Lance Kendricks, Jermelle Cudjo off the PUP list

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The Rams got a pair of players back in the fold on Tuesday.

The St. Louis Rams will have a pair of familiar faces back in the fold this week. Tight end Lance Kendricks and defensive tackle Jermelle Cudjo pass physicals and were activated from the PUP list on Tuesday.

Cudjo had been dealing with a foot injury. Kendricks was recovering from a knee scope operation during the offseason. Both veterans return in plenty of time to get quality work with the team and the chance to play in three preseason games. There's still the question of whether either one will be active for this Saturday's game against the Packers.

Kendricks, as a starter last season, caught 42 passes for 519 yards and four touchdowns. He also proved to be a key part of the Rams blocking schemes, often doubling up with weak links at tackle like Barry Richardson or the string of replacements filling in for injured starters.

This year's version of the offense should still feature plenty of Kendricks. New addition Jared Cook will take over as the primary receiving threat at the position, thanks to his ability to stretch the field, but he's not much of an in-line blocker.

Cudjo played his way into the third defensive tackle spot last year, and gave the middle of the Rams defense another solid run stopper. He has more competition this year for one of final defensive linemen spots on the 53-man roster.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/8/13/4619390/st-louis-rams-training-camp-lance-kendricks-jermelle-cudjo-roster" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/8/13/ ... djo-roster</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
These are two BIG parts of our team. Good news!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Damn right! I especially want to see Kendricks and Cook out there together.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
albefree69 said:
Me too, I've been waiting to see this double TE formation we can now run

Also, I think Cudjo is a pretty good rotational DT. Our depth at DT behind Brockers and Langford is not that great

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I only hope that LK is fully recovered in time for the regular season. If our line can be as solid as we expect, freeing him from some of his blocking duties, I think LK can be quite a weapon in the receiving game, particularly in 2 TE sets as someone else mentioned.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Fisher said they aren't ready to play yet, but he wanted them available for walkthroughs. If they stayed on PUP they couldn't even do walkthroughs. So he took them off PUP.

Bradford said having Cook and Kendricks on the field together is a big deal, because of their speed and Kendricks' blocking.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
brokeu91 said:
albefree69 said:

Also, I think Cudjo is a pretty good rotational DT. Our depth at DT behind Brockers and Langford is not that great

I agree that Cudjo being back upgrades the rotation at DT, but don't sell Conrath short. (no pun intended). At 6'7 they really like his size and length on the interior of the DLine, and he more than any of the interior linemen, has the knack for knocking down passes at the LOS.

He definitely has added weight and bulk from last year, and I think he has a chance to be a big part of the rotation along with Cudjo.

nighttrain

Legend
brokeu91 said:
albefree69 said:

we needed both of them, but cant wait to see Kendricks and Cook in a two tight end set
train

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CoachO said:
brokeu91 said:
albefree69 said:

I agree that Cudjo being back upgrades the rotation at DT, but don't sell Conrath short. (no pun intended). At 6'7 they really like his size and length on the interior of the DLine, and he more than any of the interior linemen, has the knack for knocking down passes at the LOS.

He definitely has added weight and bulk from last year, and I think he has a chance to be a big part of the rotation along with Cudjo.
Most improved players that I have seen from a physical standpoint so far, is Barnes on offense, and Conrath on defense. They have completely changed their bodies.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
CoachO said:
brokeu91 said:
albefree69 said:

Most improved players that I have seen from a physical standpoint so far, is Barnes on offense, and Conrath on defense. They have completely changed their bodies.

+1

Don't forget about Brockers either in how he has reshaped his body. Looks like a different player.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CoachO said:
DR RAM said:
CoachO said:
brokeu91 said:
albefree69 said:

+1

Don't forget about Brockers either in how he has reshaped his body. Looks like a different player.
More guys have too, but i guess that I root for the underdog a little. I expected that from Brockers I guess. Givens looks much thicker, Quick looks more cut, and a lot quicker. There are more, but the great thing is, that this staff have these guys on great programs, as long as the players put in the work.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
CoachO said:
brokeu91 said:
albefree69 said:

Good point about Conrath's height.

With him and Brockers up front, that should pose a huge problem for Russell Wilson. He has difficulty making throws from the pocket already.

I was watching Wilson against SD and he makes all his plays on the perimeter. When he passed from the pocket it was with a 10 step drop and the passes are long and not all that accurate. He doesn't even wait for pressure in his face, he expects it and immediately bails out, usually to his right to pass and to his left to run. You'd think he'd be easy to defend but he's so damn slippery.

fearsomefour

Legend
Hopefully Conrath has evolved in his game and getting the extra reps can only help. Getting these guys back now still allows enough time to get into some sort of game shape. That they both are rotational guys helps alot. As with most I am looking forward to see how Kendricks is used espcially when Cook is on the field at the same time. He made big strides last year. He is not the smoothest runner but has some speed (see the Tampa Bay game). Cudjo was a very unheralded part of the D last year, but, filled an important role. A good D line rotation is only as good as the 3rd DT and DE....luckily both of ours are pretty good.

RustyRay

Rookie
Great news...Kendricks really took some big steps last year towards becoming a very good TE and player for the Rams...He was actually catching the ball and is a threat...and man he is a solid blocker. He is very important to this team.

Cudjo is needed depth wise...he is a solid #3 or 4 DT for the team...curious how many Dline with make the team.

Great news! I like both of these guys and they both have important roles to play for the team.

RustyRay

Rookie
fearsomefour said:
Hopefully Conrath has evolved in his game and getting the extra reps can only help. Getting these guys back now still allows enough time to get into some sort of game shape. That they both are rotational guys helps alot. As with most I am looking forward to see how Kendricks is used espcially when Cook is on the field at the same time. He made big strides last year. He is not the smoothest runner but has some speed (see the Tampa Bay game). Cudjo was a very unheralded part of the D last year, but, filled an important role. A good D line rotation is only as good as the 3rd DT and DE....luckily both of ours are pretty good.

Thought Conrath looked really solid vs Cleveland...he was stout against the run and got off blocks and made a few tackles.