by trading down.

Now the Rams will probably sign a tier two OG plus a veteran swing OT. Such players can be had on the cheap compared to tier one OL.

So if the Rams do stay put at 2 and take Robinson/Mathews, who do Rams target at #13? Or is that piece they use to trade down?

In all honesty, I am a bit discouraged the FO did not address the major holes at both OG positions. You cannot compete for a NFCW title with a questionable OL. None of use know if the holes on the OL get patched up. For Bradford and all the Ram fans sake, I hope Snisher brings in some quality OL via draft or FA.

jjab360

Legend
Rams trade down between 4-6, one of the two is guaranteed to be there. You take that calculated risk after gathering all the info available, no way you stay put at no.2 with a potential bounty available to you.

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry forgot to mention this in the OP but what if the rams plan on bringing back Dhal and Finnegan for 2 million a piece? The FO does not want to pay a FA a lot of money.
Snisher and company may believe both players could have a bounce back year.

fearsomefour

Legend
Rams trade down between 4-6, one of the two is guaranteed to be there. You take that calculated risk after gathering all the info available, no way you stay put at no.2 with a potential bounty available to you.
The risk your running there is some jumping ahead of you.
If the determine either Robinson or Matthews is a can't miss must get trading down further than 4 is a significant risk.

Alan

Legend
laramsoriginal with a stunner:
Now the Rams will probably sign a tier two OG plus a veteran swing OT. Such players can be had on the cheap compared to tier one OL.
Those are two very interesting sentences. Can you give me an example of one of those comparatively cheap veteran swing OTs?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
My concern here is that with HOU acquiring Mallet they are more than likely going Clowney with the 1st pick. That leaves the 3 QBs but will either OAK or CLE move up to get in front of JAX for "pick of the litter"? This class doesn't seem, at this point at least, to have that must have player. Also, even if HOS doesn't select Clowney it appears from moves made yesterday that ATL will primarily be a 3-4 D making Clowney a less attractive target for them. We may, indeed, get "stuck" at 2.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the texans acquired mallet? when did that happen?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The risk your running there is some jumping ahead of you.
If the determine either Robinson or Matthews is a can't miss must get trading down further than 4 is a significant risk.
This is true...but by trading down you have to believe they have acquired another pick in the process...I'd have to think it would be no worse than a second rounder.

So if both of the OTs are gone you'd have to believe Sammy Watkins is there. Maybe not your most pressing need at that time, but an elite talent.

If we stay in the top 6 I think we will come out with a big time player.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
My concern here is that with HOU acquiring Mallet they are more than likely going Clowney with the 1st pick. That leaves the 3 QBs but will either OAK or CLE move up to get in front of JAX for "pick of the litter"? This class doesn't seem, at this point at least, to have that must have player. Also, even if HOS doesn't select Clowney it appears from moves made yesterday that ATL will primarily be a 3-4 D making Clowney a less attractive target for them. We may, indeed, get "stuck" at 2.

When did this happen? Last I heard the Texans weren't considering it.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
My "source" was my son but he told me of this yesterday. I did not bother to confirm it. Hopefully he was wrong.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Sum -- it appears that I was premature on that. I can find nothing newer than 2 days ago and that was just rumor. Sorry for spreading bad info.

Maybe there still is a silver lining.

fearsomefour

Legend
This is true...but by trading down you have to believe they have acquired another pick in the process...I'd have to think it would be no worse than a second rounder.

So if both of the OTs are gone you'd have to believe Sammy Watkins is there. Maybe not your most pressing need at that time, but an elite talent.

If we stay in the top 6 I think we will come out with a big time player.
Agreed. With the Jags trading Gabbart it ensures they are going QB I would think. Interesting to see what Houston does. Hopefully Clowney is there at two as there may be a trade partner for him. Like I said its a win win for the most part. If the Rams get "stuck" at two they have their pick at any position of need. With this draft being so deep (reportedly) it makes sense to add picks. I am sure other teams are thinking that was as well.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sorry forgot to mention this in the OP but what if the rams plan on bringing back Dhal and Finnegan for 2 million a piece? The FO does not want to pay a FA a lot of money.
Snisher and company may believe both players could have a bounce back year.

Naw!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

It could happen, or they may end up bailing out of the #2 slot for less than actual value just to get anything extra. This is in total flux right now because of so many different converging drivers. Who knows how this is going to play out and that's kinda fun, stressful a little too.