Larry Fitzgerald doesn’t expect to be back with Cardinals next year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I meant we already have a big receiver in Quick who is coming back. So, I would be okay if we made room for Fitzgerald by losing Britt. But only if it was for that purpose. Otherwise, keep Britt.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/larry-fitzgerald-speaks-of-cardinals-in-past-tense/

Larry Fitzgerald speaks of Cardinals in past tense
Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2015

fitzgerald.jpg
Getty Images

With Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgeraldapproaching a new league year that will entail a cap number of $23.6 million, a “mutual parting” is possible. In a Tuesday appearance on NBCSN, Fitzgerald chose his words in a way suggesting that he’s already gone.

“I truly enjoyed my time playing for the Arizona Cardinals, really enjoyed my relationship with Bruce Arians and his coaching staff, truly been a pleasure to play in the NFL for as long as I have been able to but obviously there’s business that needs to be taken care of,” Fitzgerald told Paul Burmeister of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN. “Hopefully we can address it here in the near future.”

The Cardinals and Fitzgerald’s agent reportedly are negotiating a new deal. During the regular season, PFT reported that the Cardinals won’t cut Fitzgerald. G.M. Steve Keim thereafter said the team already has worked the cash and cap budget to keep Fitzgerald.

He could still be traded, but the team privately insists he won’t be released. The strategy could be to force him to jeopardize his “nice guy” image by hoarding cash and cap space at a time when his skills may not justify the investment.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Sign Fitz and Peyton Manning if both are cut, draft all o-line. Win Super Bowl.

Wish I didn't have to use blue font and that scenario WAS realistic. It's not though.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Fitz is my favorite non-Ram player. He has an ideal personality/work ethic, he is a leader in the locker room, he has tons of experience, he has been an elite WR, and he has a strong desire to win. What scares everyone has to be his age and stats last year but he was playing injured most of the season. He has dealt with a lifetime of BS in Arizona and a revolving door of QBs so I understand him wanting to move on at this late stage.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With Bowles in New York, Fitz probably ends up with the receiving starved Jets.

He would also be the classic Patriots signing.

Athos

Legend
With Bowles in New York, Fitz probably ends up with the receiving starved Jets.

He would also be the classic Patriots signing.

Fuck, I hope not.

No reason to pick Fitz up honestly. If you want a WR, you can get a friggen good one in the draft in White or Parker or DGB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
freak, I hope not.

No reason to pick Fitz up honestly. If you want a WR, you can get a friggen good one in the draft in White or Parker or DGB.

The Jets probably could but the Pats will pick late and Fitz would be a supplement to that anyway.

Athos

Legend
The Jets probably could but the Pats will pick late and Fitz would be a supplement to that anyway.

I know. I just hope the Patsies don't sign him. OAK has crap tons of cap space and that'd be a legit weapon for Carr and let them trade down a bunch to build much needed depth on their roster.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know. I just hope the Patsies don't sign him. OAK has crap tons of cap space and that'd be a legit weapon for Carr and let them trade down a bunch to build much needed depth on their roster.

His career is winding down. I am guessing that he is just not as quick or fast as he used to be. So does he go to a rebuild or try for one more title?