Larry Fitzgerald doesn’t expect to be back with Cardinals next year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
There's no quote here from LR and the Cards GM says they have the money to keep him, so this seems more like conjecture from one reporter, but if Fitzgerald ends up going to another team it would be a big story.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-expect-to-be-back-with-cardinals-next-year/

Report: Larry Fitzgerald doesn’t expect to be back with Cardinals next year
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on January 1, 2015

larry-fitzgerald.jpg
AP

The Arizona Cardinals have expressed a desire to keep receiver Larry Fitzgerald with the organization for the remainder of his career with no plans of releasing the star wide out.

Nevertheless, Fitzgerald is apparently anticipating the end of his tenure with the Cardinals following this season.

According to Craig Morgan of FOX Sports Arizona, Fitzgerald doesn’t expect to be back with the Cardinals next season.

Fitzgerald won’t be released by the Cardinals and general manager Steve Keim says the team has accounted for his massive salary cap number for 2015.

That stance could give Fitzgerald leverage to hold the Cardinals to his current contract Fitzgerald apparently is also frustrated with his role within the Cardinals Offense, which has asked him to play inside in the slot more frequently. Fitzgerald’s 63 catches, 784 yards and two touchdowns were his lowest marks in all three categories since his rookie season in 2004.

If Fitzgerald accurately predicts that he won’t be with the Cardinals in 2015, Saturday’s playoff game against the Carolina Panthers could be his final appearance for Arizona after 11 seasons in the desert.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah, no so interested in Fitz.
He is a class guy a good team guy and a great player. But, like ZigZag said, he numbers are down and his age is up. Although he could still be that clutch guy for a first down....but the money he would demand wouldn't make sense to me.

jap

Legend
I hoped for the Horns to swing a trade for Fitz years before when he was still young. I mean, since they grossly overpayed for crappy receivers before, I figured they might as well overpay for a worthwhile one.

It's not nearly worth it now.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm not sure you can look at Fitz's numbers and make any conclusions. He's being asked to play out of position and isn't really featured in their offense. Not to mention Stanton and Lindley throwing to him more games than Palmer. When Palmer was in there, Fitz would put up pretty good numbers if I recall. The 2nd and 3rd string QB's were throwing to guys they were more familiar with.

I'd take Fitz with a more realistic deal. He got the moon a few years ago and that's way out of line now but I think he's still a quality #1 and should be paid as such.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I think this year he played the decoy role for the team to open up others on the team. Yes he did get hurt, but I still think he has a lot left. (See Anquan Boldin)

SierraRam

Recreational User
I think this year he played the decoy role for the team to open up others on the team. Yes he did get hurt, but I still think he has a lot left. (See Anquan Boldin)

Exactly! When I first heard about this, I immediately thought 'niners'. Boldin, Crabtree & Fitz - oh my

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just posted this on another board......

=================================

I know he has to be frustrated as all get out

To have that kind of talent and have no one early in your career to get you the ball, then you get the equivalent of the worlds best carnival ride when Warner shows up, but then he retires, and then things go back to nothing for a few years, then Palmer shows up and a little spark happens, but then he gets hurt.

It would drive me crazy so I'm guessing it's driving him crazy times 10.

A55VA6

Legend
I might sound crazy but I wouldn't be interested if he was available.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He's very interesting, but what would we have to pay for his services?

IMO he is worth more than any other player at WR currently on the roster. He's 31, so maybe a half step slower but he gets open and catches the ball.

When he has someone to throw it to him of course.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
No thank you.

We got the same production from Kenny Britt with worse QB play. Fitz's days as a productive pass catcher are coming to a close.

Yep, Britt and even Cook had similiar stats. I also doubt Fitz will be in ARZ next yeat. I'd say the Pats pick him up. :confused:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
He'll go somewhere else and reenergize his career like Boldin. I would love it if he came here. I know it's not likely money-wise, but he would be an instant upgrade over anyone we have. Provided we don't stick him out of position like the Cardinals did. I like Britt, I definitely would like to see him resigned, but even at 31 Fitz is better at beating coverage on a consistent basis. Fitz, Britt, Quick and Austin combined with upgrades to the line and a decent QB would trump anything Seattle or Arizona could do defensively.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I'd take Fitz if he signed cheap and he just wanted to smash on AZ twice for a year. Dudes a sick WR but the price is too high for us. He could teach our young guys alot, help them develope.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
We already have Britt in Brian Quick. If they could work it out (here's where working the magic between the Snisher and Bradford would come in handy), then can you imagine this lineup?

Fitzgerald, Quick, Austin, Cook, Bailey, Mason with Bradford throwing to them and Kendricks, Cunningham, Harkey and Stacy in reserve?

At least no one couldn't say that Fisher wasn't a man of his word when he mentioned "radical change" on offense...

Put him at #1 in an offense that will let him go and that guy will go. Now... in the offense we ran this year? Nah... but I think whether it's Schotty or someone else... they're going to make substantial and significant changes because...they have to....and that will put the #1 WR in position to make plays.

Big Willie

Starter
If they cut him, he would be wise to hook up with a legit QB....Brees, One of the Manning boys, Rodgers, or even Brady. He has to set his sites on the HOF and find himself a winning team that could help him pad his numbers.

moklerman

Warner-phile
We already have Britt in Brian Quick. If they could work it out (here's where working the magic between the Snisher and Bradford would come in handy), then can you imagine this lineup?

Fitzgerald, Quick, Austin, Cook, Bailey, Mason with Bradford throwing to them and Kendricks, Cunningham, Harkey and Stacy in reserve?

At least no one couldn't say that Fisher wasn't a man of his word when he mentioned "radical change" on offense...

Put him at #1 in an offense that will let him go and that guy will go. Now... in the offense we ran this year? Nah... but I think whether it's Schotty or someone else... they're going to make substantial and significant changes because...they have to....and that will put the #1 WR in position to make plays.
Do we have Britt? I thought he was on a 1-year, prove it type of deal?