Lance Kendricks cost us 2 games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams77

Starter
Man-Kendricks dropped a sure TD against the Panthers and his shaky hands caused the INT against NE when we were gaining some momentum. This guy has stuck around for a long time but I think he's gotta go. The Lions cut Pettigrew today and I think it's time the Rams cut this guy as well and play their young guys at TE.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
As frustrating as he is sometimes. I think he is still far better than anyone else on the roster.

Debacled

Starter
163 total yards and you think one play "cost" the game against NE? There was zero momentum to even lose in that game.

They lost the carolina game because this offense is bad enough to where it could do literally nothing against arguably the worst pass D in the league until 30ish seconds left. The problems are wide spread, and they are much larger than a TE missing on 2 plays.

Rams77

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But my point is that he is not a starting caliber TE in the NFL and don't think he ever was. Time to stop playing it safe by starting Higbee or Hemingway. Playing it safe has gotten the Rams no where

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He has actually gotten better. And he might do more in a more well-schemed offense. But he still sucks, as instead of being a steady vet they can count on he's still making dumb mistakes. I'm beyond tired of it man.

Higbee might be the future or he might not be. But I know Lance isn't. Just another JAG on this roster.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I know. If Kendricks would've made those 2 catches we'd be heading to the SB. How many dropped passes have our WRs made, how many bad throws have our QBs made, how many bad runs has Gurley made, how many....

The list is endless unfortunately, what I don't like with this team is that games shouldn't be within 3 or 7 points. I know its the way of Fisherball. But we should be scoring more. Period. I know a win is a win, but I think as soon as a team is up by 10 or 14 points, they relax into the win, the way we play, players must be on edge all the time - you know, " I've gotta make this throw", "I must make this catch" or "I gotta make this run" adding extra pressure on a player.

Look at that quote by JJ on the way he played at the Rams, he felt that he HAD to push it and commit sometimes, because he felt he HAD to do something.

We need to go through the motions, do the basics correctly, convert our first downs, stop passing behind the LOS, mix up the backfield, get TA running with the ball and score some TDs.

So no, I don't think Kendricks has cost us games, his drops have been unfortunate - but not the reason. Look at the stats below, we're pretty equal with our opponents

REC TAR % YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM FUML YAC 1DN
Rams 242 408 59 2678 11.1 13 66 37 223.2 2 2 1239 120
Opponents
291 447 65 2933 10.1 21 61 31 244.4 4 3 1243 145

Our catch rate could be better, but look at the TD scored. We need to sort out our Redzone work...

FRO

Legend
Kendricks isn't a starting level TE. He is a nice role player though. His inconsistent hands hurt the team, but he helps in other aspects.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Meh....dysfunction is all around...but Lance's drops are a sign to move on....TE's make tough catches...Again, we need to grab guys with the measureables....Big hands, proven catch radius...physical run blocker...IN COLLEGE!....

Two TE's coming out...OJ Howard, and Jake Butts...and I bet Les & Fish want Howard because of athleticism....and I love Butts because of the other stuff...Big hands...and has made some nice catches...tough catches...

No excuses but Belichick singled him out in his press conferences
Curious? What's this about???

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Man-Kendricks dropped a sure TD against the Panthers and his shaky hands caused the INT against NE when we were gaining some momentum. This guy has stuck around for a long time but I think he's gotta go. The Lions cut Pettigrew today and I think it's time the Rams cut this guy as well and play their young guys at TE.

You can make the case that he cost us the Panthers game. However, without excusing his butterfingers, I still don't think you can say he cost us the New England game ... that one was going to be tough to win no matter what. At most, I think you can argue he cost us a chance to be more competitive.

I sometimes wonder if our WR's are so used to dealing with inaccurate passers that they just cannot handle a well-placed, accurate pass. Yes, that sounds ridiculous ... but then again, our offense is ridiculous (as in ridiculously bad).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meh....dysfunction is all around...but Lance's drops are a sign to move on....TE's make tough catches...Again, we need to grab guys with the measureables....Big hands, proven catch radius...physical run blocker...IN COLLEGE!....

Two TE's coming out...OJ Howard, and Jake Butts...and I bet Les & Fish want Howard because of athleticism....and I love Butts because of the other stuff...Big hands...and has made some nice catches...tough catches...

We've got bigger fish to fry.

MountainRam

Rookie

Curious? What's this about???

View: https://twitter.com/thejackwang/status/804013847023472640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I agree completely here with our young smart ROD resident soon to be lawyer @jrry32. On this matter we need to let the recent added youthful TE's here do what they were brought in to do first.

Rams drafted two TE's this past draft. One or both need to step up & prove they can be better TE's than Lance Kendricks. Cory Harkey is also a forgotten TE too. Snead also signed rookie TE who is 6-6 1/2 @ 265 pounds named Bryce Williams. So we do have some competition coming up here in 2017. One of these four other TE's needs to grasp the starting post away from Lance Kendricks in the 2017 season Training Camp & Pre Season before we consider dumping Lance.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Oh....he's just greasing him up....I bet if/when we release him, they'll try to grab him...
You may be more right on this than many know....with TE Martellus Bennett waiting to be paid more than Gronk & turning down the Pats 2017 & beyond contract offer that was more than his calculated Market Value.

MountainRam

Rookie
You may be more right on this than many know....with TE Martellus Bennett waiting to be paid more than Gronk & turning down the Pats 2017 & beyond contract offer that was more than his calculated Market Value.

With all the "sun in the eyes" issues, Kendricks will not last mini training camp at Patriots.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Yeah and Austins Volley ball play cost us the Giants game and add in a game or two if we could have kept Jenkins. All comes down to bad teams finding ways to lose. Good teams overcome.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
163 total yards and you think one play "cost" the game against NE? There was zero momentum to even lose in that game.

They lost the carolina game because this offense is bad enough to where it could do literally nothing against arguably the worst pass D in the league until 30ish seconds left. The problems are wide spread, and they are much larger than a TE missing on 2 plays.

Thank you thank you thank you!