Langford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
IMO, he is the guy that needs to step up the most on the D-line, in regards to rush D. I don't key on him much, but when I do I mostly see him engaged and rarely in the backfield. With Brockers out, our interior D-line is small and is losing the battle at the LOS.

Can someone chime in with something that he does great, because I can't recall any flash plays?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
IMO, he is the guy that needs to step up the most on the D-line, in regards to rush D. I don't key on him much, but when I do I mostly see him engaged and rarely in the backfield. With Brockers out, our interior D-line is small and is losing the battle at the LOS.

Can someone chime in with something that he does great, because I can't recall any flash plays?
I have to admit that it seems he needs a big body next to him. Though it is still pre-season and I think we often see things in pre-season that just don't measure up to the full line-up.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

I think a lot of guys have camp legs right now, but Langford played pretty well last year, IMO.

P.S. Go GOT.

RamsOfCastamere

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think a lot of guys have camp legs right now, but Langford played pretty well last year, IMO.

P.S. Go GOT.

Yea it's been a long offseason and recent memory is more prominent. It's just that GB's DTs were in our backfield before running plays developed, and I want us to do the same. Does Langford get double teamed? I can't recall.

Our DTs have to get penetration.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yea it's been a long offseason and recent memory is more prominent. It's just that GB's DTs were in our backfield before running plays developed, and I want us to do the same. Does Langford get double teamed? I can't recall.

Our DTs have to get penetration.
GB's offense was in full mid season mode, no huddle the whole game, and we played, man to man football pretty much. Easy to get winded in those sitches, especially with camp legs. I saw them double team, and hold...quite a bit, IMO, but in general, not focused on him.

RamsOfCastamere

GB's offense was in full mid season mode, no huddle the whole game, and we played, man to man football pretty much. Easy to get winded in those sitches, especially with camp legs. I saw them double team, and hold...quite a bit, IMO, but in general, not focused on him.

Just worried about our rush Def. I believe our key to success is stopping the run on first and second down, setting up 3rd and longs. We have to the talent, just have to execute.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Just worried about our rush Def. I believe our key to success is stopping the run on first and second down, setting up 3rd and longs. We have to the talent, just have to execute.
Agree, but a lot of out key cogs are out, hurt, or playing not to give it away. We'll be okay, this a very good defensive line. Crap, you see Sims, and his new pass rush moves....beastly.

RamsOfCastamere

Agree, but a lot of out key cogs are out, hurt, or playing not to give it away. We'll be okay, this a very good defensive line. Crap, you see Sims, and his new pass rush moves....beastly.

Our DE depth is insane. I just hope Brockers returns soon and doesn't get hurt, along with Saffold, Lauranitis and Long of course.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

Langford isn't bad but a Brockers loss would be big. Williams will be able to fill in the gaps with plenty of schemes as long as injury counts are low

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think from Fish's MO, Brockers could have played from the beginning of PS (JL as well) but they didn't need to see what semi-healthy starters are able to do. Makes me feel good about seeing CL out there. He must be fully healed and ready to pin his ears back.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

I have to ask, what games are you speaking of? This preseason or the regular season of 2013? If it is 2013, then I will have to say that IMO, Langford is more disruptive in the Run game than Brockers. Off the top of my head, I think Langford had 10 Tackles For Loss last season. I think Brockers had 4 in the game against the Texans but not much more than that. When an opponents Run play is strung out for no gain or stopped for a loss, Langford is usually the first player causing disruption to the play.
I think he is as important to the Rams Run defense as Long and Quinn are to the Pass Rush.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I have a feeling Langford will be traded to the COwturds before the trade deadline TBH

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G

He's the starting left tackle and will stay at that spot, does a not of things well. Last year had 2nd most stuffs among all defenders according to Rams coaches, had 26 hits/hurries, year before he was like 3rd or 4th. He does a tought, grind-it-out job.

Rams did have 4 bad games versus the run where they allowed over 5 yards a carry and 200 yards. But hey also had 12 games where they allowed only 3.4 yards a carry (a team record that beats the Foursome and the D;s of the 1970s) and allowed under 90. 3 of the 4 bad games were early then they did get schemed versus Tenny. However, Langford was part of the defense that allwed 3.7 yards a carry and was 3rd in NFL and also about 3rd in sacks.

fearsomefour

Legend
Langford is a very solid DT. He won't be confused with Bryant Young anytime soon but is solid vs the run and maintaining his position. He was not the Rams first choice that FA year but has been solid. Considering there were (if memory serves) two DTs in the entire league with 10 sacks Langfords 5 or 5.5 are very respectable.
Brockers is the key to me. He does have the potential to be a dominating DT.
Both Brockers and Langford saw their share of double teams last year. I think it was based more on the play call than either one being considered a stud. Developing a true DT rotation with Donald, Brockers, Langford ect will create challenges for those interior lineman.
Looking forward to Brockers developing into a top tier DT over the season or two.